Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230316 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Awakening the Dead [Turn 77]
« Reply #1680 on: December 22, 2010, 05:28:00 pm »

Nirur can take it or if he don't want it I can take it.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 22, 2010, 06:00:20 pm »

My body may be shackled, but my soul is still free!

Feast upon the paralysis effect, healing myself with its energy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 22, 2010, 07:03:15 pm »

Thanks, but I'd rather not be the primary healer this game. You take it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 22, 2010, 07:39:55 pm »

But you did so well last game. :P

Also, I didn't realize before that Tarran lost all his Vitamancy, that's unfortunate. I'd also have use for the book, but I'm not intending to be a real healer either, and I'm also lusting after Acanthus' tome.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 22, 2010, 07:42:37 pm »

Also, I didn't realize before that Tarran lost all his Vitamancy, that's unfortunate.
Yeah, that's too bad. But I didn't use it much anyway, too busy hacking people up into thin slices.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 23, 2010, 03:03:26 am »

Erm... how exactly do you plan on doing that?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 23, 2010, 03:46:22 am »

Erm... how exactly do you plan on doing that?
Meditation and necromancy, and possibly metamagic.

Since the paralysis is affecting my body, and my soul is in my body, there shouldn't be anything preventing my soul from reaching it. Aside from the obvious, that is, but that's where knowledge of necromancy comes in. If I focus properly, utilizing knowledge/magic related to my soul (and magical flow in general, if necessary), I hope to be able to suck the paralysis magic inwards and more or less eat it, converting it to a more useful energy that my body could then make use of.

Well, what do you think? :D

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1687 on: December 23, 2010, 12:38:05 pm »

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Quote from: KineseN
I'll take it then. Hopefully I will find something useful in it.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 23, 2010, 12:48:26 pm »

O hey it updated, I completely didn't notice that.

hmm...

Stand right outside the darkness spell and hit THe morning star demon over the head with the flat of my axe if it comes out.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 23, 2010, 12:58:41 pm »

I am liking this new "take them alive, we have use for them" approach. :D

Just be careful, that one's not to be trifled with.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 23, 2010, 02:36:32 pm »

Just be careful, that one's not to be trifled with.
No kidding, he one-hit killed me with a hit on my head.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 23, 2010, 08:54:34 pm »

You had been roughed up by the demon soldiers prior to that, so it wasn't exactly a one-shot. It was still an alarming amount of damage, though.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 23, 2010, 08:58:10 pm »

Obvious stasis is obvious.
Wait for morningstar to leave the darkness --> Stasis.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 23, 2010, 09:04:30 pm »

You had been roughed up by the demon soldiers prior to that, so it wasn't exactly a one-shot. It was still an alarming amount of damage, though.
True, but he still killed me in the first shot he threw at me so that part is still correct.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Flash-Frozen [Turn 78]
« Reply #1694 on: January 04, 2011, 04:03:18 pm »

*Casts Animate Remains*

Randomly shift color of the Crystal Staff.
Stone Spirit attempts to create/summon a sturdy vine to Davar for us to pick him down.
If the Arae Flower with its magical properties can boost Stone Spirits chances it will use it too. (If possible Stone Spirit does this as soon as possible.)
You try to shift the staff to no particular color, (4) sending it through a rainbow flurry. (Luck 4)(?) It turns yellow. You suddenly feel invigorated.

Your spirit tries to get Irony down, but it doesn't know how to create a vine. (5) Instead, it just flies up to the top with him and tries dragging him down.

I'll close the portal.
My skeleton trio waits between the darkness and the portal, engaging anything that leaves or Mr.Morningstar if he tries to leave.

(5+1) You focus on closing the portal to Hell, and pour all of your energy into the gate. (Luck 3) The portal shudders, then dissipates. Hey, you're getting fairly good at this.

+2 to Summoning
New Spell: Close Portal

Find IronyOwl and stand under him ready to catch him should he fall.

You locate IronyOwl on the ceiling (4) and stand directly under him. (Luck 6) You are completely prepared in the event that he falls.

HAHAHAH HE LIVES HE LIIIIVVVVEEEESSSSS!!!!!
I so want to merge you with the magical conversion device and Di'ako now.  But that's for later.
Hit the demon hunter with holy word.

(1+1) You run around the room babbling incoherently. (Luck 1) This does not seem to accomplish anything at all, other than making yourself look like a fool.

You attempt to eat the force preventing you from moving. (1+2) You end up absorbing the hostile magic inside your soul. (Luck 5) Luckily, this doesn't seem to have any adverse effects, though it doesn't benefit you either.

+2 to Necromancy

The darkness spell fades away.

O hey it updated, I completely didn't notice that.

hmm...

Stand right outside the darkness spell and hit THe morning star demon over the head with the flat of my axe if it comes out.
As soon as the darkness fades, you run up to the demon and attack it. (2) You have trouble swinging the axe in that way, (RTD 1) but the demon is even worse at dodging, and you smack it upside the head. That doesn't seem to have accomplished much, however...

Obvious stasis is obvious.
Wait for morningstar to leave the darkness --> Stasis.

(4+2) You encase the demon in a giant block of ice, (Luck 4) Which should keep it secure for the time being.

+2 to Elementalism

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 120