Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250290 times)

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2, text Dwarf Fortress on remote servers (17/6/2010)
« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2010, 05:51:47 am »

Sadly doesn't seem to work for me. "Error: SLOT/DFGlue: CreateProcess() failed with GetLastError() == 5"

If it helps, running Vista 64. Tried against 31.06, 31.03, and 40d12.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2010, 06:56:06 am »

Sadly doesn't seem to work for me. "Error: SLOT/DFGlue: CreateProcess() failed with GetLastError() == 5"

If it helps, running Vista 64. Tried against 31.06, 31.03, and 40d12.

Checked from MSDN documentation:
ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED
5 (0x5)

For some reason Windows denies dfterm2 to launch the process. Unfortunately I don't know any better.
I make dead people. Dfterm3

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2010, 07:25:04 am »

Download appears to have been updated to support 31.08. Just in time for the weekdays :).

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2010, 06:20:23 pm »

There's now a "semi-official" server provided by Remmon at IP address 195.240.20.117, port 8000.

Would friends be able to connect to that and play with me?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2010, 02:18:49 am »

There's now a "semi-official" server provided by Remmon at IP address 195.240.20.117, port 8000.

Would friends be able to connect to that and play with me?

Yes.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2010, 12:11:04 pm »

And theres no need for me to host? So despite having closed ports. I could open up a game for them to play with me on?
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2010, 12:20:35 pm »

And theres no need for me to host? So despite having closed ports. I could open up a game for them to play with me on?

Yes.

That server has been set to have at most 2 Dwarf Fortress games at a time.

Note that this is a test server, so we might perform some tests or update the server software at any time. You'll know beforehand if you are playing though.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2010, 12:47:18 pm »

Woooooo! And this works with .07 or .08?
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2010, 01:05:03 pm »

Woooooo! And this works with .07 or .08?

The server has .06 at the moment but it'll be upgraded to .08 at some point.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2010, 08:40:45 pm »

Oh ok, I'm good with that.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Poojawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2010, 12:38:27 pm »

So, I've been attempting to get this all set up, however, it seems that I'm missing MSVCP100.dll

Trying to fiddle with this with .08, have putty installed, etc. but can't do anything without this file.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2010, 12:59:44 pm »

So, I've been attempting to get this all set up, however, it seems that I'm missing MSVCP100.dll

Trying to fiddle with this with .08, have putty installed, etc. but can't do anything without this file.

I recently changed from MinGW to MSVC++ to compile dfterm2 binaries for Windows. I forgot to include redistributable DLLs for the package. I'll include them in next experimental version.

Meanwhile, download this and it should start working:
MSVC++ redistributables

cribolouf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 27, 2010, 03:53:34 pm »

Hello, just wanted to say, this is an amazing concept, I first heard of it 2 nights ago. I installed it, everything worked fine except for one thing. (I became aware of the need for the VC++ libraries early on and installed them.) Anyways, after installing and configuring everything, I got the game to link to the terminal so that it could be controlled remotely, however everything showed up as black. In otherwords...if I kept my game window open I could actually see my commands having an effect, but on the terminal side, there was no visual. I've heard a number of possible reasons for this, mostly memory issues. If it helps any, I'm running windows vista 64 bit version. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 27, 2010, 04:34:44 pm »

Hello, just wanted to say, this is an amazing concept, I first heard of it 2 nights ago. I installed it, everything worked fine except for one thing. (I became aware of the need for the VC++ libraries early on and installed them.) Anyways, after installing and configuring everything, I got the game to link to the terminal so that it could be controlled remotely, however everything showed up as black. In otherwords...if I kept my game window open I could actually see my commands having an effect, but on the terminal side, there was no visual. I've heard a number of possible reasons for this, mostly memory issues. If it helps any, I'm running windows vista 64 bit version. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Download the newest experimental. I update it often and unannounced.

Check that you use a supported DF version. If checksum doesn't match to something dfterm2 knows about, you will always get black screen

Try different print modes. Remember to copy the dfterm_injection_glue.dll to the Dwarf Fortress directory and also keep that up to date. You will not see anything without it. I guess you did that, because without it you should not be able to give input either.

You can also try resizing DF window. This doesn't get you visual but if the size also changes inside dfterm2, it means at least some memory hacking is working (and dfterm2 recognizes DF version).

I've observed occasionally the terminal is black, it seems to depend on random factors. But it happens rarely.

cribolouf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2010, 06:28:19 pm »

Download the newest experimental. I update it often and unannounced.

Check that you use a supported DF version. If checksum doesn't match to something dfterm2 knows about, you will always get black screen

Try different print modes. Remember to copy the dfterm_injection_glue.dll to the Dwarf Fortress directory and also keep that up to date. You will not see anything without it. I guess you did that, because without it you should not be able to give input either.

You can also try resizing DF window. This doesn't get you visual but if the size also changes inside dfterm2, it means at least some memory hacking is working (and dfterm2 recognizes DF version).

I've observed occasionally the terminal is black, it seems to depend on random factors. But it happens rarely.

I already have the newest release, been keeping up on the file repository at http://genodeen.net/files/dfterm2/ the checksum checks out, and yes, the glue file was installed as you guessed. I did try resizing the window, it didn't change in dfterm, however, changing the windowsize also didn't change the resolution of the window, just the size of it. I've been experimenting with print_modes, but none of them seem to have any effect.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46