Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250191 times)

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm, Dwarf Fortress in a terminal (v0.1.3 - 24/3/2010)
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2010, 09:07:32 pm »

What's the status on DFterm for DF2010?
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm, Dwarf Fortress in a terminal (v0.1.3 - 24/3/2010)
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2010, 05:10:52 am »

What's the status on DFterm for DF2010?

Released 0.1.3a that supports v0.31.01 (aka DF2010). Only tested on Windows 7 64-bit and because I had to devise a new way to fix input problems, I'm not sure at all my solution is portable between different Windows versions. It might also not work well with graphics. Test it plz.

Don't turn partial print on, it seems to mess up dfterm screen.
I make dead people. Dfterm3

daoist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm, Dwarf Fortress in a terminal (v0.1.3a - 2/4/2010)
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2010, 08:44:30 am »

Holy crap that was quick! awesome, thank you!

FriedFish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2010, 10:14:52 am »

Tried it out on Vista 64 bit and XP 32 bit. When a client takes control, some keys aren't sent to df v0.31.01. I've noticed numpad +,- and < > so far.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2010, 10:18:45 am »

Tried it out on Vista 64 bit and XP 32 bit. When a client takes control, some keys aren't sent to df v0.31.01. I've noticed numpad +,- and < > so far.

There's dfterm_injection_glue.dll now you must copy to DF directory, if you are playing DF2010. Without it, capital keys don't work properly. DF without the interface merges also have some input problems in itself and I can't fix them from dfterm.

FriedFish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2010, 11:09:21 am »

There's dfterm_injection_glue.dll now you must copy to DF directory, if you are playing DF2010. Without it, capital keys don't work properly. DF without the interface merges also have some input problems in itself and I can't fix them from dfterm.

Thanks, I tried this and it got the <> keys to work. Still can't get DF2010 to respond to numpad + and -.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2010, 11:29:37 am »

Thanks, I tried this and it got the <> keys to work. Still can't get DF2010 to respond to numpad + and -.

Well, out of box they don't work even without dfterm for some layouts. Just go to keybindings menu and bind + and - to correct keys.

Luffles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2010, 02:03:35 pm »

This owns. You own.  Please continue to update this as we progress.

Luffles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2010, 02:03:55 pm »

Let me just reiterate. You. Own.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2010, 12:44:13 pm »

Edit: All problems fixed. Damn I'm stupid. Also, I have to report: This is sadly incompatible with the Dwarf Accelerator Utility by Baughn. It would be lovely if you could fix that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:38:02 pm by Urist McCyrilin »

spokehedz

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2010, 04:02:04 pm »

While the DF Accelerator is nice, it will soon be rendered obsolete. THANK ARMOK.
Quote from: LordBaxter
Once a stair fell, and rather than knock him one or two z levels down, as usually was the case, he went rolling down the central staircase, hit the bottom and exploded.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2010, 04:19:01 pm »

Edit: All problems fixed. Damn I'm stupid. Also, I have to report: This is sadly incompatible with the Dwarf Accelerator Utility by Baughn. It would be lovely if you could fix that.

I could fix it. However, I do not believe it's worth the sweat and pain to change the method of getting the screen data from DF in a compatible way with the accelerator. Let us wait patiently for the interface merges.

Zyrjello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm, Dwarf Fortress in a terminal
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2010, 08:32:05 pm »

i'm having some problems, i logged into my server, everything seems ok, i can chat, but... the commands to the game does not work, simply nothing happens when i input something to the game, but the chat works normal...

anyone has any idea what the problem could be?

When you resize the terminal and see your nick to the right, does it turn red when you press CTRL+A? Means you have input.

And in case this does happen but you still get no input...

Take your configuration file (see manual) and write "VERBOSITY: 1" there. It will make any keypresses from clients to be outputted to the server console. See if the keypresses go through (almost certainly will...but I guess it could be double-checked). I've heard about this bug(?) once before, but at the moment I have no idea what could be causing it or if it's really dfterm related. Also check if input works on the same machine where you run dfterm and in DF window itself. If nothing works, I could take your information on what software you have (Operating system/DF version and dfterm version at least) for future reference if this comes up again.

I am also having this problem, so here's my info.

Server side:
Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01
DFTerm 0.1.3a
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Client side:
Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
Running telnet in gnome-terminal
I also tried running it from the server machine via PuTTY with the same result.

I turned VERBOSITY up to 1 and verified that the server is indeed receiving the keypresses. Like lokis, I can use the chat interface, but when I hit Ctrl-A, my name goes red and I can't do anything.

I have tried both starting DF before launching DFTerm and launching from DFTerm. The game starts just fine and I can see the menu, but I can't interact with it.

spokehedz

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2010, 09:18:30 pm »

i'm having some problems, i logged into my server, everything seems ok, i can chat, but... the commands to the game does not work, simply nothing happens when i input something to the game, but the chat works normal...

anyone has any idea what the problem could be?

When you resize the terminal and see your nick to the right, does it turn red when you press CTRL+A? Means you have input.

And in case this does happen but you still get no input...

Take your configuration file (see manual) and write "VERBOSITY: 1" there. It will make any keypresses from clients to be outputted to the server console. See if the keypresses go through (almost certainly will...but I guess it could be double-checked). I've heard about this bug(?) once before, but at the moment I have no idea what could be causing it or if it's really dfterm related. Also check if input works on the same machine where you run dfterm and in DF window itself. If nothing works, I could take your information on what software you have (Operating system/DF version and dfterm version at least) for future reference if this comes up again.

I am also having this problem, so here's my info.

Server side:
Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01
DFTerm 0.1.3a
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Client side:
Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
Running telnet in gnome-terminal
I also tried running it from the server machine via PuTTY with the same result.

I turned VERBOSITY up to 1 and verified that the server is indeed receiving the keypresses. Like lokis, I can use the chat interface, but when I hit Ctrl-A, my name goes red and I can't do anything.

I have tried both starting DF before launching DFTerm and launching from DFTerm. The game starts just fine and I can see the menu, but I can't interact with it.
When you upgrade to the latest version of the DFTerm, you must include the new 'glue' DLL and read the instructions.
Quote from: LordBaxter
Once a stair fell, and rather than knock him one or two z levels down, as usually was the case, he went rolling down the central staircase, hit the bottom and exploded.

Zyrjello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2010, 09:51:23 pm »

spokehedz: This is a fresh installation. I've never used DFTerm in the past, so there's no upgrading. The glue dll is present in the Dwarf Fortress directory.

EDIT:
Odd thing. I tried again a few hours later. Didn't modify anything, but it works now.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:45:23 pm by Zyrjello »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46