Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250184 times)

tyrspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. is it possible to play this with tilesets?
2. If you make an action, will it be the same for everyone's screen?
Chris Krause
Soundsense Mod Community Organizer
http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile

As part of a community i'm helping to host, i made a DFTerm2 Server status page: http://cityofminds.info:800/dfmp/registry.php
If anyone has a server they would like to add, please PM me the info and i'll get it added for you.  When it's done, people can add servers themselves.  I'm also going to add a list of who is online and several other things.  The url will likely change in a few months as it needs to be hosted someplace more stable than my house.

tyrspawn, Yes, you can play with tilesets if you set them up on your client. Here is an example Mayday tileset:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Our steam community has links to windows and linux packages with some tilesets included.  Take a look: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dwarf_Fortress
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

b0b

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

i have a question.... In dfterm i got a server working and a game running bt my friend saw everything i did and i saw everything he did is that what this is supposed to do?

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have a question.... In dfterm i got a server working and a game running bt my friend saw everything i did and i saw everything he did is that what this is supposed to do?
Yes, you both play the same game.
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Gigabot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm having an issue running dfterm2_configure. It fails in every way I try to run it. I do know that if need to be run with command prompt but it either doesn't stay open for longer than 2 seconds or it fails to recognize it all together.

[Windows 7 Pro 64-bit]

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if you run it within the command prompt, you should be able to capture the error.
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

b0b

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

that didnt answer my question i wanted to know if i see what he does and he see what i do as in he move to the right i move to the right also. Is that what the multiplayer should be like?

PringleMan05

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey all,

I am having an issue with client-side custom sprite packs. The server is happy to run a custom texture set, but whenever I have the client connect to the server it defaults to the plain ascii. I have a couple of players who like to use the mayday pack and I cannot figure out what is going wrong.

I have set the launch path to the C:\DwarfFortress (where I had them place their DF folder) and it is launching fine, but it just refuses to have custom texture packs

edit: Also since I am here, can anyone throw ideas at me as to why the "grab running game" feature is not working properly? I tried that as a solution but the slot just closes every time no matter what I try.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:46:20 pm by PringleMan05 »

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

I think the "grab running game" feature only works on Linux (or Windows? I forget, but I don't think it worked everywhere.)

As for the client-side tilesets, that'll have to be set up client-side. Not sure if full spritesets work or if it's limited to simple tilesets.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am having an issue with client-side custom sprite packs. The server is happy to run a custom texture set, but whenever I have the client connect to the server it defaults to the plain ascii. I have a couple of players who like to use the mayday pack and I cannot figure out what is going wrong.

This is the cool part.  They don't even need Dwarf Fortress at all to play :)
Use these tileset/fonts: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1922
Just install the font and select it within putty (or whatever client you are using).  If you need more help configuring it, give a shout.
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

PringleMan05

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Downloaded that pack and as a test installed the Mayday fonts, but Putty wont find it as a valid font. I made sure to tick the allow use of variable pitch fonts but still not showing up. Double checked that it did in fact install and WordPad at least saw it was there so I am definitely going to have to take you up on that config help!

PringleMan05

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Scratch that, figured it out. Awesome!

frostyfrog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Quote from: dfWiki
ICU development libraries
Boost development libraries (at least version 1.42)
OpenSSL development libraries
CMake
PCRE development libraries
g++ and usual development tools
lua
git
hmmm... only packages that I could easily spot were: git, lua, openssl, and cmake. I have no idea what the package names for the other ones are. Anyways...
Spoiler: Errors (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: System Specs (click to show/hide)
Could I please get some help with this? I don't usually compile from source (unless it's from the AUR, but those don't usually throw errors at me).

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Quote from: dfWiki
ICU development libraries
Boost development libraries (at least version 1.42)
OpenSSL development libraries
CMake
PCRE development libraries
g++ and usual development tools
lua
git
hmmm... only packages that I could easily spot were: git, lua, openssl, and cmake. I have no idea what the package names for the other ones are. Anyways...
Spoiler: Errors (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: System Specs (click to show/hide)
Could I please get some help with this? I don't usually compile from source (unless it's from the AUR, but those don't usually throw errors at me).

Looks like all you're missing is boost. It's odd: the only Arch library package I've come across that's split. Try 'pacman -S boost'. According to my 'pacman -Qs boost', that's the dev package.

Nice ASCII art btw ;)
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

frostyfrog

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks for the help, it's compiling now. :) Anyways, the ascii-art is from a package in the aur called archey2.

Anyways... new problem :(

After trying to run it in terminal (so that my WM keybindings wouldn't get in the way), I get the following results. I don't know why it didn't correctly translate the lines when writing the terminal to a file, it just did.
Code: [Select]
ษChat (Alt+2)ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออป
บ 17:13:33  frostyfrog has connected to the server.                                                                            บ
บ                                                                                                                              บ
บ Chat>                                                                                                                        บ
บ                                                                                                                              บ
ศออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออผ
บ                              Object Testing Arena                              บษMain menu (Alt+3)อออออออออออออออป
บ                                    About DF                                    บบ Launch a new game              บ
บ                                      Quit                                      บบ Join a running game            บ
บ                                                                                บบ Configure slots                บ
บ                                                                                บบ Set MotD                       บ
บ                                                                                บบ Manage users                   บ
บ                 Press Enter to select an option.  8293 scroll.                 บบ Manage connection restrictions บ
บ           Press ESC at any time for options, including key bindings.           บบ Force close running slot       บ
บ                      Press ? at any time for the manual.                       บบ Change your password           บ
บ                                                                                บบ Disconnect                     บ
บ                                                                                บบ Shutdown server                บ
บ        Programmed by Tarn Adams                   Visit Bay 12 Games           บศออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออผ
บ    Designed by Tarn and Zach Adams                www.bay12games.com           บ
บ                                                                        v0.31.25บ
ศออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออผ
ษLocal playerป
บ frostyfrog บ
ศออออออออออออผ
echo $TERM: linux
tput columns: 128
tput lines: 37

Thanks again for the help :)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46