Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250267 times)

Guvante

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm, Dwarf Fortress in a terminal (v0.1.3c - 13/4/2010)
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2010, 05:37:48 pm »

I'm using the linux version, and dfterm never attaches to an already-running dwarfort process.

DFTerm cannot attach to linux processes. It works by redirecting text input and output on Linux. This can only be done to a newly spawned process.

flowsnake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2010, 09:32:41 pm »

oh. thanks.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2010, 04:49:10 pm »

in terminal, i dont see ingame characters, just color squares. if some text is blinking, like legendary dwarf in "u" list, then I see text from time to time as it highlites. Most time I dont see anything other than colors. like in dffd map when you switch to background colors

if I move on map, I see game for a bit of second, then it turns to black

i see other characters around game canvas in putty, like my name, chat etc

any idea? I set putty as on image tutorial
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:55:10 pm by Petr Ga »
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Bacu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2010, 05:31:09 pm »

Heavy radicalawesome.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2010, 01:43:54 am »

in terminal, i dont see ingame characters, just color squares. if some text is blinking, like legendary dwarf in "u" list, then I see text from time to time as it highlites. Most time I dont see anything other than colors. like in dffd map when you switch to background colors

if I move on map, I see game for a bit of second, then it turns to black

i see other characters around game canvas in putty, like my name, chat etc

any idea? I set putty as on image tutorial

Is PARTIAL_PRINT off? Without the interface merges dfterm is a bit more dependent on graphics settings. It also does not play nicely with tilesets before merges.

I make dead people. Dfterm3

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2010, 12:35:33 pm »

A (partially broken) dfterm is at http://genodeen.net/files/dfterm/dfterm-experimental.zip. It supports 0.31.04 but is one frame behind, and may flicker (both symptoms highly annoying). I'll try getting it work properly a bit later; I have serious keyboard problems that make coding and writing painful.

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2010, 03:34:32 pm »

A (partially broken) dfterm is at http://genodeen.net/files/dfterm/dfterm-experimental.zip. It supports 0.31.04 but is one frame behind, and may flicker (both symptoms highly annoying). I'll try getting it work properly a bit later; I have serious keyboard problems that make coding and writing painful.

Can we git clone the source to compile on linux? git clone git://genodeen.net/files/experimental or something?

daoist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2010, 04:14:18 pm »

Can you consider opening this up? I'd love to help!

So far I've hacked together a web frontend for dfterm. It's kinda slow but I'd like to be able to get it all together into a single package people can deploy, and also work on speed.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2010, 02:07:06 am »

Can you consider opening this up? I'd love to help!

So far I've hacked together a web frontend for dfterm. It's kinda slow but I'd like to be able to get it all together into a single package people can deploy, and also work on speed.

It is opened up.

The git repository holds the source code and I push there regularly. Although it may be non-trivial to compile the source code because of card-house building system. I build both Linux and Windows versions on Linux, using mingw to cross-compile.
The repository is always at git://genodeen.net/dfterm or you can download a generated source package from http://genodeen.net/git/?p=dfterm/.git;a=summary

If you are not familiar with git, google it!

I do must say that I'm focusing on dfterm2 now (which is not open at the moment, but I'll open it up later today, but it does not have the features of dfterm yet). I've repeated this a hundred times but the old dfterm code is a total mess due to greatly favoring fast development over maintainability.

Anyway, if you have patches, packages, etc. you can e-mail them to me (find contact info from genodeen.net) or contact me from IRC, nickname Adeon, network Freenode and some others.

Can we git clone the source to compile on linux? git clone git://genodeen.net/files/experimental or something?

The git has been pushed to what is in that particular package.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:13:47 am by Adeon »

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2010, 12:51:03 pm »

God bless you for this. This toy is probably the best little third party application around.
I finally got my self a big Apple, and... well... I've proven all you sceptics wrong [evil laughter goes here] !
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It lives! I shall call it "iDwarf!"

Anyway, enough of all that Frankenstein melodrama. If you didn't get it yet, those are pictures of dwarf fortress running in my new third generation iPod touch using iSSH. Hope I'm too late for the party.

Also dfterm2? Sounds interesting, what will we get with this version?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:09:23 pm by ILikePie »

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2010, 02:30:22 pm »

Also dfterm2? Sounds interesting, what will we get with this version?

Dfterm2 won't have much new features for players compared to dfterm. Mostly it's better for admins, better user control, better bandwidth control, server linking etc. and hopefully the cleaner codebase makes it easier to write different backends than just telnet (think built-in SSH, AJAX). Dfterm2 is also configured from inside, unless someone whines loudly and demands traditional configuration files.

It has a different look and feel.

As of writing of this, dfterm2 is capable of grabbing a running DF instance and you can play through it. But no slots or any password control or other user authentication. Well, at least it supports IPv6 whereas old dfterm does not.

EDIT: Dfterm2 is on public git://genodeen.net/dfterm2. Unfortunately I have not written any build instructions, but for now I just say I've been using mingw on Windows with CMake. Dfterm2 also has a submodule, so do "git submodule init" and "git submodule update" on source tree when you clone. Web interface with Atom/RSS
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:03:35 pm by Adeon »

bongotastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Loving cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2010, 06:37:34 am »

Hi I didn't read all 13 pages of the thread, but searched with no results. My question is: What can you do with the LUA scripting feature? If this has already been answered, can someone point me to the right place?

Thanks,
Nothing screams "Christmas" quite like a new release of DF.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2010, 05:10:15 pm »

Hi I didn't read all 13 pages of the thread, but searched with no results. My question is: What can you do with the LUA scripting feature? If this has already been answered, can someone point me to the right place?

Thanks,

Mainly you can modify the interface. The chat system is written as a Lua script. Scripting is covered in the manual with all API functions documented. I guess you could do things like automatic responses to certain strings that appear in DF screen or macros.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2010, 06:27:03 am »

Thanks,

Mainly you can modify the interface. The chat system is written as a Lua script. Scripting is covered in the manual with all API functions documented. I guess you could do things like automatic responses to certain strings that appear in DF screen or macros.

Has it (lua scriupting in dfterm) similar strength as dfhack? I am trying to get something from pydfhack, so i could try lua, too
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2010, 07:31:15 am »

Thanks,

Has it (lua scriupting in dfterm) similar strength as dfhack? I am trying to get something from pydfhack, so i could try lua, too

The scripts won't let you do memory hacking on DF sessions. They can influence what users can see on the screen, what slots they can watch, launch and close DF sessions, load arbitrary lua modules, disconnect people and simulate input (and maybe something I forgot to mention) but they can't do memory hacking. When I want memory hacking, I'll probably use dfhack. But I've heard dfhack doesn't cope with multiple DF instances so well yet.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46