Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230926 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Demons know sepuku. [Turn 61]
« Reply #1275 on: October 13, 2010, 02:20:00 pm »

Repair conversion device
Acquire aeigus effect from conversion device
Search for herbal ingredients to make healing over time based potions.

Could someone use one of their turns to decurse me, I shall pay them back with potions.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 13, 2010, 02:34:01 pm »

Decurse Kilakan
Heal Dermonster
Summon Skeleton

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 13, 2010, 02:42:31 pm »

Find myself some damn clothes and wear them.
Cast Cure Minor Wounds on KineseN.
Cast Cure Minor Wounds on IronyOwl.

This good?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 13, 2010, 02:52:25 pm »

Attempt to bind The sublimate spell to my axe so it casts as I swing.
Try to Encase my Gauntlet in Fel-Flame, which harms opponents or degrades their weapons upon contact, but which is harmless to me. Only the gauntlet because i want to see if this works before I be stupid and encase myself in fire.

I'm not sure if those are training actions or standard. If training, just do the top one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 13, 2010, 05:07:35 pm »

I attempt to create a field of force that acts as a personal shield.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 13, 2010, 07:52:09 pm »

I practice flash-freezing the dead demon bodies inside solid chunks of ice.

Single target stun here I come!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1281 on: October 14, 2010, 06:30:56 am »

With the limited knowledge of Necromancy and the vast experience in Earth magic I fashion a spell that is able to decurse and purge magical effects on a single target or item, effectively making it possible for me to decurse this metal shard or remove any magical alignments such as Aegis or Darkness, be they on allies or baddies.

Stone Spirit walk around healing anyone who needs it. Will also attempt to remove Davars Vulnerable effect.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Guardian of Hell [Turn 62]
« Reply #1282 on: October 15, 2010, 03:15:14 pm »

So much to be done, so little time...

Use metamagic and/or hatchet to fashion hexagonal shield out of hunter/assassin carapace.
Inscribe Rune of Pain on shield with said hunter's blood.
Bind hunter's soul to shield.

Unable to determine how to use metamagic as a crafting tool, you grab your hatchet and go to work. (1) You hack away at the body of the closest hunter,thoroughly mangling it. (Luck 2) You then proceed to mangle the other hunter corpse as well.

Following this bloody mayhem, you grab one of the mangled hunter corpses and start drawing a Rune of Pain on it with it's own blood. (4+1) You form the rune perfectly, (Luck 4) which activates and starts glowing with a faint grey light.

You then attempt to bind the hunter's soul into your mangled corpse. (5+1) You complete the spell to bind the soul, (Luck 3) but the spell fails regardless. It seems that the demon's soul was destroyed somewhere between moving around and being a corpse. Mangling the body probably didn't help either.

+2 to Runecrafting
+1 to Necromancy

Repair conversion device
Acquire aeigus effect from conversion device
Search for herbal ingredients to make healing over time based potions.

Could someone use one of their turns to decurse me, I shall pay them back with potions.
You grab your device and start tinkering with the various mechanisms. (2) The device is quite complicated, and you can't quite figure out how to repair it. (Luck 2-1) In the end, you are unable to succeed in doing so, and might have actually broken the contraption even more.

Despite this, you try to recover the aegis effect from the device. (5) You manage to locate and secure a small rose-colored ellipsoidal stone, (Luck 6-1) which you correctly guess as being the congealed essence of aegis.

Having completed this task, you go look for potion ingredients. (3) You find several weeds and roots, but nothing particularly valuable. (Luck 2-1) The surrounding lands actually appear pretty barren.

+2 to Technomancy
+2 to Herbalism

Decurse Kilakan
Heal Dermonster
Summon Skeleton

You decide that Kilakan has been cursed long enough, and do your best to remove his state. (1+2) You fumble with casting the spell, (Luck 6) but it goes off anyway and successfully purges the jinx.

You then go to heal Derm's injuries, (6+2) over-compensating for your lack of practice with extra magic. (Luck 3) Most of the magic passes straight through his body, though some of his wounds are healed.

Finally you miss your skeleton, and want another. (2+2) You summon a standard issue skeleton, (Luck 6) One who is your obedient slave.

+4 to Vitamancy
+2 to Summoning

Find myself some damn clothes and wear them.
Cast Cure Minor Wounds on KineseN.
Cast Cure Minor Wounds on IronyOwl.

This good?
You cast about the area for clothes to wear. (6) You notice the mangled hunter corpses lying in a pile, and get to work. (Luck 4) You end up producing a rather crude jerkin and trousers from the chitin.

You then try to heal both Kin and Davar. (2+1) (Luck 5) (3+1) (Luck 5) You heal both of them.

