Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230772 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Surmounting the Unsurmountable [Turn 67]
« Reply #1425 on: November 02, 2010, 07:43:09 pm »

I meant more like, his bones.

Oh. Bones?

Umm... yeah. You might be disappointed.

Or since we can't even seem to scratch it at all, we could skip the plate and take a very thin layer, like about half an inch thick or so, never was good with measurements, to cover ourselves, effectively granting us invulnerability and slower but still respectable action speed.

Umm... yeah. Moloch's armor is about a tenth of an inch thick, which is why it is so difficult to pierce. Historical plate armor was about 1mm thick, or about 1/25th of an inch, and even that weighed about 50 pounds for a full suit. Get it too thin though, and you basically end up with something like foil.

wonder how hard it would be to reshape him, anyways offering such a large kill as a sacrifice in a prayer, sound get me something nice on a good roll :D  Course it's up to rng, he could even have gold come pouring out of it's stomuch or something.
Offering it to the gods? Hrm... I hadn't considered it, but I suppose it is possible.

Depends, sacrificing a demon lord's corpse might be really good or really bad. If you struck the killing blow in Mandatum's name that'd probably go over real well, but you're bleeding an awful lot for that one right now. :P
He's not bleeding any more. He had a bunch of healing effects compiled on him over the past few turns. Earthen Heal, Healing Salve, Safeguard, Regenerating, Faith Healing... Erm, I think that's it. Still quite plentiful, though.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 02, 2010, 07:44:32 pm »

oh who put the safeguard on me?
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 02, 2010, 07:47:20 pm »

I take full responsibility for that.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 02, 2010, 07:53:48 pm »

Oh. Bones?

...He doesn't have bones? How the heck is he standing and moving then?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 02, 2010, 07:58:46 pm »

Oh. Bones?

He's gonna go poof in a cloud of fire and brimstone when he dies. Obviously.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 02, 2010, 08:09:04 pm »

Oh. Bones?

He's gonna go poof in a cloud of fire and brimstone when he dies. Obviously.
aw crap I don't wanna blow up AGAIN!
Nom nom nom

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 02, 2010, 08:39:43 pm »

Molochs are large, heavy, slow, and powerful suits of armor with cores of pure hatred. If you looked inside when it was still animate (unwise) you would see a dull, nasty red glow, and nothing else. Or perhaps a corpse, if someone decided to get in there thinking it would mean vulnerable spots. They are not necessarily killed by destroying their armour, but by instead exhausting the demon spirit, or in rare cases, causing it to lose potency through psychology.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:54 pm »

Molochs are large, heavy, slow, and powerful suits of armor with cores of pure hatred. If you looked inside when it was still animate (unwise) you would see a dull, nasty red glow, and nothing else. Or perhaps a corpse, if someone decided to get in there thinking it would mean vulnerable spots. They are not necessarily killed by destroying their armour, but by instead exhausting the demon spirit, or in rare cases, causing it to lose potency through psychology.
Have you played ADOM?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 02, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »

Yeah, that was the third place I saw them (although from dates it's probably the inspiration). They are rare, but don't change much outside of the original, religious version.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 02, 2010, 10:41:27 pm »

Yeah, that was the third place I saw them (although from dates it's probably the inspiration). They are rare, but don't change much outside of the original, religious version.
I don't see any reference to armor with the religious version(though the core of hatred it pretty much intact there).

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 02, 2010, 10:59:29 pm »

outside of the original, religious version.
I don't see any reference to armor with the religious version(though the core of hatred it pretty much intact there).
Exactly.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 02, 2010, 11:28:35 pm »

outside of the original, religious version.
Exactly.
oic

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 02, 2010, 11:37:54 pm »

So, if I understand you correctly:
1) Use a soul link to bind all PCs to myself in a web of souls
2) ???
3) Devour Moloch's soul
4) Interesting Consequences

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 02, 2010, 11:39:05 pm »

Force Slash the bastard!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 02, 2010, 11:49:32 pm »

Uhhh, stasis. Rust doesn't counter ice, right?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 120