Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250357 times)

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 0.4, text Dwarf Fortress on remote servers (Telnet or web browser)
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2010, 01:08:44 am »

One last noob question. Is there a font, or certain settings for colors i can do in putty so that designations still highlight on black squares? In the couple of tests (LAN tests) I've done that's been really bothering me.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2010, 06:08:23 am »

One last noob question. Is there a font, or certain settings for colors i can do in putty so that designations still highlight on black squares? In the couple of tests (LAN tests) I've done that's been really bothering me.

What?

I don't understand. Do designations not show or something? That would be a bug.

Could you give me a screenshot?

Also, I'll put stars to passwords in next version.

I make dead people. Dfterm3

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2010, 11:36:34 am »

I'll try and grab a screenshot later today, but I mean on the 'hidden' squares the designations don't show. If I try and designate a straight line through a rock wall, it'll only highlight the border.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2010, 04:06:00 pm »

http://www11.speedyshare.com/files/24340930/download/designation%20screenie.PNG
Here it is. I designated a straight line across there but it only shows the edges.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:54:51 pm by Vigilant »

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2010, 07:05:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here it is. I designated a straight line across there but it only shows the edges.

pic not showing up.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »

pic not showing up.

You can see it if you get the link directly from the img tags:
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2010, 04:05:02 am »

pic not showing up.

You can see it if you get the link directly from the img tags:

Fixed.

This was a Linux-only bug, that was caused by dfterm2 not handling inversed characters. Baughn's curses code in DF has a special case for CP437 block character (█) to use an inversed space instead on some cases (these cases include mining designations).

The fix has been pushed to the git repository to the master branch.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2010, 11:35:29 am »

Awesome, thanks :)

Now I just have to harass OIT today on why outsiders can access my server but I can't over campus wireless...

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 0.5, text Dwarf Fortress on remote servers (Telnet or web browser)
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2010, 07:37:17 am »

I've released dfterm2 0.5. Read on.

I discovered a rather severe bug with CTRL+X I added to 0.4. Suffice to say, it was pretty easy to crash the server using it.

While I was patching that up, I discovered another perfomance bug that affects Linux systems. If dfterm2 felt laggy for you on Linux, this release might speed up that a bit.

Finally I fixed two small memory leaks.

If you are using 0.4 you probably should update to 0.5 to patch the crash bug. 0.3 does not have the bug.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2010, 11:30:46 am »

Neat new version!... however we may have some problems :(

Bugs and concerns (all are linux) :
-while configuring my first slot (setting the allowed launchers) i got dfterm to crash throwing error
".../trankesbel/interface_ncurses.cc::2662: bool trankesbel::AbstractWindow::getHidden() const: Assertion 'false' failed."
          -this seems to happen whenever setting those privledges. So the game is effectively borked :(
-still no stars when entering in password
-I can't easily reconfirm this anymore until the version is working (why i deleted my working 0.4 i'll never know) : but i believe setting maximum slots running never perserved the changes if i wanted to set it from 30 to 2

EDIT : if i look at that line it just has an call "assert(false);" -_- is this a goof?
http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=101644&SiteID=210 apparently there's a bug related to that call too. Can't tell if it's the same. I have to head out in 5 minutes so i was skimming.

for now i just commented out the assert and recompiled :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:42:01 am by Vigilant »

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:09 am »

Neat new version!... however we may have some problems :(

Bugs and concerns (all are linux) :
-while configuring my first slot (setting the allowed launchers) i got dfterm to crash throwing error
".../trankesbel/interface_ncurses.cc::2662: bool trankesbel::AbstractWindow::getHidden() const: Assertion 'false' failed."
          -this seems to happen whenever setting those privledges. So the game is effectively borked :(
-still no stars when entering in password
-I can't easily reconfirm this anymore until the version is working (why i deleted my working 0.4 i'll never know) : but i believe setting maximum slots running never perserved the changes if i wanted to set it from 30 to 2

EDIT : if i look at that line it just has an call "assert(false);" -_- is this a goof?
http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=101644&SiteID=210 apparently there's a bug related to that call too. Can't tell if it's the same. I have to head out in 5 minutes so i was skimming.

for now i just commented out the assert and recompiled :D

I put assert(false) at times to code that's supposed to be unreachable. On Windows releases they are ignored, on default Linux builds they are effective.

I just made a proper fix and pushed it that makes the code in question really unreachable. Hopefully.

The password stars thing didn't get there yet, because I thought getting the bug fixed was much more urgent.

I wish it was easy to write automated tests for an UI like this.

EDIT: Also implemented stars in password fields and it's also in git master now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:43:21 pm by Adeon »

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2010, 03:02:55 pm »

Weee, thanks! This is great to get all these fixes/additions in so fast.

Oh, this might just be it realizing it didn't initially have a conf file but when i first ran the server it threw : "Could not open configuration file dfterm2.conf, errno 2."

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2010, 03:07:16 pm »

Weee, thanks! This is great to get all these fixes/additions in so fast.

Oh, this might just be it realizing it didn't initially have a conf file but when i first ran the server it threw : "Could not open configuration file dfterm2.conf, errno 2."

I added that feature half an hour ago. It's not complete. I discovered yet another bug in installer that made it break and corrupt databases on Windows when APPDATA environment variable contains spaces (Windows XP, in Windows 7 it often does not have any). To solve this, I added a configuration file. Lua will now be a dependency, and I'll probably release 0.6 within an hour or so.

The message is harmless and dfterm2 will run just fine. Lack of configuration file just means it will use defaults.

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2010, 03:11:28 pm »

Ahh. I hope you don't mind i'm just going to kinda list bugs as i find them :D In lieu of automated UI tests I guess you can have me spamming this post...

-It doesn't cause a crash, but attempting to join slot 'None' can spam some interesting things to console
-Joining a game in linux doesn't resize the game window to any intelligible size. This might be a fault of linux's telnet client though.

I'm more used to cvs than git, how do i update everything? I've ashamedly up till now just been deleting the folder and cloning anew -_-

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2010, 03:30:54 pm »

Ahh. I hope you don't mind i'm just going to kinda list bugs as i find them :D In lieu of automated UI tests I guess you can have me spamming this post...

-It doesn't cause a crash, but attempting to join slot 'None' can spam some interesting things to console
-Joining a game in linux doesn't resize the game window to any intelligible size. This might be a fault of linux's telnet client though.

I'm more used to cvs than git, how do i update everything? I've ashamedly up till now just been deleting the folder and cloning anew -_-

To update dfterm2 in git:
Code: [Select]
git pull
git submodule update

To see latest changes:
Code: [Select]
git log

I also have a web interface http://genodeen.net/git/ here, relevant projects are dfterm2 and trankesbel2. Trankesbel is the networking and UI library, and dfterm2 is almost everything else.

The message from joining "None" slot is harmless.
The joining game window thing is a bug, fixed.

EDIT: 0.6 released. This time I hopefully didn't introduce any more new bugs. There's a rather severe bug in Windows version installer when you have international characters in your paths, but I need to fix that some time later.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:07:41 pm by Adeon »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46