Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230885 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh... This could be bad. [Turn 45]
« Reply #990 on: August 20, 2010, 07:03:33 pm »

Looks like Death Dragnar will be ganking the players in reverse order of seniority. Classy!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh... This could be bad. [Turn 45]
« Reply #991 on: August 20, 2010, 07:17:16 pm »

Of course, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with him shooting not-me in the head...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Unfriendly Fire [Turn 46]
« Reply #992 on: August 21, 2010, 11:40:18 am »

For some reason I thought we were missing someone, but then I realized there is only 6 actions because the others are dead. So... new turn.

I continue my attempt to control the carriage, while my skeleton continues distracting the remaining minions.
You continue trying to exert control over the carriage, (6+1) forcibly manipulating it. (Luck 3) You don't manage to get the carriage to serve you, but you can now control it like a puppet.

+2 to Necromancy

Fine, I use Scin's salve on Nirur!

You dodge a snap from the hellhound's jaws and swing your blade at him. The brutal fighting goes back and fourth and... wait... what is that smell? *sniff sniff* Smells like... LOOOOOOOOOOT! You immediately stop fighting the hounds and rush over to your fallen comrade, snatching up a small tin of medicine from his corpse. You cradle it against your chest for a moment before noticing one of your dying companions calling out for help, then grudgingly use your new salve to heal him. Such a selfless act, you should be like, a saint or something.

Use my knowledge of alchemical properties and mix a conconction from the ingredients I have to cause the gelatin to become a non-acid healing gel, and force it to absorb into my body via the sores it's created.

I may die, or I may cause myself to become part gelatin.... FUN
You decide there is no problem that experimental alchemy can cause, that experimental alchemy can't fix. (3) You fight off the nausea, (4+3) then decide to mix the lotus extract, died arae and myou's grace together. (Luck 5-1) You end up with a small vial of a light-blue substance, which you pour on your gelatin. (Luck 4) The gelatin glows brightly for a second, and the burning is replaced by a soothing sensation. You then attempt to absorb the gelatin (6) and somehow suck the entire thing into your veins, which stings for a while before being replaced by a numbing sensation. Suddenly all your your wounds heal, and you feel EXCELLENT!

+4 to Alchemy
New Recipe: Experimental Tonic

Cast Curative Aura 2: Electric Boogaloo
You hastily attempt to fix your mistake (1+1) but fail to reverse the damaging effects of your magic. (Luck 2) Instead, you end up sending harmful jolts of electricity at everyone.

Bad, Fun. What's the difference?

Anyway, if this is how it will end I will summon forth a larger earth elemental to take care of Doom Dragnar. See also if Stone Spirit can empower its heal to work like Cheddarius Curative Aura. See if Stone Spirit can possess the body of Scintoth Svadi, unless anyone want to revive him the normal way.
You try to summon another more powerful earth entity, (6+1) and open a portal to the elemental plane of earth. (Luck 6+1) A giant earth elemental appears, (Luck 3) Which doesn't seem to care much for your orders to attack former-Dragnar, but at least doesn't seem hostile.

+3 to Summoning
+1 to Elementalism

Frost on doom dragnar.

You build up another wave of cold energy (6+3)  and throw it at the abomination. (Luck 1) Unfortunately the newly summoned earth elemental got in your way, and it doesn't seem too happy about being frozen.

+2 to Elementalism

Nirur's skeleton attacks the hounds, (5) delivering a powerful slash. (RTD 1) The hound mistakes the attack for a feint and walks right into it, resulting in its demise.

Kin's earth spirt pokes the deceased Scintoth, (4+1) trying to heal him in some way. (Luck 5+1) The spirit ends up possessing his corpse, turning it into some sort of golem-undead hybrid.

The hellhound leaps at Nirur (2) but misjudges his attack, (Luck 5) and Nirur keeps his cool and is able to counter the hound.

Dragnar starts casting another spell, similar yet somehow completely different from the others. (4+1) He unleashes a blast of green energy in the midst of the group, (Luck 2) but the blast seems rather impotent. (Resist 1)(Resist 3)(Resist 3)(Resist 2)(Resist 5)(Resist 5) The weakened Nirur is afflicted by the spell, but everyone else shrugs it off without much difficulty.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 21, 2010, 12:06:45 pm »

Instead, you end up sending harmful jolts of electricity at everyone.

Heh heh. If you survive Cheddarius, I want to learn that spell from you...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 21, 2010, 12:19:46 pm »

He didn't actually learn how to do that, that was just the negative effect from his spell backfiring. I suppose he could try to learn how to do such a thing on purpose later, though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 21, 2010, 12:48:31 pm »

How does controlling the carriage affect my normal actions? I assume I can't just order it around like a normal minion, but does controlling it take my action? Will I be able to take a normal action if I order it to remain motionless?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 21, 2010, 12:53:19 pm »

Ordering the carriage to do something (attack, move, etc.) would take your action, yes. Having it remain still... Hmm, I would probably let you take a normal action at a -1 skill penalty for being distracted. Otherwise you can either attempt to gain full control(were it would become your minion as normal) or release it and do something else.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 21, 2010, 01:09:20 pm »

I will use my healing salve which I don't remember having.
I will cast Frost on the slightly unfriendly Dragnar.
The carriage will remain still.
My skeleton will attack the last hound.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 21, 2010, 02:05:21 pm »

Help Nirur frost doomgnar. SUPER EPIC FREEZE TEAM POWAH BABY

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 21, 2010, 03:22:18 pm »

Cast Curative Aura 3: Revenge Of The Curative Aura

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1000 on: August 21, 2010, 06:20:32 pm »

Ooooh yeah! Who's the man? Golem Svadi is the man!

