Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230958 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Intense Combat [Turn 59]
« Reply #1230 on: October 07, 2010, 11:56:04 pm »

Also I want to learn Life magic but it scares me.
Aww, but it caused so much Fun!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:59 am »

True... I suppose it might be more accurate to say I want to learn life magic but casting it on myself scares me. If I could find some dupes willing to let an unskilled healer experiment on them I'd be all for it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 08, 2010, 12:09:11 am »

True... I suppose it might be more accurate to say I want to learn life magic but casting it on myself scares me. If I could find some dupes willing to let an unskilled healer experiment on them I'd be all for it.

What sort of fools desperate for a healer do you take us for? Never!

I'll take two shots of Inflict light wounds, please.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 08, 2010, 01:16:41 am »

You know, I think I'm gonna change my action. If you've already done the rolls or something just keep it, but otherwise

Create a magic shield around me.

My old action just seemed so damn useful I didn't want to give it up, but it's just not what I want to do right now. No worries, I still intend to have the demon serve me. Cue ominous laughter.

What sort of fools desperate for a healer do you take us for? Never!

I'll take two shots of Inflict light wounds, please.
Oh, I don't intend to become a regular healer like Cheddarius was; that sounds boring. I'm just in it for the buffs, emergency healing, and magic items.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1234 on: October 08, 2010, 03:13:30 am »

Man, missing out for two days and I see alot of Fun ideas when I'm back.

Since I'm still in the pit I crumble the dirt around me, turning it into a antlion trap, trapping anyone too close. Any demon that ends up in the middle (where I am) will be attacked by me. Stone Spirit heals Aarchan.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 08, 2010, 11:13:00 am »

Oh, I don't intend to become a regular healer like Cheddarius was; that sounds boring. I'm just in it for the buffs, emergency healing, and magic items.

Being a Vitamancer is only boring if you make it boring by standing around and healbotting. I mean, Cheddarius never even tried to mutate somebody.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 08, 2010, 11:14:46 am »

Why bother trying? It happened quite often when he wasn't trying anyway...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 08, 2010, 02:35:17 pm »

Being a Vitamancer is only boring if you make it boring by standing around and healbotting. I mean, Cheddarius never even tried to mutate somebody.
I wouldn't want to be a pure Vitamancer, but I know it's got a ton of useful effects that I want. I just didn't want anyone thinking my reckless experimentation with one of the most fatal magics in the game was intended to produce a literal healer.

Why bother trying? It happened quite often when he wasn't trying anyway...
Life magic covers just about everything about the body. In theory, you could mutate someone to have an armored hide, extra arms, or natural regeneration. Failure would likely be swift and brutal, but most of Chedd's incidents were just straight healing gone awry; he never really did anything ambitious with it.

Incidentally, does anyone have any actual plans for beating the Juggernaut's armor? I know we're not quite there yet, but bum rushing The Guardian Of Hell doesn't seem like a very sound plan, especially when at least two of us are melee-oriented.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 08, 2010, 02:39:49 pm »

I really hope I live through this, I'm having fun as a hybrid alchemist/crazed knifeman.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 08, 2010, 02:41:27 pm »

Incidentally, does anyone have any actual plans for beating the Juggernaut's armor?
Naw, planning's for the weak. I'll probably just try a localized unsummon of certain pieces of his armor or something.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 08, 2010, 02:43:47 pm »

I'm considering takeing the earth-blade, blessing it with holy water and the symbol of justice, then using my hadeshorn brew (legendary potion of ultimate weapon making) on it and hoping I can survive the extreme power long enough to destroy the demon, and maybe through a twist of fate join with the soul in the dagger and become a super-weapon from god.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 08, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »

That reminds me, does demon ichor have any special properties that we know of? And have you ever tried mixing it with human blood to see what happens?

I uh, might be considering drawing runes in demon ichor. Just a thought.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 08, 2010, 04:07:10 pm »

well I mixed it with holy water and it burned a pretty good hole in the floor, so ya it has some... unusual properties, want the last bit of mine?
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 08, 2010, 06:21:49 pm »

Nah, I'll harvest it straight from the tap, so to speak.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 08, 2010, 06:24:09 pm »

I have a feeling that generic ichor and that of an assassin/hunter will have extremely different properties, mayhaps a invisibility effect from the assassin?
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 120