Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230897 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh... this could be bad. [Turn 45]
« Reply #975 on: August 19, 2010, 08:35:29 pm »

I cast Control Undead on the carriage.
My skeleton will attack the newly summoned hostiles.

You attempt to control the carriage. (1+1) You exert your will on it (Luck 5) and try to break its bond to Dragnar. (Resist 5) The carriage resists your control, but you manage to immobilize it temporarily.

+2 to Necromancy
New Spell: Control Undead

Lift the animated gelatin, and throw it at doom-dragnar, tell it to grab him and slow him down.  Then back away from combat, behind my teammates.

Animated gelatin trys to slow doom dragnar and damage him.

You try to fight off the sickness (1) but fail. You feel like you are about to throw up, and reach down for your gelatin (1) but end up sticking your hand directly in the gelatin instead. (Luck 2-1) The gelatin starts dissolving your hand.

Might as well put the hand crossbow to use and fire some bolts at the abomination's face.
You retreat slightly and grab your crossbow (6) firing a bolt at the abomination. (RTD 1) Dragnar remains completely oblivious to your attack, and the bolt pierces his head, which causes him to roar loudly in anguish and send him into another frenzy.

+4 to Crossbows

Attack one of the Hellhounds with my both my weapons!

Marcus dives on a hound with his sword and dagger, (6-1)(2-1) His sword comes sweeping down (RTD 3) and slashes through the hound, (RTD 4) but his dagger is knocked aside.

+2 to Swords

Cast Curative Aura.
You conjure a ball of life energy (1+1) which you spread throughout the area. (Luck 1) Unfortunately your spell seems to back backfired, as the magic is slowly eating away at everyone's flesh instead of healing them.

I heal myself when I get away from DoomDragnar while Stone Spirit continue to heal Nirur Torir.
You retreat and start healing yourself. (5+3) Earth magic surges through your body (Luck 3+1) which heals you, counteracting the negative effect of Cheddarius' spell.

+2 to Elementalism

Frost hellhounds

You summon a wave of cold (2+3) and send it towards the hounds. (Luck 6) both get caught by the chill and are frozen.

+3 to Elementalism

Nirur's skeleton strikes at one of the hounds, (2) weakly scratching at it. (RTD 3-1) The hound isn't really effected by the attack.

Kilakan's gelatin slowly dissolves his hand, (6) powerful acids eating away at his flesh. (Resist 3) He is wounded by the acid.

Kin's Stone Spirit continues healing Nirur, (2+1) giving him small amounts of earth energy (Luck 3) which barely counteracts Cheddarius' harmful aura. 

The Abomination formerly known as Dragnar screams in rage, and charges at Scintoth. (6) It attacks with a powerful swipe (RTD 1) which completely passes through Scintoth's defenses; The Abomination's blood soaked claws rend his flesh to pieces. The creature howls in triumph over his broken body.

The hounds must want to chew on a bone, because both attack Nirur's skeleton. (3)(6) The wounded one staggers slightly, while the healthy one leaps at it. (RTD 1)(RTD 4) The skeleton is caught by both attacks, and is moderately damaged.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh... This could be bad.
« Reply #976 on: August 19, 2010, 08:41:53 pm »

You forgot the "[Turn 45]" in the (default/first page) title/subject.

Also: I have a feeling a lot of people are going to die soon.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:43:29 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 19, 2010, 08:42:06 pm »

Take the healing salve!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 19, 2010, 08:43:59 pm »

You have three. Use one on me please.

I continue my attempt to control the carriage, while my skeleton continues distracting the remaining minions.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 19, 2010, 08:45:30 pm »

Fine, I use Scin's salve on Nirur!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 19, 2010, 08:46:01 pm »

Use my knowledge of alchemical properties and mix a conconction from the ingredients I have to cause the gelatin to become a non-acid healing gel, and force it to absorb into my body via the sores it's created.

I may die, or I may cause myself to become part gelatin.... FUN
Nom nom nom

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh... This could be bad. [Turn 45]
« Reply #981 on: August 19, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »

Cast Curative Aura 2: Electric Boogaloo

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #982 on: August 20, 2010, 05:36:48 am »

Bad, Fun. What's the difference?

Anyway, if this is how it will end I will summon forth a larger earth elemental to take care of Doom Dragnar. See also if Stone Spirit can empower its heal to work like Cheddarius Curative Aura. See if Stone Spirit can possess the body of Scintoth Svadi, unless anyone want to revive him the normal way.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 20, 2010, 09:17:14 am »

wait who died, and how?
Nom nom nom

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #984 on: August 20, 2010, 09:21:56 am »

Funny enough, Sirdiesalot.

Quote from: RNG
The Abomination formerly known as Dragnar screams in rage, and charges at Scintoth. (6) It attacks with a powerful swipe (RTD 1) which completely passes through Scintoth's defenses; The Abomination's blood soaked claws rend his flesh to pieces. The creature howls in triumph over his broken body.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 20, 2010, 10:48:23 am »

Frost on doom dragnar. Dude needs to die already. If I'd frosted him last turn, would his RTD 1 vs crossbow be a 1-1 = 0 death? Fuuuuu missed opportunities.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:04 am »

Frost on doom dragnar. Dude needs to die already. If I'd frosted him last turn, would his RTD 1 vs crossbow be a 1-1 = 0 death? Fuuuuu missed opportunities.
No, an RTD of 0 is not an instant kill. The attack would have done a little more damage, but it wouldn't have killed him outright.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 20, 2010, 01:59:05 pm »

Shortest amount of time as a player ever award?

Ahh well, good game guys
NOT THE BEES!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 20, 2010, 02:08:42 pm »

Shortest amount of time as a player ever award?
Nah. That would be dying on the same turn you got in.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 20, 2010, 04:40:16 pm »

well I'm probably gonna go suicide bomber any turn now, so see ya in the afterlife!!
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 120