Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230836 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Divine Intervention [Turn 65]
« Reply #1365 on: October 24, 2010, 02:25:44 pm »

Also, RNG, why am I still Degenerating when KineseN's spirit apparently cured me of it?

Woops, my bad.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: October 24, 2010, 04:06:57 pm »

If healing salves do stuff for broken bones, dump salve on Kilakan. If not, generate a frozen burst inside of one of Moloch's gaping foot wounds.If not, moar stasis, because support class is best class. Also, because RNG said so.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:22:24 pm by Virroken »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 24, 2010, 05:23:13 pm »

They're not gaping holes in so much as small cuts. Aarchan's dagger can cut through Moloch's armor like paper, but it's still a dagger versus a 60-foot tall humanoid; each individual attack only damages him a small amount. Those attacks will add up over time though, assuming you can find a way to stop his regeneration.

As far as fighting Moloch himself, well... Very few of you can actually damage him(I think Aarchan is the only one who has succeeded so far), and for those few who can hurt him staying alive long enough to kill Moloch may be an issue. For the others, working either to impair Moloch or protect your allies is probably the best bet. Virroken has tried to do this several times, but the dice haven't favored him so far. All things considered, it certainly is possible to defeat him at your current power level, though since he can also one-hit kill most of you a few bad dice rolls could make things very messy.

Just be glad I decided not to give Moloch summoning abilities like I originally planned; then you would be really screwed.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 24, 2010, 05:26:03 pm »

Suggestion: If that dagger can cut through the armor, stop trying to inflict injury and instead tear it apart, opening a hole that the others can strike through. Better yet, get inside his armor and start randomly stabbing.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 24, 2010, 05:41:13 pm »

though since he can also one-hit kill most of you a few bad dice rolls could make things very messy.
Oh, so it's not as bad as I feared.

Just be glad I decided not to give Moloch summoning abilities like I originally planned; then you would be really screwed.
Nobody likes a wuss, RNG. :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 24, 2010, 06:26:50 pm »

Suggestion: If that dagger can cut through the armor, stop trying to inflict injury and instead tear it apart, opening a hole that the others can strike through. Better yet, get inside his armor and start randomly stabbing.
I did cut a hole in his leg armor, he just stomped on me before I could cut more.
So someone wanna take the dagger, and attempt to kill him?
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 24, 2010, 06:43:11 pm »

My skeleton will guard Aarchan.
If somebody takes Aarchan's dagger to strike our good friend Mr. Scary Guy, I will Hasten them.
If they don't, I will cast Protect on Aarchan.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 24, 2010, 06:47:51 pm »

I can try after I drag you to safety.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 24, 2010, 08:09:37 pm »

Hm. So do the pillars have a set of effects corresponding to a set of colors, or do they just channel/amplify magic in general, or what? How do I use one? "Do Blue on myself" or "Aegis Dunib through the pillar" or something else entirely?

I would but I like having bones.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 24, 2010, 09:05:44 pm »

Hm. So do the pillars have a set of effects corresponding to a set of colors, or do they just channel/amplify magic in general, or what? How do I use one? "Do Blue on myself" or "Aegis Dunib through the pillar" or something else entirely?

The pillars have a set of effects depending on the color. So far we've seen:

Red/Purple - Unknown(This was the default color)'
Green - Degeneration
Blue - Reflect Magic

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: October 24, 2010, 09:33:16 pm »

Action changed, since cutting through a solid like paper doesn't leave space enough for a frozen burst to fit in. I guess these daggers weren't ordered from the Final Fantasy univarse.

Maybe pillar-degen on Moloch's wounds? I'm not sure the pillars are even powering Moloch's invincibility anymore. We might just be wasting turns hacking at otherwise harmless furniture.

I'm gonna continue with my roll-influencing support role, even if it means every action is MOAR STASIS/FROST/CHILL LAWL.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 24, 2010, 10:57:48 pm »

I really want to degenerate him but I suspect it'll have no effect...

Eh, cackle maniacally and attempt to degenerate Moloch with the pillar anyway.

It'll be good to make sure.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:22:46 am by IronyOwl »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 25, 2010, 12:35:17 am »

Hmm, Irony, how about changing the pillar white and using it on him? I have a feeling white=cold/ice/snow/blinding/some holy effect that might hurt him.

Maybe Red/Purple is regeneration. Or maybe it's energy regeneration, and he's healing himself with that energy he's getting from the pillars.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:50:13 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 25, 2010, 01:10:02 am »

Virroken's already got frost going, and I suspect a demon-forged pillar wouldn't have a "holy" setting. I could still try it if you think it might be a different type of frost or something, but I'd rather not waste turns seeing if it's got a chartreuse mode. Maybe I could tune it like a radio until it hit a valid color...

Good call on red/purple being regen, though- I suspected that was armor, but regen might make more sense. Only reason I'm not trying it out on allies is what heals a demon lord might not work on humans quite the same way. Well, that and he one-shots us, so gradually healing small amounts of damage isn't all that useful.

Of course, the more I think about it, the more certain I am degeneration isn't going to do anything, so maybe I should try something new regardless.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1379 on: October 25, 2010, 01:11:51 am »

Does my Purge decurse (which was my original intent) or does it only remove magical effects?

If Purge removes curses, Purge my black shard and get the dagger. Equip the dagger. Throw the shard into Molochs hole and Compression Bomb it.
If not, help Tarran drag Aarchan away and see if I can heal him.

Stone Spirit will heal Aarchan in either case.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 120