Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230901 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Anyone else feel like we're fighting a building? [Turn 63]
« Reply #1320 on: October 18, 2010, 01:25:37 pm »

Attempt to keep his attention, and try to 'kite' him over to one of the "Crystal spike things".

-4? wow.

Ill hold his attention, someone else attack the crystal pillars. Its the source of his power most likely.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:28:57 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Anyone else feel like we're fighting a building? [Turn 63]
« Reply #1321 on: October 18, 2010, 01:39:04 pm »

Got it.

Randomly pick a pillar and cut it in half with my sword.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 18, 2010, 01:52:10 pm »

-4? wow.

I said he moves very slowly. Hitting him isn't the problem, it's actually damaging him.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 18, 2010, 03:33:53 pm »

Aim for the eyes! Not that you have an archer...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 18, 2010, 03:35:48 pm »

Teleport inside him, its possibly the only way.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 18, 2010, 03:37:33 pm »

Do you know how many ways that could go wrong?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 18, 2010, 03:40:32 pm »

Well, the demon cant hurt you, he doesn't get to chew you up. Possibly doesn't have stomach acids. I say its a rather easy risk
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 18, 2010, 03:43:55 pm »

Quickly run up to moloch, attempting to avoid his attacks, and attack with Di'ako what looks like weak spots on his legs, attempting to break the plating and allow further attacks in.
Well I don't really know how well this shall work but.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 18, 2010, 03:47:40 pm »

Seriously? That's a really stupid idea...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 18, 2010, 03:55:24 pm »

Hey, someone has to make them, its like a universal law.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 18, 2010, 04:00:46 pm »

Right...

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 18, 2010, 05:17:01 pm »

Stasis on Moloch's feet to freeze him to the ground. Preferably not when Kilakan is standing within damage radius.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 18, 2010, 05:33:39 pm »

I really don't like this position. The platform should be in range of translocate, though. I hope.

I cast Translocate to get to the platform.
One skeleton will watch for and shove out of the way anyone in danger of getting stepped on.
The second skeleton will guard Dunib.

(Discarded methods of getting down: Sacrificing my health to translocate away, summoning a winged horse, and translocating past his helmet, to deal with the problem more directly.)

Edit: Action changed.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:31:58 pm by Nirur Torir »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 18, 2010, 06:46:47 pm »

Aw hell.

I really don't like this position. The platform should be in range of translocate, though. I hope.
Quote from: Translocate
Visible location within 30 feet
Quote from: Moloch
60 feet tall
You're ****ed.

So, I am really concerned about his next move being smashing one of us into paste. I don't want to abandon Nirur up there, but given just how slow he is, it wouldn't surprise me if he's capable of one-shotting any one of us. We should strongly consider getting out of his reach.

Attempt to generate a slashing force boomerang and hurl it in an arc, ideally cutting several pillars in half.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 18, 2010, 06:49:01 pm »

Wait. Idea.

Changed my action.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 120