Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250164 times)

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm, Dwarf Fortress in a terminal
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2010, 02:29:04 am »

For those of you that don't like playing with DF's default tileset or Courier New, this now contains several different fonts, including the default that comes with DFG22/Mayday. More are being added as well (just going down the wiki list). The links in the description are to screenshots of the font in use (some are cut off as I'm stuck at 1024x768).

Sweet. Thank you.

Adeon, is it possible to render the different creatures (g=goblin, g=gibbon) as different characters (not conflicting with the ones used in the current tilesets?) when sent over telnet so that a custom font could be made to include the graphics packs?

I have not researched yet how DF uses tilesets and how they affect symbols and attributes in memory (I've always played with the standard text graphics, graphics are for wussies!). However, I can make it configurable how dfterm maps symbols to unicode. You could map every DF symbol to something not normally used in unicode and then have the font use them for graphical stuff, while the "normal" symbols can be used in chat screen and other stuff without conflicts.

E.g. I observed that the chat messages that are in the form "<Nickname> blaa blaa blaa" conflict with stair symbols (< and >). DF stair symbols could be mapped to something totally different from dfterm so that they don't conflict with normal < and > symbols. That would require every client to use a custom font though.

I'll be researching tileset possibilities, as I still want to investigate how to get practical browser DF playing work (and have tilesets). For the moment I've been busy having multiple DF instances work properly.
I make dead people. Dfterm3

spokehedz

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2010, 06:20:54 pm »

My server blew up in the middle of the night apparently... So now we have some quite unhappy dorfs on the server. XD

It is back up and running now.
Quote from: LordBaxter
Once a stair fell, and rather than knock him one or two z levels down, as usually was the case, he went rolling down the central staircase, hit the bottom and exploded.

Ranzear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2010, 11:57:53 pm »

BUG REPORT:

I noticed you overlaid the chat on the view screen, which is a nice change besides blocking a line now and then. If you scroll back the chat log with PageUp, you now won't see any new chat messages until you scroll all the way back to the end, not even your own.

lokis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2010, 12:16:06 am »

i'm having some problems, i logged into my server, everything seems ok, i can chat, but... the commands to the game does not work, simply nothing happens when i input something to the game, but the chat works normal...

anyone has any idea what the problem could be?

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2010, 01:22:24 am »

i'm having some problems, i logged into my server, everything seems ok, i can chat, but... the commands to the game does not work, simply nothing happens when i input something to the game, but the chat works normal...

Press Ctrl-A to switch between chatting and playing.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2010, 08:32:10 am »

BUG REPORT:

I noticed you overlaid the chat on the view screen, which is a nice change besides blocking a line now and then. If you scroll back the chat log with PageUp, you now won't see any new chat messages until you scroll all the way back to the end, not even your own.

Not actually a bug (it was purposefully programmed that way). I've seen the same behaviour with some IRC clients and decided to mimic it. I guess I could make it so that it jumps back to down when you write something yourself or have some other way to see if there are new messages.

The chat window only goes over the game screen when the terminal is not big enough. If you resize your terminal, it goes to below the game screen.

When you resize the terminal and see your nick to the right, does it turn red when you press CTRL+A? Means you have input.

And in case this does happen but you still get no input...

Take your configuration file (see manual) and write "VERBOSITY: 1" there. It will make any keypresses from clients to be outputted to the server console. See if the keypresses go through (almost certainly will...but I guess it could be double-checked). I've heard about this bug(?) once before, but at the moment I have no idea what could be causing it or if it's really dfterm related. Also check if input works on the same machine where you run dfterm and in DF window itself. If nothing works, I could take your information on what software you have (Operating system/DF version and dfterm version at least) for future reference if this comes up again.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2010, 09:38:58 pm »

Feature requests:

1) Welcome message (set by hotkey in game?)

2) Fort name (read from game, or set by host) displayed at top of screen
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2010, 04:21:28 pm »

Feature requests:

1) Welcome message (set by hotkey in game?)

2) Fort name (read from game, or set by host) displayed at top of screen

Why #2? Displayed where at the top of the screen?
Also you can change the display message (when you first connect) in the Lua Script.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:09:52 pm by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2010, 08:15:13 am »

Got it.

To see DF running on my Nokia E66 was avesome feeling. Although unplayable due to  a little smaller term than needed (on dfterm.servegame.org:43722)

thanks, anyone. df in browser is also great addition.

I cant wait for WebGL to come
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2010, 04:13:01 am »

I've released 0.1.3. This one supports multiple DF instances. It also has a new way to detect DF version and memory locations and I've tested it working on Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. See the first post.

For people who previously had crashes and non-working versions should try this. I'd like to see if any of my changes helped. They did help me.

And for people who it does work...I apologize for the taste of some of the waiting screens currently in dfterm when DF is not running. They'll be more dwarf themed in a later version, promise!

fxfighter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2010, 04:34:02 am »

For those of you that don't like playing with DF's default tileset or Courier New, this now contains several different fonts, including the default that comes with DFG22/Mayday. More are being added as well (just going down the wiki list). The links in the description are to screenshots of the font in use (some are cut off as I'm stuck at 1024x768).

EDIT: Added a couple tiny fonts as well as a ASCII font with smoothed walls.

Thanks heaps, was hoping someone would manage to get this done!

GuyonBroadway

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2010, 12:14:45 pm »

I've released 0.1.3. This one supports multiple DF instances. It also has a new way to detect DF version and memory locations and I've tested it working on Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. See the first post.

For people who previously had crashes and non-working versions should try this. I'd like to see if any of my changes helped. They did help me.

And for people who it does work...I apologize for the taste of some of the waiting screens currently in dfterm when DF is not running. They'll be more dwarf themed in a later version, promise!

I used to have several issues. Now it works just fine.

but why WHY DID YOU PUT MR.COOLFACE IN THE IDLE SCREEN!

Habblatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm, Dwarf Fortress in a terminal (v0.1.3 - 24/3/2010)
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2010, 12:48:30 pm »

Really nice work on this tool. Seems to work flawlessly for me under Windows 7 32-bit.
I came across that mr.coolface too, it was pretty disturbing.  :P

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »

I used to have several issues. Now it works just fine.

but why WHY DID YOU PUT MR.COOLFACE IN THE IDLE SCREEN!

Sorry :-(((( It was late in night and my head wasn't clear! And I did apologize!

Helix Marine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm, Dwarf Fortress in a terminal (v0.1.3 - 24/3/2010)
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2010, 04:55:04 pm »

Alright I tested the new version and its working for vista 64 bit although it take a minute to find the dwarf fortress window.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46