Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230967 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Fumble fumble [Turn 58]
« Reply #1200 on: October 05, 2010, 01:46:28 am »

With a firm but manly slap on the rear, if necessary.
...If you so dare as touch my ass I'll kick yours half way across the world. ::)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 05, 2010, 10:36:51 am »

Attempt to magnify Tarran's physical strength.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You do realize you don't actually know any life magic, right? Because that is what it would usually be associated with...

With a firm but manly slap on the rear, if necessary.
...If you so dare as touch my ass I'll kick yours half way across the world. ::)

You're the one not wearing clothes  :P
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 05, 2010, 04:50:47 pm »

You do realize you don't actually know any life magic, right? Because that is what it would usually be associated with...
I was going for metamagic, but I suppose I should ask what it's actually capable of. It's supposed to do "change," but it's only ever been used for hack enchanting and force effects.

On that note, what does Darkness do?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 05, 2010, 06:33:38 pm »

Hmm... I should have probably added a descriptor acronym to that spell.

Anyway, Darkness creates a sphere of, well, darkness that inhibits the travel of energy, so those inside of it see nothing but blackness and all sounds are supressed. In short, it is a sensory deprivation sphere, useful for temporarily inhibiting those inside from doing much other than wandering around aimlessly until they find their way out. Smarter creatures will probably figure out how to move in a straight line and get out sooner.

Metamagic as a school focuses on external effects, usually manipulating matter or energy. Force falls into this category because you are moving matter. Darkness is a metamagic spell because it blocks light and sound. A spell that blinded and deafened something would fall under Life Magic, because it is enfeebling the creature, not manipulating energy. Other possible metamagic spells could be something that reduces the weight of an object, creating a flare of light somewhere, firing a blast of raw magic, making some sort of neutralization barrier that negates incoming energy and thus acts as a shield.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 05, 2010, 08:40:14 pm »

Huh. So it's more or less Morrowind's Alteration.

In that case, drive Tarran into an unholy frenzy. This will end well!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 05, 2010, 08:58:09 pm »

If this goes badly you can guess who's going to be the first(other then me) to feel it. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 05, 2010, 08:59:27 pm »

Well logically you'd just go berserk on the thing right in front of you- the demons. It's just Murphy's Law that says you'll promptly turn around and butcher me like a hog. :P

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 05, 2010, 09:24:50 pm »

That works.

Before or after Tarran goes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 06, 2010, 02:47:37 am »

Before of course. Gotta have him gutting whatever he's going to be gutting at full power.

EDIT: Also what does Armor User do?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:51:21 am by IronyOwl »

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 06, 2010, 11:20:03 am »

Meh. Chill. Their +RTD is ridiculous.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Intense Combat [Turn 59]
« Reply #1210 on: October 06, 2010, 01:37:47 pm »

With the new situation at hand I turn it to my advantage by using my knowledge in Earth magic to drill myself into the earthen wall in the direction I belive the demons are. Suprise demons with a new spell called Earthen Jaws, a variant of Grave Embrace.

Also, Stone Spirit heals Marcus.
You stand in the pit for a moment, thinking about what to do, when you come up with an ingenious plan. (5) You use your earth magic to rapidly burrow underneath one of the demons, (Luck 4+1) then pull the ground away from underneath it while simultaneously trying to crush it between two massive slabs of stone. (RTD 3-1) The demon completely fails to anticipate your attack, and is caught in the insidious trap, heavily wounded and unable to move.

+4 to Elementalism
New Spell: Earthen Jaws

Kin's Stone Spirit moves to heal Marcus by imbuing him with earth magic, (1+1) which doesn't seem to have a very large effect. (Luck 6) His wounds do heal a little, though.

My skeleton guards Marcus.
I'll try to close this rift. The practice should be useful in the future.

Trying to keep your cool in the face of the tear in reality, you try to seal the rift. (2+2) You use your knowledge of summoning to control the rift, then try to close it. (Luck 3) The unstable tear doesn't vanish like you intended, but you did manage to stop it from growing any larger.

+2 to Summoning
+1 to Demonology

Deciding that the best way to contribute to the fight is to send your allies into a berserk rage, you decide to enhance Tarran's combat skills. (6+1) You imbue him with an abundance of wild magic, (Luck 6) which engulfs his body before he lets out a fell scream and charges at the nearest demon.

+3 to Metamagic
New Spell: Berserk

Slice-n-dice the Demon Hunter attacking Marcus with my sword.
Enhanced by Davot's powerful magic, you charge at the nearby demon hunter. (5+3) You attack the demon with a massive swing, (RTD 3) moving so fast that the demon barely has time to react. Your sword cleaves through the demon's exoskeleton, splitting the creature in two and sending ichor spraying everywhere.

+3 to Swords

Smile and take the demon assassin's surprise to my advantage, and ram my blessed dagger into the nearest part of it to me.
A grin crosses your face as you rush the demon assassin. (6+1) You drive your dagger straight at the demon, (RTD 3) which hesitates and loses it's advantage. The dagger sinks through it's breastplate and buries itself in the demon's chest.. or what you would guess to be it's chest, you can't really be sure of the anatomy of these things.

+4 to Daggers

If I'm still heavily damaged, I use a salve. If not, I cast force slash at the bastard that hit me.
You look down at yourself and determine that yes, you are still very wounded. You grab a healing salve and start applying it to the slashes that the demon inflicted, which stop burning and slowly start to heal.

Aim for the spine!

You strike at your foe again, aiming for his back. (6+1) Your axe flies towards the demon with surprising speed, (RTD 6) but the demon leaps out of the way with equally surprising speed.  As the demon jumps away, you shift the movement of your axe and catch the demon's leg, inflicting a nasty wound on it's leg and impairing it's movement.

+3 to Axes

Meh. Chill. Their +RTD is ridiculous.

You follow up everyone's attacks with a chill, hoping to turn the odds in your favor. (5+3) A massive cold settles over the battlefield, (Luck 3) slowing down everyone and freezing the air so that people can now see their breath. 

+2 to Elementalism

The demon leader retaliates against Aarchan (6+2)(1+2) The assassin lashes out with it's sword and dagger, the sword headed straight at Aarchan with great speed, the dagger considerably less so. (RTD 6-1)(RTD 5-1) Aarchan easily avoids the dagger, but the sword slashes across his arm, the serrated edge ripping through his flesh and burning like fire, causing heavy blood loss. Despite his grave injuries Aarchan is already starting to heal on his own, but one more attack could probably do him in.

The demon hunter continues his fight against Dunib, (3+2) lashing out with it's claws. (RTD 5-2) Dunib partially evades the attack, but his armor protects him from the creature's claws.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demon Ambush (click to show/hide)

The chill also gives everyone except Virroken -1 RTD.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 06, 2010, 01:51:22 pm »

Aiee! It just doesn't want to close! Who's bright idea was it to open portals to other planes, anyway?

Skeleton guards Aarchan.
I shall continue closing the rift.
It really would be quite irresponsible for me to leave it here.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 06, 2010, 03:48:56 pm »

Teach the Assassin a lesson in mortality by cutting it's head off.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 06, 2010, 04:43:32 pm »

ow just.... ow
Attempt to use the magical conversion device on the portal to convert the magical essence of the portal into a solid alchemical stone.
Nom nom nom

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 06, 2010, 04:46:01 pm »

I thought chill only lowered enemy RTD. SORRY GUYS I AM USELESS SUPPORT CLASS.

Frost on the leader demon, or whatever is attack Aarchan.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 120