Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230847 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Bonemeal [Turn 64]
« Reply #1350 on: October 21, 2010, 09:03:11 pm »

Seize the pillar and attempt to channel its power for my own ends.

I have to say, I assumed the worst when I read the title. Glad to see it was just one of Nirur's minions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 21, 2010, 09:10:19 pm »

I have to say, I assumed the worst when I read the title. Glad to see it was just one of Nirur's minions.
Alas, poor skeleton. I barely knew ye.

I'll decurse Tarran.
My remaining skeleton will attack a pillar.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 22, 2010, 12:34:22 am »

It's probably more of a disease than a curse, and it's still being powered by the glowing green pillar, so it's possible even if you remove it successfully it will be back at the end of the turn.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 22, 2010, 12:40:12 am »

Hmm... Good point.

Okay, I'll change my action.

Attempt to cut the pillar Degenerating me again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 22, 2010, 02:16:15 am »

I think the pillars are harmless unless we mess around with them.

More stasis. Freeze his arm joints to stop him from attacking.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 22, 2010, 03:09:45 am »

You know, this happens in the Elemental RTD too; where I bring up an argument that makes a player's action look bad, and then they choose an action that has even worse chances of success. Then I feel troubled, but don't want to manipulate them into changing it again.

The danger here depends on how nice RNGenerator is with applying your degeneration and Nirur's action; before you attack or after? If you don't get a roll good enough to smash the pillar, your degeneration will be made even worse, perhaps far enough that Nirur will be unable to completely remove it on a good roll.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1356 on: October 22, 2010, 04:07:46 am »

Spire closely to the center of the platform I can (because Moloch has moved from that spot already right?) and carve a Rune of Channeling on it in an attempt to siphon/disrupt the balance of the pillars.
See if Stone Spirit can do something about Tarrans Degenerating status.

The acronym in Rune of Channeling has a typo, it says scronym.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 22, 2010, 05:28:48 am »

Force Slash the weak spot on Moloch!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 22, 2010, 08:15:16 am »

Cast holy word on the weak spot I made in it's leg, then begin attacking the other leg.... try and avoid getting hit by my teammates again.
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 22, 2010, 02:14:13 pm »

before you attack or after?
Before.

If you don't get a roll good enough to smash the pillar, your degeneration will be made even worse
Yeah, I kinda expect that if I get a bad roll it'll get worse too.

perhaps far enough that Nirur will be unable to completely remove it on a good roll.
Anything can happen on a good roll.

Either way, I don't have much choice, I'm basically useless against Moloch as far as I can tell, I don't know much in the way of de-curseing, if what you say about the pillar powering it is true then this is the best course of action possible for me until someone else decides to attack that pillar. Besides, KineseN was nice enough to have his Stone Spirit attempt to help me after I attack, so even if I fail at cutting the pillar I have a chance of KineseN's spirit successfully helping me afterwords.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1360 on: October 22, 2010, 02:55:55 pm »

If my Stone Spirit can do anything at all against it, that is.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Divine Intervention [Turn 65]
« Reply #1361 on: October 24, 2010, 12:00:50 pm »

Strike at his helm, kite toward an unbroken pillar again.
You try to attack Moloch's head, but find that you just can't jump 50 feet up in the air while wearing heavy armor. (4+1) Instead, you attack his leg (RTD 5-4) and watch as your axe bounces off harmlessly again, then back off towards another pillar. (Luck 1) Unfortunately, Moloch seems to be ignoring you now.

+2 to Axes

Seize the pillar and attempt to channel its power for my own ends.
You rush up to the pillar and attempt to manipulate it's magic to benefit yourself. (4+1) You easily take control of the pillar's functionality, (Luck 5) and can now shift the pillar through the entire spectrum of light. You also learn what magic the pillar was using when it deflected your spell.

+4 to Metamagic
New Spell: Reflect

I'll decurse Tarran.
My remaining skeleton will attack a pillar.

You turn towards Tarran and attempt to break the enchantment afflicting him. (2+2) You halt the effects of the degeneration, (Luck 1) Or at least, you should have... but he still doesn't look too healthy.

+2 to Vitamancy

Nirur's skeleton attacks a pillar, (3) moderately damaging it.

You strike out at the pillar again, (4+2) slicing it cleanly in half. (Luck 1) You still seem to be afflicted by the degeneration though.

+2 to Swords

I think the pillars are harmless unless we mess around with them.

More stasis. Freeze his arm joints to stop him from attacking.

You try to freeze Moloch again to prevent him from attacking. (3+1) You encase his arms in (Luck 2) a very thin sheet of ice, which probably won't slow him down for long.

+3 to Elementalism

Spire closely to the center of the platform I can (because Moloch has moved from that spot already right?) and carve a Rune of Channeling on it in an attempt to siphon/disrupt the balance of the pillars.
See if Stone Spirit can do something about Tarrans Degenerating status.

You rush up to the platform and quickly create a spire in the center. (4+2) You create a large obsidian obelisk on the platform, then try carving one of the runes of channeling into it. (1) You completely fail to accomplish anything meaningful, (Luck 2+1) but at least you don't seem to have made the situation any worse.

Your stone spirit moves to help Tarran, (4+1) Purging the remaining degeneration from his system.
Force Slash the weak spot on Moloch!
You aim at the small hole created by Aarchan, (5+3) aiming a powerful force blast at the crack in his armor. (Luck 5) You attack him with pinpoint accuracy, (RTD 6-4) but Moloch moves at the last minute, and your attack shatters against his thick shell of metal.

Cast holy word on the weak spot I made in it's leg, then begin attacking the other leg.... try and avoid getting hit by my teammates again.
You mutter a Holy Word as you pill your dagger free, (1)(Resist 3+3) which only serves to enrage Moloch further. You then rush over to his other leg and attack him again, (2+2) easily slicing through his armor. (RTD 6-4) Your dagger cuts open another, slightly smaller wound.

Moloch goes to attack Aarchan again, (5-3) Easily shattering the ice as a massive fist descends towards his victim. (RTD 1) Aarchan is crushed by the massive attack, (Miracle 5) but somehow doesn't die. It seems that Madantum cares something for his followers after all, as Aarchan barely clings onto life by the grace of his deity.

Not seeming to care much for gods, Moloch continues regenerating the wounds inflicted upon him.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:46:19 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 24, 2010, 12:05:04 pm »

Attempt to encase him in fel-flame

In the process of moving. might not be back for a few days. Put me on AI if i take too long.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 24, 2010, 01:31:22 pm »

Drag Aarchan to safety.

Darn, that looks painful.

Also, RNG, why am I still Degenerating when KineseN's spirit apparently cured me of it?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 24, 2010, 02:24:02 pm »

well ow.
Pray my thanks and attempt to go into a meditative state to increase the rate at which I heal.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 120