Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230505 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Off with a hitch. [Turn 33]
« Reply #720 on: July 17, 2010, 06:27:30 pm »

You can have it. I'll edit my turn.

Oh man, Scintoth is badly damaged! Don't worry bro, I'll heal you!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 17, 2010, 08:48:52 pm »

This is pretty sweet, posting to watch (im already in a few so i wont waiting list unless you think it'l be needed)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 18, 2010, 05:05:00 am »

Okay, see if I can't try to create a temporary sword made of pure energy.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Under Pressure [Turn 34]
« Reply #723 on: July 18, 2010, 12:31:36 pm »

I'd quite like a shot of Conjugation, please.

While I help guard the caravan, I continue with my attempts at figuring out a way to cast Joint Enmity without hurting myself.
You begin toying with the idea of placing the burden of Joint Enmity on someone else. (4+2) You improve your spell so you can not create a bond between any two souls. (Luck 5) Your experiments also tell you that because the spell is a metaphysical battle between two souls, the stronger soul will invariably win, even if it is the 'victim'. You also learn that souls with a high necromantic affinity have an advantage in this battle, due to the necromantic nature of the spell.

+4 to Necromancy

All right. Caveat emptor; if you so much as stub your toe, you'll be immediately healed and lose 1 to your next turn's skill rolls.

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Scintoth.
Command my golem to practice with his voulge, and while he's away, complain to my comrades about how dumb he is.
Give my Scroll of Bless to dragnar.
You begin to heal Scintoth, (1+1) but you screw up the complex spell. (Luck 4) Luckily, it seems you have caused no additional negative effects.

I necromanticly bind my wight to the carriage.
You attempt to bind your slave to the carriage, (3+1) extracting the soul from his body (Luck 3) and implanting it in the carriage. Under your control, the carriage can now move, but the link isn't strong enough for you to command the carriage to do something without your supervision.

+2 to Necromancy
New Spell: Soul Bind

We should get going. Carriage away?

Ask refugees for "protection fees". I mean, I set up frozen bursts to hover along with the caravan, set to go off on my command when we're inevitably attacked.

You work on creating protection for the carriage, (1+1) but only manage to make a small sphere of ice. (Luck 4) The ice hovers in the air for a few moments before melting away.

+1 to Elementalism

Well, seeing that I failed that I promptly start working with the large rock to compact it into a single point.

Stone Spirit continue to scan for herbs.
You try to compress the rock (5+3) applying pressure with your earth magic until the rock reaches about half it's original size, at which point it becomes impossible to shrink any more. (Luck 5+1) The pressure becomes overbearing and the rock suddenly explodes, sending shards of stone everywhere. (RTD 5)(RTD 2+1)(RTD 6)(RTD 4)(RTD 3)(RTD 1)(RTD 5) You and Nirur dive out of the way, and Dragnar partially evades the blast. Virroken, Dragnar, and Marcus are hit by the shards, and Cheddarius takes the brunt of the blast. Thankfully, all of the shards managed to miss the already grievously wounded Scintoth, which probably would have killed him otherwise.

+2 to Elementalism
New Spell: Compression Bomb

Clean Holy Gelantine, then add the powdered crystal to it's chemical make up, allowing it to adsorb energy and release it onto a target designated by me. (aka make it adsorb magic, and blast it back at enemies.)

You attempt to clean the gelatin, (1) but all you end up doing is making both it and yourself dirtier. (Luck 6) You then add the crystals to it, and the gelatin suddenly vanishes.

Well, I need healing pretty badly, so I'm not going to force myself to heal, so I'll just lie where I am asking for a heal because I don't want to screw anything up.
You attempt to stay still (5) You do a remarkable job of staying still. (Luck 4) You stay so still, you could probably make an art out of staying still. That is probably a waste of time, however.

Okay, see if I can't try to create a temporary sword made of pure energy.
You attempt to manifest a blade of energy, (5+2) creating a stationary force bolt that you hold in your hand. (Luck 2) The force seems unable to hold an edge, however it could be used as a bludgeoning object.

+2 to Metamagic
New Spell: Force Stick

Cheddarius' golem continues practicing. (5) It manages to hold onto the volgue pretty well this time. (Luck 4) It even learns something.

+2 to Axes

Kin's spirit continues looking for plants. (4) It relocates the same berry bush. (Luck 4) It collects more berries.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
Intermediary: Before you guys post actions, let me know what route you're taking to Almar's Keep.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 18, 2010, 12:55:26 pm »

GUYS, GUYS

BATTLECARRIAGE

Seriously. Armor the carriage, healer in the back, casters and stuff on the top behind shields, melee guys leaning out the sides swiping at enemies. Would this not be incredibly awesome?

What routes to Almar's Keep are there? I can't seem to find where it was referenced.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #725 on: July 18, 2010, 01:03:39 pm »

Woops again there.
Going south to Duplicity and from there to Almar's Keep seems like the best way. And I'm so on that BattleCarriage.

Begin healing Svadi and continue on to those less damaged. Stone Spirit helps with this too.

By the way, would a [5][Luck 5] Compression Bomb still hurt me if I'm too close when it goes off?

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 18, 2010, 01:25:21 pm »

Going south to Duplicity and from there to Almar's Keep seems like the best way. And I'm so on that BattleCarriage.
Sounds good to me.

I draw a rune of power under anyone trying to work healing magic, then use Cheddarius's scroll of bless on the evil book of evil.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 18, 2010, 01:30:28 pm »

What routes to Almar's Keep are there? I can't seem to find where it was referenced.

The map, and said discussion relating to it.

There are an infinite number of routes, but the main ones are:

A) Going directly to Almar's Keep. Fastest route, but high chance of encountering demons.
B) Backtracking from the Refugee Camp. Fast, with a medium chance of demons.
C) Going through the Wastes. Slow, but negligible chance of demons.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 18, 2010, 01:31:18 pm »

Avoid Duplicity. Remember the hint we got that we should move on? Well, it's probably occupied again. I vote we take option B.

I try to learn how to use my own life energy to empower my spells, if needed.
My skeletons will help pull the carriage.
My talking skeleton is not to sing.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 18, 2010, 01:51:34 pm »

What about humming? Whistling?

I vote for path B as well.
I cast Healing Aura.
My golem practices with his voulge.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #730 on: July 18, 2010, 01:58:58 pm »

Heh, I wonder what would happen if that talking skeleton fails epically to not sing. Maybe everyone in the vincity breaks out in song for a couple of minutes ending the whole shebang as a musical. Now that would be an epic fail.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 18, 2010, 02:05:10 pm »

Hey, Cheddarius, want to learn a duo-spell with me, after nobody's life is in danger? I think I can create a group soul-link sort of spell, allowing everybody to be easily healed.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 18, 2010, 02:07:09 pm »

Voting for option B. Didn't we ransack duplicity already?

Hop on battle carraige. Ready frozen bursts for protection.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 18, 2010, 02:32:11 pm »

That sounds interesting, Nirur. We can try that, yeah.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 18, 2010, 02:57:45 pm »

(+2 stillness skill, could be useful for being a statue :P)

I vote path B.
I'll hop on the DOOMWAGON (No toe stubbing please) and think up a way to empower my spring spell, like making a geyser spell or something along those lines, but I won't practice it because I could explode myself.
NOT THE BEES!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 120