+4 to Vitamancy

Attempt to bind The sublimate spell to my axe so it casts as I swing.
Try to Encase my Gauntlet in Fel-Flame, which harms opponents or degrades their weapons upon contact, but which is harmless to me. Only the gauntlet because i want to see if this works before I be stupid and encase myself in fire.

I'm not sure if those are training actions or standard. If training, just do the top one.
Training, because you are making a new effect.

You try to enchant your axe so it auto-sublimates when it hits and enemy. (5+1) You manage to get the spell to fire when you swing your axe, (Luck 3) but the axe isn't enchanted; rather, you just learned how to cast sublimate while you are swinging your axe. 

+3 to Demonology
New Ability: Spontaneous Sublimation

I attempt to create a field of force that acts as a personal shield.
You work on modifying your force spells so instead of attacking, they can work on defense. (3+1) You create a rectangle of force in front of you, (Luck 4) Which you manage to hold steady and prevent from moving.
+3 to Metamagic
New Spell: Force Wall

I practice flash-freezing the dead demon bodies inside solid chunks of ice.

Single target stun here I come!
You don't see much of the bodies left other than chunks, but you decide you can practice on those. (4+1) You expertly manage to freeze the chunks of demon. (Luck 4) You think you should be able to use this on other demons in the future.

+4 to Elementalism
New Spell: Stasis

With the limited knowledge of Necromancy and the vast experience in Earth magic I fashion a spell that is able to decurse and purge magical effects on a single target or item, effectively making it possible for me to decurse this metal shard or remove any magical alignments such as Aegis or Darkness, be they on allies or baddies.

Stone Spirit walk around healing anyone who needs it. Will also attempt to remove Davars Vulnerable effect.

You try to make a spell that can flush out any effects from somebody. (3+1) You create a spell which can nullify most other magic effects, (Luck 6) then adapt this to use as a dispell effect.
+2 to Necromancy
+2 to Vitamancy
New Spell: Purge

-----

After making their preparations, the group sets out for the cave. The find it after a short amount of time, noticing an aura of malevolence emanating from the cave. They proceed into the cave, passing through several winding caverns before coming to a large, circular chamber. The walls appear to be made out of solid obsidian, and are carved with intermitent runes that nobody has seen before. About 40 feet away at the center of the room there is a large platform, atop which a massive, hulking figure dwells. It is difficult to make out at this distance, but he seems to be clad in armor made from some strange, black metal. The metal is different from that normally used by the demons; this stuff has no shine to it like the normal demon metal has, but appears to be completely flat.

-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 15, 2010, 03:35:41 pm »

I attempt to summon a piece of its armor off of its body. Preferably from the head.
My first skeleton guards me.
My second skeleton attempts to attack the monster.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 15, 2010, 03:39:42 pm »

Casters do buffs!
Charge! Draw his attention with a slash to the throat!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:54:20 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 15, 2010, 03:43:19 pm »

I follow dermonster and attack the monster's right hand/other appendage on the right side of it's body if it has any.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 15, 2010, 04:15:06 pm »

Take the Earthen Dagger, and infuse it with the hadeshorn brew.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:56:55 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 15, 2010, 04:19:08 pm »

I would suggest attacking Moloch the Eternal Guardian first. He has the most power physically, but is extremely slow. If you can keep your distance, you have the best chance of surviving against him. If worst comes to worst, you can always run away. The problem with him is his armor; it is almost impenetrable. You will probably need to find some magical way to break or bypass his armor if you want to kill him.

Info quote on our current boss. We should probably not go into melee distance COUGHCOUGHtarrananddermonsterCOUGHCOUGH.

Standard opening frost wave because debuffs are the coolest thing ever.
Also, keep distance.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Or they can tank for us. That works too.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 15, 2010, 04:31:42 pm »

Hey RNG could you tell me what aeigus does?  Because I know that's a type of Greek shield... but, could you tell me what it does or should I guess... and quite possibly blow up the world while I'm at it?
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 15, 2010, 04:35:58 pm »

Awesome. There's now a mutilated demon carcass with a rune of pain drawn in its own blood on it, and nobody will know why.

Does Aegis stack with Shield of Faith?

Would Berserk disable abilities like Spontaneous Sublimation? Does "can only attack" mean they can only swing a melee weapon, or could they cast offensive spells and such?

Casters do buffs!
Preferences?

Kiting him would be ideal, but we're not sure how viable that would be. Depending on how hard he hits, having a constantly-healed tank line might be feasible and more reliable, especially since in theory wounded fighters can back off easier.

If he smashes Dunib to a paste right through his half plate, we'll know to keep moving.

Hey RNG could you tell me what aeigus does?  Because I know that's a type of Greek shield... but, could you tell me what it does or should I guess... and quite possibly blow up the world while I'm at it?
It's got an acronym tag in Davar's profile: +1 all resistances for 3 rounds.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 120