Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230935 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Intense Combat [Turn 59]
« Reply #1245 on: October 08, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »

Yeah, I was wondering about their abilities, seeing as... well, let's just say souls are involved.

Given how good they are at dodging (or were at dodging... I think they've ranged from +3 to +0...) a rune of warding might get some benefit, but my plan was a rune of pain. Given how malicious they are, I'd think that might gain some potency.

Of course, the last person to carve a rune of pain ultimately died because of it. Wait no, that was a rune of harm. Still can't count on it working as intended, but I should be relatively safe.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 08, 2010, 06:39:50 pm »

Just remember not to try and carve it on something you are wearing or on yourself, about 3 people have died from that. 
Also I approve of anyone using my soul if i die, just try and resurrect me first, maybe in a slightly..... better body ;D
Nom nom nom

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 08, 2010, 07:13:36 pm »

I didn't die from wearing badly runed armour, I died because I tripped over my new armour once and went "SCREW IT, I'M GOING IN NAKED".
NOT THE BEES!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 08, 2010, 07:32:31 pm »

well I know someone lost an arm in Arcanum octet 1 from a badly runed gauntlet.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 08, 2010, 07:44:44 pm »

Slander. I mangled my arm in a series of unfortunate accidents in a smithy, then lost it completely when I tried to make a rune of regeneration in the dirt.

It turned out alright in the end, however, as I eventually successfully cast regeneration at myself.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 08, 2010, 07:46:34 pm »

ah right..... I hope I don't blow up again, 2 times is enough for one rtd...
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 08, 2010, 09:37:45 pm »

Just remember not to try and carve it on something you are wearing or on yourself, about 3 people have died from that.
Yeah, I know. This did work out surprisingly well for Kin, though.

Also I approve of anyone using my soul if i die, just try and resurrect me first, maybe in a slightly..... better body ;D
MAD SCIENCE AUTHORIZED. INITIATING LAUGHTER PROTOCOL.

And yeah, stuff like the arm incident is why I'm wary of trying to use healing magic on myself, at least directly. Suffice to say I have better plans for it, though.

EDIT: Also new turn soon? I'm positively BRIMMING with bad ideas I need to try out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:41:33 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1252 on: October 09, 2010, 03:27:24 am »

Well, my Rune of Power x2 was really a stroke of luck. Especially since I carved them into my arm. While it worked to my advantage I was going more for the brute force power rather than spell power, but as you can see, with the Rune of Power I have it easier casting advanced spells 66.6% of the time.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 09, 2010, 02:43:25 pm »

You actually didn't get all that lucky on the second one. Lucky enough to not carve your arm off, sure.

But I'm curious, do you prefer casting or clubbing?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 09, 2010, 03:07:37 pm »

Normally I go for casting in fantasy settings, but this time I wanted to try something new. Ended up with specializing in casting anyway but this made me realize I should try to come up with hybrid skills such as the Shockwave (hammer against earth and all that).

Also, I started to join RTDs around the time when Arcanum Octet I got its first rune based granade.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: A wonderful day for SCI- erm, MAGIC! [Turn 60]
« Reply #1255 on: October 09, 2010, 03:37:15 pm »

Aiee! It just doesn't want to close! Who's bright idea was it to open portals to other planes, anyway?

Skeleton guards Aarchan.
I shall continue closing the rift.
It really would be quite irresponsible for me to leave it here.

You keep up your efforts (2+2) slowly but steadily shrinking the rift. (Luck 4) You manage to seal the gap.

+2 to Summoning

Teach the Assassin a lesson in mortality by cutting it's head off.
You charge at the assassin, (5+3) howling with rage. (RTD 6) The assassin jumps away from you, and your sword only manages to scratch it's armor.

+2 to Swords
ow just.... ow
Attempt to use the magical conversion device on the portal to convert the magical essence of the portal into a solid alchemical stone.

You try and convert the rift into an alchemical substance, but the rift is already closed. (6) Besides, the device is supposed to convert things into magical energy, but the other way around... Though... If you modify it... (4) Yes... Yes! You manage to improve the apparatus so you can now turn energy into various compounds. You truly are a mad genius.

I thought chill only lowered enemy RTD. SORRY GUYS I AM USELESS SUPPORT CLASS.

Frost on the leader demon, or whatever is attack Aarchan.
You throw a wave of frost at the demon leader, (3+3) engulfing it. (RTD 3) The demon's movement is slowing considerably.

+2 to Elementalism

KILL THE DEMON THAT IRONYOWL IS NOT ATTACKING BROSKI

You grab your blade and run at the leader, (4+2) swinging wildly. (RTD 6-1) The assassin tries to evade, but you catch up to him and swing at his arm, cutting through parts of his armor.

+2 to Swords

Sublimate the hunter. Unless that's a passive effect, in which case, Cleave!
You reach out to the wounded hunter (6+1) and tear it's remaining energy from it's broken body. (Luck 1) The energy lashes out at you, and you fail to absorb it properly.

+2 to Demonology

You know, I think I'm gonna change my action. If you've already done the rolls or something just keep it, but otherwise

Create a magic shield around me.
Despite being ignored by both demons, you feel increasingly threatened and try to form a protective shield. (1+1) You can't make your magic to do what you want to however, (Luck 1) and it seems to backfire completely, making you more vulnerable than ever before.

Man, missing out for two days and I see alot of Fun ideas when I'm back.

Since I'm still in the pit I crumble the dirt around me, turning it into a antlion trap, trapping anyone too close. Any demon that ends up in the middle (where I am) will be attacked by me. Stone Spirit heals Aarchan.
You collapse the surrounding earth, (3+2) creating a massive landslide. (Luck 3) Nothing gets caught in your trap though. How disappointing.

Your spirit goes to heal Aarchan, (4+1) imbuing him with soothing earth energy. (Luck 3) He starts healing rapidly.

The assassin strikes at Marcus with both weapons (6+2)(3+2) driven by hatred. (RTD 5)(RTD 6) Marcus parries the dagger with his own, but the sword cuts through his armor and inflicts a pretty nasty wound.

The hunter lunges at Dunib, (4+2) with it's mouth open wide. (RTD 3-1) The hunter latches onto his arm, and actually bites through his bronze plate.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demon Ambush (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:44:08 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Do that again, but on the hunter this time.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Such a dangerous action, and yet, to know one's enemy is a powerful advantage. Don't stop killing, I'm mostly doing this because I need the experience. Letting it live is too hazardous.

I'll attempt to bind the hunter as a minion.
My skeleton will attack the hunter after I cast my spell.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Hunter, meet axe. Axe, Meet brain matter.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Arcanum Octet II: A wonderful day for MAGIC! [Turn 60]
« Reply #1259 on: October 09, 2010, 06:11:03 pm »

"Snipe" the assassin with a well placed Stone and heal Marcus or Dunib Hellbinder afterwards. Stone Spirit follows suit.

Is it possible that crumbling dirt is something so mundane task that I don't get anything from it or is it just because my high skill level? Because if it is any of them I might replace the Stone with either a higher rank spell or just figure out a way to do an over-the-top spell because if there is something worth killing, it is worth overkilling, right?

Edit: Changed action.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 01:41:02 am by KineseN »

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 120