I try my luck once more to see if I can keep control of the Giant Earth Elemental (GEE for short) permanently while Golem Svadi (GS for short) try out its new body by shooting an arrow towards Doom Dragnar.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 22, 2010, 12:04:21 am »

USE THE OTHER SALVE ON NIRUR

(There is one in his inventory, RNG.)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 22, 2010, 08:28:52 am »

well I certainly hope that effect sticks around, anyways.
Draw my iron knife, pour holy water on it, then attack the hellhound.
SLICE AND DICE!!!!
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Yet Another Boss Monster [Turn 47]
« Reply #1003 on: August 22, 2010, 10:14:55 am »

Ordering the carriage to do something (attack, move, etc.) would take your action, yes. Having it remain still... Hmm, I would probably let you take a normal action at a -1 skill penalty for being distracted. Otherwise you can either attempt to gain full control(were it would become your minion as normal) or release it and do something else.

Nirur attempts to frost the abomination, (1) but due to being distracted by the carriage, is unable to summon the proper magic. (Luck 4) Fortunately there seem to be no negative side-effects; He simply can't summon the magic. Unperturbed, he reaches into his robe for the tin of salve he forgot he had, and applies it to his wounds.

Help Nirur frost doomgnar. SUPER EPIC FREEZE TEAM POWAH BABY
Hoping to succeed were Nirur failed, (2+3) Virroken creates a giant sphere of ice. (Luck 4) He manages to hit the correct target this time.

+2 to Elementalism

Cast Curative Aura 3: Revenge Of The Curative Aura
Desperate to fix his mistake, Cheddarius tries some unorthodox magic. (1+1) The spell doesn't work correctly at all, (Luck 2) and now everyone is bleeding from their ears.

Ooooh yeah! Who's the man? Golem Svadi is the man!

I try my luck once more to see if I can keep control of the Giant Earth Elemental (GEE for short) permanently while Golem Svadi (GS for short) try out its new body by shooting an arrow towards Doom Dragnar.
Control 1-2+2: The elemental breaks free from any semblance of control Kin had over it, and flies into a berserk rampage.
Control 4+2: Kin manages to retain control over his spirit-golem, however.

+1 to Summoning

USE THE OTHER SALVE ON NIRUR

(There is one in his inventory, RNG.)
You try to heal Nirur with his own salve, (4) but notice he has already used it on himself. (Luck 6) Instead you take one of your own healing salves that you hadn't looted recently and use it. Man, Nirur really owes you big after this.

well I certainly hope that effect sticks around, anyways.
Draw my iron knife, pour holy water on it, then attack the hellhound.
SLICE AND DICE!!!!
You draw your knife and sip it into the holy water, then strike out at Dragnar. (1+3) Despite still feeling somewhat woozy from your sickness, the tonic you just used helps you in your fight. (RTD 4-1) Dragnar tries to avoid your attack, but burdened down by Virroken's Frost spell is unable to completely evade. Your knife hits the creature's tough scales and, to your surprise, melts right through them like acid. Maybe there is something to this whole holy water thing after all.

+3 to Daggers

Nirur's skeleton attacks the hound, (3) delivering a weak strike. (RTD 3-1) Despite this, the hound is unable to avoid the attack.

Kin's spirit-golem aims it's crossbow, (4-1) Firing at Dragnar. (RTD 5-1) Aware of the creature this time, the abomination manages to throw itself out of the way.

Close to death, the abomination flies into a blooded frenzy. It lashes out at Cheddarius, (1+2) thrashing wildly. (RTD 2) Caught off-guard, Cheddarius is hit by the blow and is heavily wounded.
The hellhound also turns to attack Cheddarius, (1) attacking with a maddened frenzy. (RTD 2) Cheddarius sort of manages to stagger away quickly.

Unburdened by thought, emotion and even instinct, the berserk elemental attacks a random target. He happens to pick Cheddarius as his victim, (6+1) lashing out with a colossal arm. (RTD 5) He attempts to dodge, but the enraged elemental clips his shoulder, knocking him to the ground, which gives the elemental all the chance it needs to finish him off.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius(Deceased) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 22, 2010, 10:17:03 am »

So I don't know what to say to this. Cheddarius' spell backfires a third time in a row, the unholy abomination is finally killed but in the process, Kin summons another berserking boss to deal with that ends up finishing off the wounded Cheddarius, who was half-dead as a result of his "healing" magic. At least the elemental should go down quite a bit easier...
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 120