Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230801 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Divine Intervention [Turn 65]
« Reply #1380 on: October 25, 2010, 01:16:25 am »

Virroken's already got frost going, and I suspect a demon-forged pillar wouldn't have a "holy" setting. I could still try it if you think it might be a different type of frost or something, but I'd rather not waste turns seeing if it's got a chartreuse mode. Maybe I could tune it like a radio until it hit a valid color...
Well, we don't know if Virroken will succeed, so it never hurts to have two people doing the same thing. Plus, Virroken's frost won't last long and he'll have to cast it again and again (and each time he has a chance of failing, which could give Moloch a chance to smash one of us into human paste), while the pillar would actively be freezing Moloch every turn without a chance of failing.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:18:59 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 25, 2010, 01:22:32 am »

while the pillar would actively be freezing Moloch every turn without a chance of failing.
Famous last words.

For some reason I really want to try this though. I know it's probably a waste, but I really want to try it. Sorry. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 25, 2010, 01:28:07 am »

Ehhh, go ahead and degenerate him, doesn't matter.

...Unless it results in my death, then I'll haunt you from the grave forever.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 25, 2010, 01:36:46 am »

Well... there's a fair chance I'd try to snatch up your soul and imbue it into something anyway, so I guess I'd literally be asking for it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 25, 2010, 02:57:08 am »

Maybe Red/Purple is regeneration. Or maybe it's energy regeneration, and he's healing himself with that energy he's getting from the pillars.

Good observation is probably good. I hadn't thought of that.

Moloch is REgenerating. If we DEgenerate him, it does the opposite thing, right? Hopefully, it'll at least slow down his healrate.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 26, 2010, 07:52:42 am »

Force slash that bastard again!!!!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The Bad, the Ugly, and the Good. [Turn 66]
« Reply #1386 on: October 30, 2010, 11:33:50 am »

Attempt to encase him in fel-flame
You run back over to Moloch and attempt to light him on fire. (4+1) You unleash a burst of fell energy, which completely encases Moloch in fire. (Luck 1) The fire doesn't actually seem to be hurting him however, and you suddenly realize that lighting him on fire when your group's best control spells are ice-based was probably a bad idea.

+3 to Demonology

Drag Aarchan to safety.

Darn, that looks painful.
You move over to Aarchan's crumpled form. (1) You promptly hurl all over the place. (Luck 1) You then slip on your own vomit and fall over.

well ow.
Pray my thanks and attempt to go into a meditative state to increase the rate at which I heal.
You would give your thanks to Madantum, (1) but at the moment it hurts too much to even think. (Luck 1) You end up deciding that not thinking is probably better at this moment.

If healing salves do stuff for broken bones, dump salve on Kilakan. If not, generate a frozen burst inside of one of Moloch's gaping foot wounds.If not, moar stasis, because support class is best class. Also, because RNG said so.
You give Aarchan a healing salve, which as far as you know is magical and works on everything.

You then attempt to freeze Moloch with another Stasis (4+2) You encase Moloch in a thick layer of ice, (Luck 1) Which quickly melts away due to his fire aura.

+2 to Elementalism

I really want to degenerate him but I suspect it'll have no effect...

Eh, cackle maniacally and attempt to degenerate Moloch with the pillar anyway.

It'll be good to make sure.

You suddenly get a burst of inspiration, and decide that if the pillars are probably working for Moloch, you can make them work against him instead of merely destroying them. (5+1) You try to shift the color of the pillar back to the green that degenerated Tarran, (Luck 6) Hitting more or less the right color. You notice that Moloch halts momentarily and shudders, and you even manage to empower the effects of the pillar.

+4 to Metamagic

Does my Purge decurse (which was my original intent) or does it only remove magical effects?

If Purge removes curses, Purge my black shard and get the dagger. Equip the dagger. Throw the shard into Molochs hole and Compression Bomb it.
If not, help Tarran drag Aarchan away and see if I can heal him.

Stone Spirit will heal Aarchan in either case.

You attempt to purge your metal shard, (5+1) removing all traces of magic from the metal, which oddly turns a dull gray color. (Luck 3) You don't have the time to do anything else, however.

+2 to Necromancy

Your stone spirit moves to heal Aarchan, (3+1) bathing him in a comforting glow. (Luck 5) He heals rapidly.

My skeleton will guard Aarchan.
If somebody takes Aarchan's dagger to strike our good friend Mr. Scary Guy, I will Hasten them.
If they don't, I will cast Protect on Aarchan.

You send your skeleton to defend Aarchan.

You then try to protect him. (3+2) You encase him in a shell of magic, (Luck 5) which shields him from harm and actually begins healing him as well.

+4 to Vitamancy
New Spell: Safeguard

Force slash that bastard again!!!!
You unleash another force slash on Moloch, (1+3) blasting him with energy. (RTD 5-4) Your attack hits, but once again fails to do anything noteworthy.

Moloch shudders briefly, then starts walking towards the green pillar that Davar made.

Moloch still regenerates, but he is now doing it much, much slower than he was before. 

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:34:47 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 30, 2010, 11:51:29 am »

Who has that one dagger that cut through his armor?

I'm thinking it was Aarchon?

If so, he's not in a position to use it, so someone take it and do something with it.

Anyway.

Attempt to enhance the Fel flame burning Moloch to degrade his armor.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 30, 2010, 12:36:30 pm »

Sit tight and attempt to heal through power of will.
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 30, 2010, 01:48:55 pm »

Put my sword away, and grab Aarchan's dagger. Then attack Moloch.

KineseN, try casting Grave Embrace on Moloch, maybe it'll pierce his armor and hurt him.

Acanthus, cast Force Wall in front of the pillar Irony is controlling so Moloch doesn't destroy it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:17:25 pm by Tarran »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 30, 2010, 02:11:16 pm »

Put my sword away, and grab Aarchan's dagger.

That's a free action, you can do something else.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 30, 2010, 02:18:02 pm »

Put my sword away, and grab Aarchan's dagger.

That's a free action, you can do something else.
Oh, okay, thanks.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 30, 2010, 02:31:27 pm »

Stasis on bits of Moloch that aren't burning. Also, slap dermonster across the face as a minor action.

Should I use more healing salve? Hm.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 30, 2010, 03:34:11 pm »

Stasis on bits of Moloch that aren't burning. Also, slap dermonster across the face as a minor action.

Should I use more healing salve? Hm.
I couldn't actually use It I couldn't move.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 30, 2010, 03:45:40 pm »

HAHAHA, excellent!

Will the pillar continue to function without my attention and commands?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 120