Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230925 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Arcanum Octet II: A wonderful day for MAGIC! [Turn 60]
« Reply #1260 on: October 09, 2010, 06:34:39 pm »

"Snipe" the assassin with a well placed Stone and heal Marcus or Dunib Hellbinder afterwards. Stone Spirit follows suit.

Is it possible that crumbling dirt is something so mundane task that I don't get anything from it or is it just because my high skill level? Because if it is any of them I might replace the Stone with either a higher rank spell or just figure out a way to do an over-the-top spell because if there is something worth killing, it is worth overkilling, right?

It's because of your high skill level. Same reason I stopped giving Marcus experience for Force Bolts.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hahah I'm really surprised that I didn't blow myself up, awesome ability though
Attempt to use The Device on the assassin hunter to capture it's very essence within a solid alchemtical type substance.
I'm not affraid, I consider any time since I survived Dragnar to be borrowed time.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:11:52 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Assassinate the Assassin if he's still alive. If not, Assassinate the hunter. If he's still dead, attack the air.

Can someone remove my Berserk-ness sometime soon so I don't have to attack the air every five seconds?

immobilized hunter
He's dead Jim.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ULTIMATE ICE ARMOR MODE ON. Protect Arcanthus with my body.

Give him a healing salve if no one else heals him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Can someone remove my Berserk-ness sometime soon so I don't have to attack the air every five seconds?
I imagine it'll go away soon, or at least once the battle's over. I guess I could try dispelling it if it doesn't or you need it off sooner.

Hm... maybe if that fails it'll strengthen it...

Too many spells I need to try/invent. :(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok then I'll throw the meta-magic pokeball at the assassin instead.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Assassinate the Assassin if he's still alive. If not, Assassinate the hunter. If he's still dead, attack the air.

immobilized hunter
He's dead Jim.

Berserk has a durstion of 3 turns, though you can try and fight it off earlier.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

So, hypothetically speaking, what would it cost to let me practice healing magic (at a -1 penalty) on one of you? Ideally I'll just find a rat or something, but you know how hard it is to find living creatures out here, and I don't know when we'll be back at someplace living.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd make a your soul joke, but the only spell you have that I'm interested in is Soulbind, so no, your soul is not worth getting 'healed' for, sorry.

We could trade knowledge when we get a turn to rest, though. I'll teach you protect or something, in exchange for Soulbind.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Aw man, my sort of role model just told me my soul wasn't worth eating. That's just tragic, in a way you can't really understand unless you wield foul magics. :-[

But I'm not interested in life spells, just the experience.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

FORCE BLAST THAT M.F.

But, if I'm hurt and shit, take my last Salve of Healing!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:20:36 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Changing my action abit.

Apply my knowledge of Shockwave and make it possible for me to Shockwave whenever I channel magic energy towards my legs and stomp really hard. Apply newfound spell to the assassins head. Stone Spirit heals Marcus or Dunib Hellbinder.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Demons know sepuku. [Turn 61]
« Reply #1272 on: October 13, 2010, 11:35:26 am »

Do that again, but on the hunter this time.
Quite literally shocked by your findings, or at least a small amount of static electricity, you try to apply the same effect to the demon hunter. (4+1) You manipulate the energy surrounding the hunter with expert finesse, (Luck 6) which creates a powerful shield around the hunter.

+3 to Metamagic
New Spell: Aegis

Such a dangerous action, and yet, to know one's enemy is a powerful advantage. Don't stop killing, I'm mostly doing this because I need the experience. Letting it live is too hazardous.

I'll attempt to bind the hunter as a minion.
My skeleton will attack the hunter after I cast my spell.

You try to bind the weakened demon's soul as a minion, (2+1) attempting to hold the creature's soul in place. (Luck 3) The demon resists your attempts to bind it.

+1 to Necromancy

Your skeleton attacks the hunter, (6) striking out with it's blade. (RTD 5-1) The demon partially evades, and the attack is negated by it's protective enchantment.
Hunter, meet axe. Axe, Meet brain matter.
You charge at the hunter, (3+1) aiming directly for it's head. (RTD 3-1) Your attack hits the hunter head-on, but doesn't manage to completely overcome the demon's defenses, leaving it hanging on by a shred.

+3 to Axes

hahah I'm really surprised that I didn't blow myself up, awesome ability though
Attempt to use The Device on the assassin hunter to capture it's very essence within a solid alchemtical type substance.
I'm not affraid, I consider any time since I survived Dragnar to be borrowed time.
Curious about the operation of your new machine, you test it out on the hunter. (6) Your device immediately absorbs the aegis effect, (Luck 1) But the device shudders and breaks down. You will need to repair it before using it again.

You charge at the assassin, (3+3) aiming right for his neck. (RTD 3-1) Your blade buries itself in the demon, tearing through it's hide.

You calm down, your bloodlust alleviated.

+3 to Swords

ULTIMATE ICE ARMOR MODE ON. Protect Arcanthus with my body.

Give him a healing salve if no one else heals him.

You try to create a protective shield of ice, (1+1) but your spell fizzles (Luck 4) and fades away.

+1 to Elementalism

FORCE BLAST THAT M.F.

But, if I'm hurt and shit, take my last Salve of Healing!

You charge up a blast of force energy, (1+3) releasing it at the demon hunter. (RTD 6-2) The blast just wings the demon, but is enough to finish the hunter off. 

You then apply the salve to your wounds, and you feel much, much better.

Changing my action abit.

Apply my knowledge of Shockwave and make it possible for me to Shockwave whenever I channel magic energy towards my legs and stomp really hard. Apply newfound spell to the assassins head. Stone Spirit heals Marcus or Dunib Hellbinder.

You attempt to use your hammer to create a shockwave, but fidn that you are still holding that metal shard. . (1) You charge at the demon anyway, striking the ground next to it. (Luck 1+1) this causes the shard to reverberate, cutting your hand in several places.

The demon assassin spontaneously implodes, because I'm not going to make you guys spend an entire turn fighting a monster with 1 HP left.

The stone spirit goes to heal Marcus, (5+1) removing his poison.
-----

The group spends a while regaining their bearings as they prepare to head off towards the Juggernaught's Lair. I'll test out that travel turn idea here... Lets see, I will allow 3 standard actions or 1 training action

-----
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 13, 2010, 12:12:42 pm »

So much to be done, so little time...

Use metamagic and/or hatchet to fashion hexagonal shield out of hunter/assassin carapace.
Inscribe Rune of Pain on shield with said hunter's blood.
Bind hunter's soul to shield.

Would that work? I should probably be decursing or something but... stuff!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 13, 2010, 01:52:19 pm »

Hmm... Kind of pushing it, but I'll allow it.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 120