Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230974 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Rest, Relaxation and Recruiting [Turn 56]
« Reply #1170 on: September 27, 2010, 09:24:36 am »

Yes! A new turn has cometh!

Be really excitited and start an experiment with the dagger by channeling enery from it to Stone Spirit hopefully enabling its Earthen Heal to work on several targets at once or able to learn new attacks/skills a la Cheddarius' Meat Golem but to a higher degree.

((Retcon turn 55.5: Laugh at the still upside down carriage, but leave the Earth Elemental be.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 27, 2010, 03:44:25 pm »

should you atleast try and talk to the dagger first?
Nom nom nom

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1172 on: September 27, 2010, 04:11:19 pm »

I should, but then again, Kin doesn't know that there might be a soul bound to the dagger. Kin might talk to it once he get the hang on his precious...

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 30, 2010, 05:45:37 pm »

Sent a PM to Dwarmin asking for his character. If he doesn't reply by this weekend, I'll probably bump him down the waiting list and add IronyOwl in his place.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II:Break-In [Turn 57]
« Reply #1174 on: October 02, 2010, 02:17:18 pm »

Ask my new teammates to carve a rune of warding on my armor. Also practice with my Axe.

You request a rune of warding upon your armor, but everybody seems too preoccupied to help you. You shrug and go swing your axe around a bit. (6) Your axe slams into one of the wooden support pillars of the tunnel, (Luck 3) which just barely doesn't break. You holster your weapon and quickly walk away while whistling inconspicuously.

Yay, finally.

Attempt to bind some life magic healing to my shield, so it continually heals the wearer.
Ignoring the stares and disgusted looks from everyone around you, you start trying to magically enhance your shield. (2) You can't figure out any way to accomplish such a task. (Luck 6) Despite your very best efforts, you only end up getting really frustrated.

Look around and attempt to find some type of metal armor.
You look around for some metal armor. (2) Unfortunately, you can't find any lying around in these slums. (Luck 1) You can't fathom why people don't leave protective vestaments lying around in the middle of a demonic war.

I vote we hang around here for this turn, then head out to face the tank-like boss.

I read my new book on a way to, in order of preference, purify, exorcise, or banish our foes.

No! I don't wanna take hints that they can't be purified! They deserve purity! ... Or a cleansing of their corrupted nature, to make them non-evil. It doesn't do much good to turn them pure evil, if they aren't already. I have no interest in a spell that turns anything pure evil, and will not be wasting my book searching for such a useless thing.

You start paging through the demonology book. (3) The book is more related to bindings and rituals with several spells and abjurations thrown in, and you can't really find much pertaining to demons. (Luck 3) Using your knowledge of summoning however, you are able to develop a spell that will send lesser demons (and indeed, even non-demons) to Hell, though stronger creatures may be able to fight off the spell.

+2 to Demonology
New Spell: Banish

I read my book for a way to unleash a storm of small, but very sharp force bullets.
You start paging through your book, looking for ways to utilize force magic even more effectively. (1) Unfortunately, your book seems to actually be written in some obscure language that you can't understand (Luck 1) and the longer you stare at the pages the more confused you become.

Read book. Get phat skeelz and leet spells. And experience.
You also sit down and start paging through your book. (6) Your tome actually seems to be written in normal words, and you understand it perfectly. (Luck 4) The book has several fairly standard spells, and you learn how to create a small blizzard.

+3 to Elementalism
New Spell: Ice Storm

Yes! A new turn has cometh!

Be really excitited and start an experiment with the dagger by channeling enery from it to Stone Spirit hopefully enabling its Earthen Heal to work on several targets at once or able to learn new attacks/skills a la Cheddarius' Meat Golem but to a higher degree.

((Retcon turn 55.5: Laugh at the still upside down carriage, but leave the Earth Elemental be.))
You try to focus the earth magic imbued in the dagger, (3+1) using your earth magic and minor skill in necromancy to prevent the magic from overwhelming you. (Luck 6) You then try to channel energy to your stone spirit, but the magic proves to be too powerful for it. On the bright side, you have a better idea of the dagger's properties now.

+2 to Elementalism
+2 to Necromancy

EDIT: Accidentally posted before I finished writing the turn... Ahem:

-----
The group leaves the refugee camp and heals towards the infamous cave of the juggernaught, believed to be the lair of Moloch, the Eternal Guardian of Hell. (Luck 5) As they travel, Dunib suddenly stops. "I don't hear... anything. Not even a helltoad." He wields his axe and looks around warily, as a group of demons suddenly materializes around the ground. Unlike the common skeletal soldier demons with blacked skin, these demons have elongated limbs and position themselves in a crouch, ready to spring. They are covered with a thick carapace, and have oddly flat heads with slightly curved horns gorwing behind their ears. Rows of razor-sharp teeth line their mouths, and they have wicked looking claws that are caked with blood. Most are unarmed, but one wears an odd cruiass decorated with a variety of symbols and wields a barbed sword in one hand and a thin dagger in the other.
-----
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demon Ambush (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:53:57 am by RandomNumberGenerator »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 02, 2010, 02:32:58 pm »

Come to think of it, what happened to the book I accidentally turned myself into a giant monster with?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 02, 2010, 02:38:40 pm »

Alright, I updated the waiting list finally, though I think I'm forgetting somebody. If you want to be in and you're not on there, please post here again and I'll add you ASAP instead of putting it off like I've done.
Come to think of it, what happened to the book I accidentally turned myself into a giant monster with?

It was absorbed into your body when you turned into the monster. Where else do you think your chaos magic came from?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Breaking In [Turn 57]
« Reply #1177 on: October 02, 2010, 02:47:09 pm »

I test out my shiny new Banish spell on one of the hunters.
My skeleton guards me.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:10:59 pm by Nirur Torir »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 02, 2010, 02:47:38 pm »

...I have no clothes?

Well, gonna have to fix that. :P

Kinda busy to get some right now though.

Taunt a hunter into attacking me instead of anyone else. If he charges stand my ground and attempt to get the first strike on him.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 02, 2010, 02:48:29 pm »

Cast shield of faith on myself, and ready my blessed Iron Dagger for a counter-attack.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 02, 2010, 02:53:40 pm »

...I have no clothes?

You specifically requested shoes, but made no mention of any other kind of garment.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 02, 2010, 02:59:49 pm »

also anyone got any anti-curse spells..... this curse on me is gonna get me eventually.
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 02, 2010, 03:00:32 pm »

...I have no clothes?

You specifically requested shoes, but made no mention of any other kind of garment.
Err... I guess I didn't. I assumed you would've gave me some anyway. Whatever, it doesn't matter, I'll just kill anyone who stares at me in a strange way.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:02:50 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 02, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »

also anyone got any anti-curse spells..... this curse on me is gonna get me eventually.
Me, apparently. I'll try removing it next turn, but would much rather practice this spell this turn.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 02, 2010, 03:17:32 pm »

don't worry until the fight is over, I've had it since we fought dragnar.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 120