Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230853 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Horror [Turn 43]
« Reply #945 on: August 13, 2010, 06:01:12 pm »

Pick up any shard of the black metal I can find, get close to Doom Dragnar and stab as many eyes I can with it. See if the Stone Spirit can Spire Doom Dragnar, otherwise just heal Nirur Torir.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 13, 2010, 06:10:37 pm »

my animated gelatin never attacked, could you edit it's attack now?

Oh, yeah... I forgot about that.

Aarchan's Gelatin attacks the zombie, (2) grabbing for a piece of rotting flesh. (RTD 2) The zombie ignores it as a small chunk of rotting flesh is torn off it's body, and doesn't really seem too concerned.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:40 pm »

my animated gelatin never attacked, could you edit it's attack now?
Mix a concoction of holy water, troll blood and myou's grace, then drink it, hopefully this should make me strong, de-cursed, and heal quickly.... I hope.

Have the gelatin attack the carriage, devouring it and ripping it's life force apart.

Ooh, look another spot on the waiting list is about to open up...

(6) You guzzle ALL the potions! Something is happening... (1) You are the demons.  :'(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 13, 2010, 07:00:16 pm »

I figure worst that could happen is I blow up and kill everybody, that way I get right back in :D
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 13, 2010, 07:25:55 pm »

I fully approve of boss battles with an incentive, by the way. :P

I'm a bit disappointed so far though. Could be a very nasty curse, certainly, but so far the zombie's doing all the work. :(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 13, 2010, 08:07:52 pm »

I'm a bit disappointed so far though. Could be a very nasty curse, certainly, but so far the zombie's doing all the work. :(
Bah. You don't know what the curse does.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 13, 2010, 10:10:11 pm »

I fully approve of boss battles with an incentive, by the way. :P

I'm actually contemplating letting more people play as demons. When I end up killing one of my players, I always feel a little guilty; when my players kill each other though, I get to sit back and laugh.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 13, 2010, 10:21:30 pm »

When I end up killing one of my players, I always feel a little guilty; when my players kill each other though, I get to sit back and laugh.
Same. That's why only one of the characters in my RTD has died after 80 turns.(apart from the one killed by another player) And he only died because he rolled two ones to dodge an attack created by two sixes and a zero.

Also, what if "I" win? Do I become the end boss of Arcanum Octet 3?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 14, 2010, 02:24:28 am »

Jump onto battle carriage, carve rune of ice so it DIES SLOWLY FROM BEING FROZEN SOLID.

That's how runes work, right?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 14, 2010, 02:39:35 am »

I'm actually contemplating letting more people play as demons. When I end up killing one of my players, I always feel a little guilty; when my players kill each other though, I get to sit back and laugh.
I like where this is going. A lot.

This is also good. Especially if Arcanum Octet III does away with the "stop dawdling you jackasses" system in favor of "sure, wait in town as long as you like, it gives dragnar more time to increase his demonic hordes."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 14, 2010, 04:14:22 am »

When I end up killing one of my players, I always feel a little guilty; when my players kill each other though, I get to sit back and laugh.
Same. That's why only one of the characters in my RTD has died after 80 turns.(apart from the one killed by another player) And he only died because he rolled two ones to dodge an attack created by two sixes and a zero.

And the other player character with the fire artifact was wounded, then got kicked to death by a levitating sleeping person. Oh, and congratulations on evading your non-standard game over.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 14, 2010, 09:33:32 am »

It is rather unlikely there will be an Arcanum Octet III, at least there won't be if the demons win this round, considering this is literally an apocalyptic end-of-the-world scenario were the demons are trying to kill everyone. If the players win, there might be a third one however. Or I might just continue this one. It is a little to early to say.

If you do manage to kill everyone, I will probably give you a Token of Kickass, redeemable in any other one of my games for just about anything you want.

And the other player character with the fire artifact was wounded, then got kicked to death by a levitating sleeping person. Oh, and congratulations on evading your non-standard game over.

Fire artifact? The only person I can think of that had something like that was Nirur's Pheonix Stone in Arcanum I... but he explodes, not kicked to death.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 14, 2010, 10:16:02 am »

If you do manage to kill everyone, I will probably give you a Token of Kickass, redeemable in any other one of my games for just about anything you want.
Niiiiice. Probably not gonna happen though... I'm bound to get a 1 on a resistance roll sometime.

Fire artifact? The only person I can think of that had something like that was Nirur's Pheonix Stone in Arcanum I... but he explodes, not kicked to death.
He's talking about my RTD. That's how the character I said was killed by another character died.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 14, 2010, 10:58:23 am »

ya we need to get our act in gear and find a few artifacts, we are fairly weaksauce atm.
Nom nom nom

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 14, 2010, 08:08:25 pm »

Attempt to set the zombie on fire with Fireball.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 120