Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230713 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The Good, The Bad, and the Insane [Turn 38]
« Reply #825 on: July 28, 2010, 08:12:57 pm »

yup
Nom nom nom

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 28, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »

Yessiree.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #827 on: July 29, 2010, 02:58:16 am »

Correct.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 29, 2010, 04:19:21 am »

Affirmative.

Thank you to everyone who is busily saving my life. In return, I'll continue my rune of warding / chill spam.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 29, 2010, 06:21:59 am »

Yes.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 29, 2010, 07:34:08 am »

Yep.
NOT THE BEES!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 29, 2010, 08:23:48 am »

Thank you, diesalot. Will ward you afterwards.

More thawing. More willpower. More luck.

Since I've frozen myself twice in a row, I should be able to do it on command now. NEW MOVE TIEM. Not that I'd ever use it. Maybe I'll find an offensive use for it. Sit on target and cast on self for epic lawls.

Kinda sorry i missed this part of the thread untill now
What about this
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 29, 2010, 01:21:59 pm »

That's everyone. All the turns are correct.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Artificial Stupidity [Turn 39]
« Reply #833 on: July 31, 2010, 01:05:52 pm »

Read principals of justice, while holding the holy symbol of the god of Justice, attempt to glean any potential spells/prayers and or energies and memorize them, hopefully some type of offensive banish evil type spell.

Encourage the gelatin to attempt to gain some mass, but avoid eating the locals and me or my stuff.

You begin paging through the book. (6) Unlike magic books which are filled with obscure formulas and somatics, this seems to contain invocations for divine magic. (Luck 4) You learn two basic invocations.

+3 to Divine Magic
New Spell: Shield of Faith
New Spell: Holy Word

I engrave linked runes of warding and subversion on the bracers.
You begin carving the runes onto your bracers. (1+2) You carve crude runes into the bracers. (Luck 3) The runes activate, but they don't seem to have linked correctly. You now have a bracer of warding and a bracer of subversion.

+2 to Runecrafting

I find the commander of the guard and ask for information regarding where the attacks likely originate, and which areas should be stopped to slow our foes down. I'll also mention our success at Duplicity.

I'm still not sure exactly what we accomplished at Duplicity, aside from looting. Let's leave between this turn and the next.
You seek out the commander (3) He receives you rather gruffly, greeting you with "Huh. So you're still alive then? Well, I guess that says something about your fighting ability..."
You ask about the source of the demons. (Luck 3) "Well, we don't know much about them, but the biggest source is the Obsidian Gate that serves as a direct passage to Hell up in Schalade. However, there are too many demons to come through just that; we suspect other sources must be channeling some through as well... there seems to be at least one source in each demon city."
You mention Schalade. "A cursed mirror, huh? That could have been one of the sources. Using mortal souls as a power source to traverse dimensions souls like just the thing demons would do. "

+3 to Diplomacy

All right.
Cast Curative Aura.
Command Golem to go around town and ask for alchemy reagents or useful equipment.
You prepare to cast your aura. (3) Your magic aura seems to be rather small, (Luck 6) but everyone inside of it is fully healed.
+ 3 to Healing

Seeing as the golem is done with the voulge, can I have it back?

I'll try to help Virroken out of the ice block by using a spring (Torrent might end up hurting you) of warm water (even if it's room temperature it should be fine... ish).

You try to free Virroken from his icy prison. (1+2) You create a small spring that leaks water onto the ice block. (Luck 5) While it doesn't seem to be working very quickly, it is slowly thawing Virroken out.

Thank you, diesalot. Will ward you afterwards.

More thawing. More willpower. More luck.

Since I've frozen myself twice in a row, I should be able to do it on command now. NEW MOVE TIEM. Not that I'd ever use it. Maybe I'll find an offensive use for it. Sit on target and cast on self for epic lawls.
You continue trying to un-freeze yourself. (3+3) You pour more elemental energy into your surroundings, (Luck 4) and this time they're actually heat waves. The ice around you melts.

+3 to Elementalism

I guess I'll look for a priest to uncurse my daggers.
You head to the church to try and get your daggers uncursed. (4) The priest uncurses your daggers (Luck 3) but not before scolding you about giving in to the temptations of demon magic.

Me and Stone Spirit will heal Virroken but also attempt to break him free by gently punching the ice.
Hopefully the ice won't crack and Virroken with it, right?
You go to help Virroken, but seeing he is already free try to heal him instead. (3+3) You try to use your earth magic to warm him up (Luck 4) and finish healing his wounds.

+3 to Elementalism

Aarchan's gelatin tries to improve itself. (5) It finds a nest of rats in the sewers (Luck 4) which it manages to corner and gorge itself on. The cube has increased it's mass by 50%, but it now smells really bad.

Cheddarius' golem searches for alchemy ingredients. (1) It returns with a rock. (Luck 2) which it decides to give to Cheddarius by throwing it at him. (3)(RTD 3) Cheddarius dives out of the way.
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
----
The group finished their business in town, and sets out for the tower of Kicen. They encounter no resistance at all, not even an imp. After roughly a day and a half of travel, they arrive at the tower. Two golems made of the same black metal as the demon weapons appear to be guarding the entrance. 
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 31, 2010, 02:19:15 pm »

Huddle everyone around me and cast Dance of Blades
Give the Iron Voulge back to Sir Diesalot
Order the Golem to wrestle the weakest enemy golem and try to pin it down and make it easier to hit or something
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:31:31 pm by Cheddarius »

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 31, 2010, 02:25:21 pm »

Whoops, I forgot I was walking around shirtless...

I'll put on the scalemail and with my newly reaquired voulge, I'll attack golem 1.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:07:34 pm by sir diesalot »
NOT THE BEES!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 31, 2010, 02:28:14 pm »

I cast Weakness on enemy golem 1.
My skeletons will both attack enemy golem 2.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 31, 2010, 02:31:59 pm »

Diesalot, I'll have my golem give you the voulge, so you can use it and attack.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 31, 2010, 02:50:50 pm »

I put on my bracers, then summon a statue(just an ordinary, non magical one) around the evil book of evil. I also have my zombie attack the golems.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 31, 2010, 03:34:17 pm »

What do you mean by "around the book"?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 120