Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230497 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh look. Visitors. [Turn 73]
« Reply #1560 on: November 23, 2010, 03:44:19 pm »

Holy shield on Derm, and prepare myself to counter attack with di'ako any demons that get close.
Nom nom nom

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh look. Visitors. [Turn 73]
« Reply #1561 on: November 23, 2010, 04:18:29 pm »

Frozen burst AOE win.
Note to self: create shaped frozen burst charges in spare time.

Ice form and wand of random effects. I can see Crawl working in your head, RNG. Too bad I don't have unarmed skill to back up transmutations. Annndd I'm spamming AOE.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Bloodshed [Turn 74]
« Reply #1562 on: November 30, 2010, 12:20:01 pm »

Attempt to create a one-way bubble around me that blurs my shape, making me harder to see or hit without impairing my own vision.
You focus on making a protective shield, (2+2) surrounding yourself with shadows. (Luck 6) The shadows twist and turn, distorting your position on the battlefield.

+2 to Metamagic
New Spell: Blur

Banish a hunter
All three skeletons gang up on the skeletal enemy.

You try to banish a hunter (2+1) by unsummoning him to hell. (Luck 4) The spell is barely powerful enough to effect the demon, Resist(1+1) but he still gets banished.

+2 to Demonology

Your skeletons rush the skeletal demon, (6)(3)(4) and gang up on him. (RTD 4)(RTD 6)(RTD 5) He dodges two, but takes damage from the first one.

De-equip the hammer and equip the crystal staff, Earthen Jaw the morningstar demon. Try to figure out how to change the color to blue (reflective).
Stone Spirit will heal whoever needs it.

You equip your staff and charge up a burst of earthen magic. (6+1) The obsidian platform buckles and explodes upwards, (RTD 4-1) catching the demon in it's trap. (Resist 6) The demon prevents itself from being immobilized, however.

+3 to Elementalism

After working with the staff a little, you feel that you should be able to change it's color just by focusing on it. That may take a while, though.

Start slicing up the skeletal demon.

You charge at the skeletal demon, (2+2) striking out at him. (RTD 4) You slash through the demon's robes, but the demon seems to be resistant to your attacks.

+2 to Swords

Attack the hunters.

You charge at one of the other hunters, (1+2) swinging your axe wildly. (RTD 2+3) The demon swiftly leaps out of the way.

Holy shield on Derm, and prepare myself to counter attack with di'ako any demons that get close.

You say a quick prayer to shield Dunib, (2+1) invoking Madantum to ward him form harm. (Luck 4) The shield springs to life, protecting Dunib. (1) You then try to ready yourself to counterattack, but end up dropping Di'Ako.

+3 to Invocations.

Frozen burst AOE win.
Note to self: create shaped frozen burst charges in spare time.

You create a ball of frozen energy (4+2) placing it right in the middle of the demons. (RTD 4)(RTD 2)(RTD 1)(RTD 5)(RTD 3)(RTD 6)(RTD 5)(RTD 2+3)(RTD 3+3)(RTD 4)(RTD 6)(RTD 5) Most of the grunt soldiers are blasted by the ice, though the hunters leap out of the way. The skeletal demon gets blasted, but the one with the morning star takes cover behind a block of obsidian. Tarran also gets hit by the blast because he was so close, but only sustains minor injuries.

+3 to Elementalism

Four of the demon soldiers converge to guard the skeletal demon, while the other two attack Tarran (6)(5) with ruthless efficiency. (RTD 1+1)(RTD 3+1) caught off-guard, he is severely wounded by both attacks.

One of the hunters lashes out at Dunib. (1) He does a wonderful job of tripping over himself, (RTD 5-1) and Dunib counterstrikes with his axe. The other two hunters move around the edge of the battle, flanking the group.

The skeletal demon raises his arms, (4) summoning a quasit to his side. (Luck 4) The quasit springs into action.

The demon with the morningstar charges Davar. (6+2) He bowls into the group, and strikes out at his target, (RTD 6+1) which hits him despite the blur spell distorting the surrounding area.

The quasit attacks Aarchan, (5) leaping at him through the chaos of the battle. (RTD 1) He is caught completely off-guard, and his claws rend his flesh. (Resist 6) His natural healing ability suppresses the quasit's poison.

Kin's Earth Sprit sees Tarran in trouble, (6) and heals him.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:01:11 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 30, 2010, 12:25:59 pm »

I focus on countering the skeletal demon's spells.
Two of my skeletons each try to engage a single enemy in 1vs1 duels.
The third guards Davar.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:28:15 pm by Nirur Torir »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 30, 2010, 12:30:01 pm »

Hellfire the Skeletal demon.

I don't actually know what a quasit is.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1565 on: November 30, 2010, 12:31:34 pm »

Raise Crystal Staff over my head and shout: Blue Crystal Power: Activate! (or in other words, change the color to blue.)
Stone Spirit heals Tarran or Aarchan.

Noted that my hammer is still equipped and not my crystal staff.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 30, 2010, 12:32:01 pm »

I believe it is like an imp.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 30, 2010, 12:46:29 pm »

Shackle him to the ground. Take a few steps back if successful.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:53:32 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 30, 2010, 04:25:52 pm »

Help Ironyowl(Davar), attack the morningstar demon.

I believe it is like an imp.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasit
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 30, 2010, 04:42:51 pm »

Grab the quasit by the neck, quickly pull out my blessed iron dagger, and stab it into the quasit, leaving it embedded if I hit it.  Then quickly try and grab Di'ako and guard myself.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 30, 2010, 05:39:07 pm »

Shackle him to the ground.

With what?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 30, 2010, 05:46:31 pm »

I was thinking metamagic chains of force, but necromancy might have something as well.

Of course, if that won't work I can pick something else. That might even be a better idea, actually.

Also, my profile's a bit messed up, both with the Blur acronym and Reflect missing some parentheses, I think. My meager stonecrafting experience has also disappeared, but that's been gone since a few turns ago.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 30, 2010, 05:54:37 pm »

Well if Tarran and a skeleton are going to guard me, I'll just Darkness a nonwounded Hunter instead.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 30, 2010, 06:04:08 pm »

I was thinking metamagic chains of force

Well while you have metamagic skill, you don't actually know any force spells. You could try to do it, but would would be at a disadvantage in the same way Kin would if he suddenly decided he wanted to start casting lightning spells.

Well if Tarran and a skeleton are going to guard me, I'll just Darkness a nonwounded Hunter instead.

That works as well, though.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 30, 2010, 07:07:57 pm »

If I cast chill, does the effect apply before or after everyone attacks?

Chill if it applies before our attacks.
More frozen burst if chill isn't retroactive to people who posted before me.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:30:00 pm by Virroken »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 120