Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three Questions...  (Read 616 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Three Questions...
« on: March 06, 2010, 03:57:33 pm »

Hi, I have a couple of questions...

1) When I die the 'Press Esc to Exit' thing appears but when I press it nothing happens, and I have to use Task Manager to close DF...

2) Do Adamantite items ever get created during worldgen?

3) Can I move the W: and A: things from the bottom right across so I can see what they say as atm it is cut off.

Thanks,
Huggz
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:08:48 pm by Huggz »
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Three Questions...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:14:26 pm »

1. i dunno whats going on

2. no, the only way to acquire admantine items is to make them in fortresses then go explore them in adventure mode

3. i don't think so
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 10:01:25 pm »

1. That's a bug with the newer versions.  I forget which one it started with.  Try 40D12, though, as that's often considered the most stable version.

2. No, never.  The only adamantine you'll ever see will be ones you made in fort mode.

3.  Dunno?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:03:10 pm by Arrkhal »
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 06:10:47 am »

#3: Try reducing the number of tiles on the screen in the init.txt. If you're using a full screen-ish screen, and your current tile numbers are 80 x 50 (like mine) than reducing it to 80 x 45 shpuld work. Depends on your screen resolution and the size of your window.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.