Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Armory  (Read 516 times)

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Armory
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:47:00 am »

wouldn't it be cool to be able to make custom engravings.
i thought of this while making stockpiles for my armory. very much in the spirit of the old amiga game dungeon master, i would like a masterfully engraved picture of an admamantine battle axe and a text that says "armory" next to the door which leads into my armory.
and if we ever get that things in an abandoned fortress stays in place instead of being scattered all over the place, this would be an awesome place to visit!

and then (have in mind that this next suggestion is more "power goal" material), if you have had a fortress which would be really awesome to visit in adventure mode it would be really cool to be able to determine why the fortress was abandoned when you abandon it... maybe it was overrun by a huge tribe of tigermen, maybe an ettin and his minions settled in, maybe all the dwarves were victim to the skeletal disease?
whatever it is, it opens up a whole new space for adventurer mode, as you can send worlds to eachother containing your abandoned masterpiece fort which is awesomely huge and smack full of vile monsters, ripe for adventuring!
maybe the ideas are a wee bit grand for now, but the custom engravings would be really cool for now ^^

een failing lately?