Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230695 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Surmounting the Unsurmountable [Turn 67]
« Reply #1440 on: November 02, 2010, 11:52:33 pm »

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 02, 2010, 11:54:27 pm »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 03, 2010, 12:15:04 am »

3) Devour Moloch's soul
Dragnar
Huh? Are you saying Moloch is Dragnar?
No, I'm saying attempting to consume a demon lord's soul will not end well.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 03, 2010, 01:40:12 pm »

3) Devour Moloch's soul
Dragnar
Heh... Hey, I was trying to MOVE the soul, not fuse with it! The dice had other ideas...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 03, 2010, 10:06:53 pm »

But if he's reinforced by and/or the power is distributed amongst the rest of us...

Actually, I guess that's exactly what happened to dragnar. Hm.

A shame about the bones, but I guess now I'll be able to focus on his armor and the crystals, plus any loot he might have.

...those aren't going poof/are actually exoskeletons also, are they?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 03, 2010, 10:43:13 pm »

Of course the crystals aren't going poof. I rather hope that they can be used when removed from the pillars though.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 03, 2010, 10:45:55 pm »

I rather hope that they can be used when removed from the pillars though.
Yeah, a regenerating crystal would be excellent for melee characters like me and dermonster.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The Turn Where Nothing Really Happens [Turn 68]
« Reply #1447 on: November 04, 2010, 12:06:27 pm »

I heal myself. My skeleton guards me. Nothing could possibly go wrong with healing myself.
You decide that a little refreshment is in order, and begin healing yourself. (2+3) You summon a large amount of energy in order to heal, (Luck 1) So much that you actually start drawing from your own lifeforce. The result? A recursive loop of self-damaging and self-healing, resulting in absolutely nothing being accomplished.

+3 to Vitamancy

Start concentrating for my next Earthen Jaws.
Stone Spirit heals Tarran.

You reach down into the earth, (3+4), attuning yourself to the feel of the place. Black Stone... Cold... Lifelessness... (Luck 6+1) You keep probing deeper into your surroundings, absorbing the feel of the surrounding stone into yourself. Then, you find it; the heart of the mountain, the soul of the stone. You have attuned yourself to the surrounding area.

New Ability: Earthen Attunement
+4 to Elementalism.

Well this was more than inevitable. Degenerating myself, not actually beating Moloch. Though he really could have used some summons. :P

Attempt to focus the degeneration off me and onto Moloch.

You work on shifting the degeneration off of yourself and onto Moloch. (5+2) You shift the pillar off of you (Luck 4) and back onto Moloch.

+3 to Metamagic

Remove safeguard and back far away from the fight then attempt to fix the magical conversion device.
Guy's I'm back and I think I have a way to keep him dead once we finish this fight, just give me a second.

You drop your protective shield and back away from Moloch. (6) You retreat all the way to the other side of the chamber, then start working on your device. (Luck 6) You successfully repair the device using some of your alchemy tools.

+2 to Alchemy

Walk backward very fast.
MORE RUST. I want to see that thing in shambles.

You dump wave after wave of unholy fire onto Moloch, (4+2) corroding his armor away. (Resist 1+3) Moloch is unable to fight off your magic assault.

+3 to Demonology

I'm going to back away from Moloch lest I get my metal stuff rusted by dermonster's spell overshooting again.

Fall back while trying to keep Moloch's attention on me.

You dart away from Moloch, but continue trying to keep his attention. (1) Once you stop attacking him, Moloch completely forgets about you and turns to Dunib.

Force Slash the bastard!
You unleash another barrage of magical force. (6+3) A massive wave descends upon Moloch, (RTD 1-4) who is far to preoccupied to do anything about it. The wave crashes upon him, and has no effect whatsoever.

Uhhh, stasis. Rust doesn't counter ice, right?
(Well, it's sort of like acid fire in a way, so... sort of? Sorry you're not really doing much this fight, you'll have a lot more fun against Torillerb. )

You unleash another frozen burst at Moloch, (2+2) surrounding him with ice. (Resist 2+3) A thin layer of ice covers him, but Moloch just brushes it off.

+2 to Elementalism

Moloch roars in fury and throws a massive punch at Dunib. (1-2)(RTD 1-1) Dunib sort of staggers out of the way, and the punch flies over his head.

Moloch's regeneration has stopped completely.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 04, 2010, 12:18:46 pm »

Cackle maniacally yet again, rush over to a third pillar, and attempt to focus it on an orange-ish color at Moloch.

The result? A recursive loop of self-damaging and self-healing, resulting in absolutely nothing being accomplished.
How dwarven!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 04, 2010, 01:07:01 pm »

Why can I never heal anything? Am I just naturally evil?

I'll summon a skeleton.
My current skeleton will attack.
Maybe he will have better luck now that the armor is weakened.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 04, 2010, 01:31:38 pm »

Well you've only eaten your best friend's soul once so it couldn't be that...

Incidentally, that priest from way back totally called it.
You head to the nearby church, and talk with the head priest. (5) You explain your findings to him, and he answers;
"I must warn you to tread carefully, Necromancer. While your knowledge may help us fight this war, you tread a fine line by using your soul magic. Many who peruse necromancy turn to darker magic in their lust for power, which invariably corrupts them."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 04, 2010, 01:43:25 pm »

I am not corrupt. If I was corrupt, I would be trying to use two or three of you as a filter to help me eat Moloch's soul without all the concentrated evil ending up in my own soul.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 04, 2010, 02:24:29 pm »

Right then. It should possibly just -2 (or +2) or something instead of -4 (Or +4) to Molochs armor rolls now, but this is demonic hell armor so whatever.

Slash at an artery on the leg.

Edit: I WILL RUST YOU TO PIECES.

This is, frankly, the most useful action I can do right now, apparently. Attacks won't work till his armor is off. except for a select few.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:28:50 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 04, 2010, 02:42:17 pm »

Right then. It should possibly just -2 (or +2) or something instead of -4 (Or +4) to Molochs armor rolls now, but this is demonic hell armor so whatever.

Slash at an artery on the leg.

You had +4 on your bronze half-plate before it was corroded slightly. Moloch has much, much more than that.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 04, 2010, 03:26:11 pm »

Attack Moloch with the dagger.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 120