Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230624 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Magical Shenanigans [Turn 37]
« Reply #780 on: July 24, 2010, 04:09:22 pm »

Does this mean I can control burst direction now?

Nope. You didn't make a burst towards yourself, you just froze yourself.

A thought occurs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 24, 2010, 05:16:16 pm »

A thought occurs.

Erm... Yes, it would do that, I suppose. It probably wouldn't make you invulnerable, though it would protect you from any attacks that aren't powerful enough to crush a 20-pound ice block.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 24, 2010, 05:25:37 pm »

A thought occurs.
Right... and what will you do when ninjas try to capture you? Light yourself on fire? It makes about as much sense.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 24, 2010, 05:34:47 pm »

Right... and what will you do when ninjas try to capture you? Light yourself on fire? It makes about as much sense.

How is fire shield not a valid tactic?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #784 on: July 24, 2010, 05:58:59 pm »

See if I can find a trainer specialized in hammer swinging. See if said trainer can teach me any moves, say Whirlwind.
Should really get better with the hammer at some point.

Get Stone Spirit to find any herbs in the area.

Also, I agree on moving after this turn.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 24, 2010, 06:15:10 pm »

ya I agree with moving on, I have a ton of herbs atm, and not much to do here.
Nom nom nom

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 24, 2010, 08:34:49 pm »

Wow I've gotten a string of pretty crap rolls :(...

I'll look for someone to repair my iron scale mail, even if i have to get it after we come back from wherever we're going.
As for what we're going to do, I'll just be a sheep and follow the majority.
NOT THE BEES!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The Good, The Bad, and the Insane [Turn 38]
« Reply #787 on: July 27, 2010, 05:44:07 pm »

I work with Cheddarius to create a soul-linked group heal duo spell.
If he doesn't want to do so this turn, I'll just try to devise an advanced necromantic minion spell.

I work with Nirur Torir.
My golem practices with its voulge.
Nirur and Cheddarius combine Life and Death magic in an attempt to make a hybrid spell. (1+3)(Luck 6) Nirur creates a slightly unstable soul link between the two of them, (6+3)(Luck 2) but Cheddarius overloads the soul link with life energy  and it shatters. (Resist 5)(Resist 3) Nirur is unaffected (Luck 3) but Cheddarius is caught by the backlash.

Nirur:
+3 to Necromancy
Cheddarius:
+2 to Healing

Before we go I conjure a set of bracers, imprinted with linked runes of subversion and warding. (unless that would count as conjure major item, in which case leave out the rune of warding.)
You begin to summon a pair of bracers, (4+2) Which materialize in front of you. (Luck 4+1) They are of good quality, but lack runes of any sort; you will probably have to engrave them on your own.

+3 to Summoning

Obvious thaw is obvious.

You work on thawing yourself out. (4+3) You send elemental energy into the ice (Luck 1) but you mess up and only end up making the ice colder. You're probably in danger of hypothermia now.

Head to a church and stock up on holy water.
Gelatin can try and catch rats on the way and devour them to grow in size/strength.

You head over to the church and attempt to procure some holy water. (6) The priest happily entertains you (Luck 6) and even provides some other assorted items, including more herbs, as well as a prayer book and holy symbol of Mandatum, the God of Justice.

Attempt to destroy dagger with my Imbued Force Shortsword.
You try to destroy the cursed dagger with your sword. (1) You find it incredibly difficult to wield your sword without any hands. (Luck 6) However, you bite down on the handle of your sword and strike at your dagger. It breaks. Congratulations, you're now wielding a broken cursed dagger.

See if I can find a trainer specialized in hammer swinging. See if said trainer can teach me any moves, say Whirlwind.
Should really get better with the hammer at some point.

Get Stone Spirit to find any herbs in the area.
Also, I agree on moving after this turn.
You try to find a master to teach you the art of beating things to a pulp. (5) You see a large man leaning against the barracks, with a heavy hammer next to him. you approach him and ask for training. (Luck 6) He gives it by swinging his hammer into your ribcage (RTD 6) but you deflect the attack with your earth magic and, obviously impressed, be begins to train you. He goes through many moves with you, greatly expanding your knowledge, (Luck 5) and you learn a great deal of new skills. (Luck 5) [/acronym=Normally I would have stopped rolling by now, but I want to see how long this lucky streak goes on.]He even teaches you this crazy move were you channel earth magic through your hammer to create a shockwave. [/acronym] (Luck 4) He seems to have taken such a great linking to you that he offers to buy you a new hammer, saying the one you have is for chumps. (Luck 5) You travel to the blacksmith, and see an awe-inspiring combination of art and sheer destructive force on the wall. (Luck 3) Unfortunately the blacksmith refuses to sell it, but you do end up with a hammer that is still pretty kickass. (Luck 4) You thank and giant man and set on your way.

+4 to Hammers
+2 to Hammers
+2 to Elementalism
New Ability: Shockwave
+10 to WTF just happened I don't even.

Wow I've gotten a string of pretty crap rolls :(...

I'll look for someone to repair my iron scale mail, even if i have to get it after we come back from wherever we're going.
As for what we're going to do, I'll just be a sheep and follow the majority.

You head to the same blacksmith. (5) He seems to be in a good mood having just sold a really expensive hammer, and offers to repair your mail for free. (Luck 3) He combines your ruined brigandine and the scale mail into a single workable armor.

Cheddarius' golem continues training with the volgue. (4) It preforms as expected. (Luck 4) It finally gains a skill level, though it also seems to have reached it's cap. Golems aren't very smart, apparently.

+2 to Axegolem.

Aarchan's gelatin searches for rats. (2) It fails to find any, (Luck 1) and sort of sits around while waiting for Aarchan to come back.

Kin's stone spirit searches the area. (3) It finds a small plant (Luck 6) which happens to be Arae, a rare flower with potent magic.
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:29:00 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 27, 2010, 05:53:10 pm »

so everyone for heading to the archmages tower?
Read principals of justice, while holding the holy symbol of the god of Justice, attempt to glean any potential spells/prayers and or energies and memorize them, hopefully some type of offensive banish evil type spell.

Encourage the gelatin to attempt to gain some mass, but avoid eating the locals and me or my stuff.
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 27, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »

Alright, wasn't sure if I'd be able to do all that at once, but it was worth a shot.

I engrave linked runes of warding and subversion on the bracers.

Also, anybody want to try and destroy the evil book of evil? We have all the stuff it will take, and I've decided keeping it around is probably a bad idea.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:51 pm »

I find the commander of the guard and ask for information regarding where the attacks likely originate, and which areas should be stopped to slow our foes down. I'll also mention our success at Duplicity.

I'm still not sure exactly what we accomplished at Duplicity, aside from looting. Let's leave between this turn and the next

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 27, 2010, 06:33:56 pm »

What's my bonus to healing? +2?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 27, 2010, 06:56:56 pm »

What's my bonus to healing? +2?

You have a +3 Skill Bonus(From your Life Magic skill) and a +2 Potency Bonus(From your staff), which roughly translates to an extra wound healed.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 27, 2010, 08:13:24 pm »

All right.
Cast Curative Aura.
Command Golem to go around town and ask for alchemy reagents or useful equipment.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 27, 2010, 08:59:55 pm »

Seeing as the golem is done with the voulge, can I have it back?

I'll try to help Virroken out of the ice block by using a spring (Torrent might end up hurting you) of warm water (even if it's room temperature it should be fine... ish).
NOT THE BEES!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 120