Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230865 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Horror [Turn 43]
« Reply #960 on: August 14, 2010, 08:39:36 pm »

Attempt to set the zombie on fire with Fireball.
burning undead... I can see this ending badly.
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 14, 2010, 08:40:51 pm »

Zombie survival rule number 1(well, probably something higher, but meh): The only thing worse than a zombie is a flaming zombie.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 14, 2010, 08:41:47 pm »

Zombie survival rule number 1(well, probably something higher, but meh): The only thing worse than a zombie is a flaming zombie.
I can confirm this. Flaming zombies aren't fun, though they're certainly Fun.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 14, 2010, 08:44:46 pm »

Fine, I change it to Force Bolting it, aiming to break its spine.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 14, 2010, 09:10:43 pm »

We never said you should stop. Look at dragnar! He knew it was a bad idea, but now, uh... now he's more powerful than ever! Yeah!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

I use Destroy Undead on the zombie. My skeleton will aid me if I fail to destroy it, otherwise it will continue attacking not-Dragnar.
You try to destroy the magic binding the zombie (6+3) You rip the enslaved soul from the zombie, and the corpse disintegrates into a fine ash. (Luck 1) Unfortunately the process was so violent that you destabilized the soul, (Luck 2) and it explodes, sending out magical shockwaves the rip everything nearby into shreds. (Resist 2) You are caught by the explosion and heavily wounded, though your skeleton seems to somehow evade the blast. (Resist 6) Nirur's skeleton manages to completely evade the blast by throwing itself on the ground, (Resist 1) while Cheddarius' golem, which was guarding Nirur, is heavily damaged.

+2 to Necromancy

I'll get up close and personal with doom-Dragnar and carve a rune of harm into him with my bone knife, preferably not in his hands or feet.

You charge at the abomination and try to carve a rune of harm into it's flesh. (3) Your plunge your dagger towards it (RTD 6) but the creature blocks you and counterattacks. (RTD 4) Your flesh is shredded by the creature's sharp claws, and you really wish you were wearing your armor right now.

my animated gelatin never attacked, could you edit it's attack now?
Mix a concoction of holy water, troll blood and myou's grace, then drink it, hopefully this should make me strong, de-cursed, and heal quickly.... I hope.

Have the gelatin attack the carriage, devouring it and ripping it's life force apart.

You quickly do some impromptu alchemy, (1+3) dumping several components into a flask and mixing them together. (Luck 6-3) The concoction boils and turns an odd shade of brown, but you drink it anyway. (Luck 3-3)(Luck 5-3)(Luck 2-3) It doesn't seem to have any effect on your curse, though you notice your heart rate speeds up somewhat and you feel rather sick. 

+3 to Alchemy

Cast Remove Curse on Aarchan.
My golem shields Nirur from harm.
You try to relieve Aarchan of his burden (6+3) and pour magic into him. (Luck 4) The magic quickly counters the curse effect, greatly weakening it though not removing it completely. The rapid decursing seems to have made Aarchan rather woozy however... or maybe that was the poison he just drank.

+2 to Healing

Pick up any shard of the black metal I can find, get close to Doom Dragnar and stab as many eyes I can with it. See if the Stone Spirit can Spire Doom Dragnar, otherwise just heal Nirur Torir.

You grab a shard of golem and charge the creature formerly known as Dragnar. (3) You try to sever his eye-stalks, (RTD 6) but the thing also counters your attack. (RTD 1) This time his claw catches you right in the gut, and you are severely wounded.

Jump onto battle carriage, carve rune of ice so it DIES SLOWLY FROM BEING FROZEN SOLID.

That's how runes work, right?
You jump towards the carriage (3+2-1) and start carving a rune of ice into the machine. (Luck 1) The rune seems to be completely ineffective, probably suppressed by the runes of warding.

+2 to Runecrafting

Fine, I change it to Force Bolting it, aiming to break its spine.

You prepare a force bolt to shoot the zombie with, but suddenly notice the zombie no longer exists. (6+2) Unsure what to do, the force bolt continues growing in power, which you release at the abomination. (RTD 6) The creature tries to evade, but the bolt is too fast. The spinning force bolt crashes into the Abomination's second right arm, upper body. (Resist 3) The bolt blasts the appendage, breaking the bone and bruising the muscle.

+4 to Metamagic

Nirur's skeleton attacks the Abomination, (4) striking at it with it's sharp claws. (RTD 2) The abomination is distracted by Marcus' force bolt, but it's thick scales deflect most of the attack and it is barely wounded.

Aarchan's gelatin attacks the carriage, (3) wobbling over to it. (RTD 4) The carriage appears to be significantly faster, and evades.

Cheddarius' golem dutifully guards Niruir.

Kin's stone spirit isn't powerful enough to Spire the Abomination, so it heals Nirur. (3+1) it tends to his wounds (Luck 6) and heals his most serious injuries, which is good because he was almost dead.

The Corrupted Abomination roars in the same bizarre language, (2+2) chanting in an oddly rythmic tone while making complex gestures with it's hand- err, claws. (Luck 4) suddenly a jet of flame bursts from the ground and two hellhounds crawl from the earth. The Abomination points at Cheddarius' golem, and they rush towards it.

The first hound strikes at the golem (5) snarling viciously. (RTD 4) The golem tries to block and fails, and the teeth rend it's flesh.
The other hound also strikes at it, (5) jaws snappily wildly. (RTD 5) The golem blocks this attack and throws the hound to the side.
The animated carriage charges at the golem, (6) speeding quickly along the ground. (RTD 3) Preoccupied with the hound, the golem doesn't notice the carriage and the golem - or what is left of it - gets smeared into a fine paste on the rock.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Wow. That luck curse was more powerful than I was expecting.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'll miss that golem. :(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for saving me, golem. You shall be missed.

Anyone mind if I lifetap them? Or I could just wait for a heal.

I need an advanced spell.
I cast Control Undead on the carriage.
My skeleton will attack the newly summoned hostiles.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:08:42 pm by Nirur Torir »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would have just killed myself if not for my high alchemy skill...... whoooooo!!!!
Lift the animated gelatin, and throw it at doom-dragnar, tell it to grab him and slow him down.  Then back away from combat, behind my teammates.

Animated gelatin trys to slow doom dragnar and damage him.
Nom nom nom

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile

I knew not having armour on would bit me in the arse... Harder than when I tried to put it on.

Might as well put the hand crossbow to use and fire some bolts at the abomination's face.
NOT THE BEES!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Attack one of the Hellhounds with my both my weapons!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Cast Curative Aura.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

I heal myself when I get away from DoomDragnar while Stone Spirit continue to heal Nirur Torir.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frost hellhounds
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 120