Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230561 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: And nobody was blown up. [Turn 72]
« Reply #1545 on: November 19, 2010, 08:02:33 pm »

ahhhh that is INTERESTING!  Hum, fire, a little alude to my blowing up?
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 19, 2010, 10:01:15 pm »

Continue refining the breastplate.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 19, 2010, 10:02:53 pm »

I attempt to create a regeneration spell that does not immobilize the target.

Arcanum Octet II: And nobody was blown up. [Turn 72]
We'll try to do better against the next boss.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 19, 2010, 10:21:08 pm »

Um, RNG:
Anyway, RNG, you said I got a new spell of Cure Light Wounds. While in my status it says Cure Moderate Wounds.

Also RNG, there's a broken acronym tag in Nirur's status.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 20, 2010, 02:37:45 am »

Read book. Get phat support spells.
Boring.

Create powdered snow. Draw runes with powdered snow, which is 100% just like chalk.
Same thing as regular runes.

Read book. Side action: zap silver wand at floor.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:41:47 am by Virroken »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 20, 2010, 10:57:15 am »

you better hope it's not a portal to the other world, which you are about to open right beneath your feet.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 20, 2010, 10:57:53 am »

Um, RNG:
Anyway, RNG, you said I got a new spell of Cure Light Wounds. While in my status it says Cure Moderate Wounds.

Got it. Thanks.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 21, 2010, 11:18:31 am »

Its funny. As soon as Moloch stops wearing the all powerful super armor it becomes really easy to destroy it.

I bet everyone five bucks that If I had gotten hellfire earlier and had used it, It wouldn't have done much.

Hmm... Try to use a piece of the heap o demon metal to sharpen my axe, I guess.

Huh, I just realized I said "Cure Moderate Wounds" instead of "Cure Minor Wounds". Still, that was a good screw-up since I've now got an actual Cure Moderate Wounds spell and nothing bad happened in return.

Now, as to what I'll do this turn...

Read my Healer's Handbook for a area of effect healing spell of some sort.

hummm....
Combine then aiegus and shield stone, to create a type of shield, and magic Resistance infusion to be applied to a persons skin, which it then absorbs into and transfers the abilities of the stones permanently into the persons skin.  Turning their flesh into the equivalent of armor with a holy shield cast upon it.  Use the calcinator in the process.
Also I noticed Di'ako's stats changed, will they do that occasionally or what?

Arcanum Octet II: And nobody was blown up. [Turn 72]
We'll try to do better against the next boss.

Boring.

Create powdered snow. Draw runes with powdered snow, which is 100% just like chalk.

Need Kin and Acanthus.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1553 on: November 22, 2010, 10:17:04 am »

Craft a staff made with the material of the pillar. Make sure that the color shifting property follows.
Stone Spirit heals me.

If this works I'm going to turn into a full time mage.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh look. Visitors. [Turn 73]
« Reply #1554 on: November 23, 2010, 11:31:45 am »

Its funny. As soon as Moloch stops wearing the all powerful super armor it becomes really easy to destroy it.

I bet everyone five bucks that If I had gotten hellfire earlier and had used it, It wouldn't have done much.

Hmm... Try to use a piece of the heap o demon metal to sharpen my axe, I guess.
It was easier to melt the slag because Moloch was no longer wearing it. He had magic resistance, ya know. Anyway:

You try to sharpen your axe on the slag. (3) You run your axe through it several times, (Luck 4) which helps remove some of the corrodes bronze and resharpens your blade.

Read my Healer's Handbook for a area of effect healing spell of some sort.
You get out your healer's handbook and start paging through it. (4) You find several entries on area-based spells, (Luck 3) and manage to commit one to memory. The handbook looks a little more worn.

+2 to Healing
New Spell: Curative Aura

hummm....
Combine then aiegus and shield stone, to create a type of shield, and magic Resistance infusion to be applied to a persons skin, which it then absorbs into and transfers the abilities of the stones permanently into the persons skin.  Turning their flesh into the equivalent of armor with a holy shield cast upon it.  Use the calcinator in the process.
Also I noticed Di'ako's stats changed, will they do that occasionally or what?
Unsure on how to combine the two stones, (2+3) you expertly grind them up into a fine powder and mix that together. (Luck 2) You combine this into a simple potion, but you doubt it will be as permanent as you had hoped.

+2 to Alchemy

You continue working on the breastplate, (4) pounding away at the hard metal as it cools. (Luck 6) You beat it into a more recognizable shape, though due to the way you worked the metal you won't be able to improve it anymore without melting the armor back down and reforging it completely.

+3 to Smithing

You work on advancing your knowledge of body magic, (6) creating a spell similar to Safeguard. (Luck 5) It doesn't give any defensive bonuses, but allows the target to move around while they are being healed.

+4 to Vitamancy
New Spell: Regeneration

Boring.

You begin paging through your book. (6) The tome is full of specialized ice magic. (Luck 1) You end up losing control of the magic, turning yourself into an ice sculpture. A mobile ice sculpture. Actually, your current form seems to closely resemble an ice elemental. That could be very useful, as long as you don't melt.

+4 to Elementalism
New Spell: Ice Aspect

You zap the wand at the floor. (?) There is a loud bang and a stream of confetti bursts out.

Craft a staff made with the material of the pillar. Make sure that the color shifting property follows.
Stone Spirit heals me.

If this works I'm going to turn into a full time mage.

You try to carve a magical staff out of one of the pillars. (5) You carefully shape the crystal without damaging it, (Luck 5) Which you then turn into a magical staff. The base is crafted from obsidian, which spirals up to embrace a clean cut crystal, which still has it's purple-red glow.

+4 to Stonecrafting

Your stone spirit goes to heal you, (2+1) recovering the rest of your wounds.

Quote from: Aut0-Acanthus
Enchant Ally's Weapons
You take Dunib's newly-sharpened axe and work to imbue it with force enemy. (4) You pour force energy into the weapon, (Luck 6) making it's strikes much more powerful.

+3 to Metamagic

-----
Suddenly there is a bright red flare in the middle of the room, and a group of demons materialize on the obsidian platform. They seem somewhat disoriented from the summoning spell, which gives the group time to prepare for the attack. They see six demon soldiers, four hunters, and two demons that have never seen before. One is thin and skeletal, wearing a set of tattered robes, while the other is significantly larger and carries a huge morningstar.
-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:02:34 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 23, 2010, 01:05:54 pm »

Attempt to create a one-way bubble around me that blurs my shape, making me harder to see or hit without impairing my own vision.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 23, 2010, 01:10:26 pm »

Banish a hunter
All three skeletons gang up on the skeletal enemy.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1557 on: November 23, 2010, 02:17:52 pm »

De-equip the hammer and equip the crystal staff, Earthen Jaw the morningstar demon. Try to figure out how to change the color to blue (reflective).
Stone Spirit will heal whoever needs it.

I am assuming that I need to figure out how to use the staff and its effects on my own, right?

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 23, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

Start slicing up the skeletal demon.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 23, 2010, 03:29:15 pm »

Attack the hunters.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 120