Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230709 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The Turn Where Nothing Really Happens [Turn 68]
« Reply #1455 on: November 04, 2010, 06:03:45 pm »

Cast holy word on moloch
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:41:23 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 04, 2010, 06:40:06 pm »

Repaired Unruined Ruined Broken Improved Magic Conversion Device This makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

If the conversion device actually is working.
Suck the energy out of any of the crystals still working for moloch and contain it within a stable form using the conversion device.
If it isn't fixed yet

Cast holy word on moloch

It's fixed. I just kept adding words onto the name whenever something about it changed.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 04, 2010, 07:40:55 pm »

soo can you remove the Repaired Unruined Ruined Broken parts since they effectively cancle?
Nom nom nom

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 04, 2010, 08:21:45 pm »

USELESS SUPPORT CLASS IS USELESS.

Frozen burst somewhere around Moloch. Generate the burst someplace where Moloch's bulk will shield teammates from splash damage.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 04, 2010, 08:26:31 pm »

It's okay, Dunib feels your pain.

I might too except demonic artifacts = LIMITLESS POWER.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 04, 2010, 08:30:17 pm »

I would be doing more but I CAN'T HIT HIM.

Err...

Technically I can hit him, but he just doesn't care one way or another.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 04, 2010, 08:30:29 pm »

I might too except demonic artifacts = ENDLESS FUN THAT WILL LIKELY END IN MY DEATH OR CONVERSION INTO A HORRIBLE DEMON.
Fixed.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 04, 2010, 08:33:02 pm »

You have ice magic and runes. I believe that you could, in theory, make runes of weakening out of ice.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 04, 2010, 08:53:21 pm »

soo can you remove the Repaired Unruined Ruined Broken parts since they effectively cancle?
I suppose, but where is the fun in that?

Frozen burst somewhere around Moloch. Generate the burst someplace where Moloch's bulk will shield teammates from splash damage.
Yeah, the dice just really don't like you...  :-\

You have ice magic and runes. I believe that you could, in theory, make runes of weakening out of ice.

That is a good idea. Actually, runes in general seem to have been largely ignored for most of this game... It would be fun seeing more action with them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 04, 2010, 09:25:44 pm »

I tried, but my idea of making something to engrave it on involved hitting it with a hatchet repeatedly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 05, 2010, 01:47:06 am »

I tried ice-runes a while back, but got gimped because I had ice armor active at the same time. I haven't gone back to goof off with it because of combat, and stasis is way cooler more useful in team vs 1 anyway.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1466 on: November 05, 2010, 02:02:45 am »

Wow, did not expect it to work that well for me. This is going to be FUN.

Earthen Jaws Moloch, aiming for the largest hole around his feet.
Stone Spirit heals Nirur Torir.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 06, 2010, 11:55:34 am »

Cackle maniacally yet again, rush over to a third pillar, and attempt to focus it on an orange-ish color at Moloch.

The result? A recursive loop of self-damaging and self-healing, resulting in absolutely nothing being accomplished.
How dwarven!

Why can I never heal anything? Am I just naturally evil?

I'll summon a skeleton.
My current skeleton will attack.
Maybe he will have better luck now that the armor is weakened.

Right then. It should possibly just -2 (or +2) or something instead of -4 (Or +4) to Molochs armor rolls now, but this is demonic hell armor so whatever.

Slash at an artery on the leg.

Edit: I WILL RUST YOU TO PIECES.

This is, frankly, the most useful action I can do right now, apparently. Attacks won't work till his armor is off. except for a select few.

Attack Moloch with the dagger.

Cast holy word on moloch

Need Acanthus.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Going Down [Turn 69]
« Reply #1468 on: November 10, 2010, 02:15:31 pm »

Cackle maniacally yet again, rush over to a third pillar, and attempt to focus it on an orange-ish color at Moloch.
Deciding that the situation is well under control, you decide to have some fun experimenting. (6) You rush over to another nearby pillar and begin shifting through it's color spectrum as well. (Luck 1) It settles into a bright orange glow, which actually seems to be making Moloch stronger and faster...

+2 to Metamagic

Why can I never heal anything? Am I just naturally evil?

I'll summon a skeleton.
My current skeleton will attack.
Maybe he will have better luck now that the armor is weakened.

You reach into the abyss and call out a skeleton to your side. (4+2) The incantation is quite easy for one as skilled as yourself, (Luck 4) And you now have another skeleton slave bound to you.

Your other skeleton charges at Moloch and strikes his massive form. (3+1)(RTD 4-4) Moloch gets hit by the attack, but it doesn't break through his armor, even in it's current corroded state.

Right then. It should possibly just -2 (or +2) or something instead of -4 (Or +4) to Molochs armor rolls now, but this is demonic hell armor so whatever.

Slash at an artery on the leg.

Edit: I WILL RUST YOU TO PIECES.

This is, frankly, the most useful action I can do right now, apparently. Attacks won't work till his armor is off. except for a select few.

You conjure another blast of fell fire and unleash it on Moloch. (6+2) The magic quickly eats away at his armor, (Resist 4+3) but the thickness of the stuff means it still hasn't eaten through.

+2 to Demonology

Attack Moloch with the dagger.

You charge Moloch again, attacking him with the special dagger. (2) You trip and fall, (RTD 3-4) but end up stabbing Moloch in the foot on your way down. He doesn't seem to happy. 

+2 to Daggers

Cast holy word on moloch

You mumble a holy chant, (2+1)  blasting Moloch with divine energy. (Resist 2+3) Moloch's supreme evilness fights off the spell.

Determined to do something, (2+2) you create a frozen burst right behind moloch. (Luck 4) The sphere bursts, sending shards of ice towards him. (RTD 2-4) The shards pierce his weakened armor and inflict substantial damage.

+4 to Elementalism

Emerging from your trance-like state, you unleash a massive earthen assault on Moloch. (1+4) And by massive I mean somewhat normal. (Luck 1+2) And by normal I mean not that powerful. (RTD 3-4) The spikes of obsidian still hit Moloch though, and do break through his armor. They don't, however, inflict the kind of damage you intended to.

Your spirit goes to heal Nirur, (6) replenishing his health.

Quote from: Aut0-Acanthus
Analyzing... Target: Moloch. Action: Force Wall. Procedure Commencing

Marcus creates a wall of force in front of Moloch, (6+1) creating a thick barrier. (Luck 4) The barrier partially surrounds Moloch.

+3 to Metamagic

Moloch roars in anger and attacks the wall with a massive strike (4) The wall shakes under the impact (Resist 5) and sustains heavy damage, cracking in several places. It probably can't withstand another blow.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 10, 2010, 03:34:19 pm »

My axe. His organs, tendons, bones, sinew, and/or flesh. aim for holes in the armor where others attacks pierced through.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 120