Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230500 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: You're going the wrong way! [Turn 30]
« Reply #675 on: July 10, 2010, 06:14:01 pm »

Aye, and me.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 10, 2010, 06:34:25 pm »

Confirmed.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 10, 2010, 07:12:20 pm »

yup
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: You find nothing of interest. [Turn 31]
« Reply #678 on: July 10, 2010, 09:35:53 pm »

Marcus tells the sentry that they found the map on the bodies of some dead adventurers, after they killed the demons who apparently defeated them. The sentry stares at him for a while, before muttering "Damn. So that's why they were running late..." and explaining that those adventurers (or some of them, at least) were a scavenging party that was headed south to procure supplies. The sentry then reveals a hidden entrance and lets the group into the refuge.

I would argue that I didn't want to loot the place, just have my my minions do it while I worked magic, but seeing as I got a 2 it really doesn't make any difference.

I carve a rune of warding and a rune of energy on my amulet.
You begin carving the runes into your amulet (5+2) and do a good job, (Luck 2) but fail to link the runes, which end up negating each other.

+1 to Runecrafting

hum so do we go to Schlade (isn;t that where we started off?) or do we turn back and go back to the refuges or the tower, lair or tree, or do we head into Lost shoals?
Use herbalism to search the local area for herbs which could be used to make a healing slave/potion.  Then head into the camp, looking for stores or a church.  Get my gelatin cube to follow me.
You search the surrounding area for herbs, (6+1) and find some razorweed. (Luck 2) When you go to collect it however, the weed cuts into your hand like a razor. You head into the camp looking for places of interest, (Luck 2) but you can't find much of anything. Such a hideout had no reason for mercantile shops, and there is no room for churches.

I'll try engraving some of my armour with some useful rune, and let Ched have a little practice with my axe (Only for a bit, a hand crossbow isn't very powerful).
You decide to carve a rune into your armor (6+1) but realize that the only rune you know is a rune of harm. (Luck 6) You decide to carve it into your armor anyway, and upon finishing the rune, double over in pain.

+3 to Runecrafting.

I use my book of necromancy to try to find information on necromantic spells that work against demons.
You find a quiet corner and begin reading your book. (1+2) You don't find much information, and determine the book was probably written before the invasion of Hell (Luck 4) but you do find a way to harm demons by absorbing some of their essence into yourself, a risky act that is mutually harmful to both parties.

+2 to Necromancy
New Spell: Joint Enmity

Search around the camp for anyone that seems to be in charge. Ask them if there is something we can help them with. Conjure Food & Water if I pass anyone that need provisions, keep them for myself otherwise.
Stone Spirit can Earthen Heal whoever might be in need.

You wander round the underground base, (6+1) healing the wounded and creating food and drink for those who were deprived. (Luck 6) The squalid inhabitants are impressed by your generosity, and a few even begin hailing you as a saint.

+2 to Elementalism
+2 to Summoning

Rune of warding on the ground in case we get jumped while we're talking.
You begin to draw a rune of warding on the ground, (2) but the sentry stops you. "What are you doing? The only reason we're still alive is because the demons can't find this place. Don't give us away!" (Luck 5) He seems to accept that it was just an honest mistake and forgives you, however.

By the way my new action is:
Study Virroken's work and try to learn Elementalism.
Command my golem to practice more.
You try and learn how to cast elemental spells based on what you've seen Virroken do. (3) The magic seems to be fundamentally different from life magic, (Luck 3) and you really can't understand it.

Yeah, I'll talk to the sentry. Also, ask him if there's anyone who can help me with them magics whilst we're here.
You converse with the sentry. (Luck 2) "Sorry, we're just a bunch of stubborn survivors who refuse to die, and try to help others flee from the demons. That may seem magical to some, but we're not wizards. I doubt anyone in the camp can help you. "

Cheddarius' golem tries to practice with the volgue (1) but drops it.

Kin's Earth Spirit heals the refugees, (6+1) healing most of the wounded (Luck 4) and doing an all-around great job.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 10, 2010, 09:43:53 pm »

Kilakan, you want a heal, or can it wait?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 10, 2010, 10:00:24 pm »

I think we should move on after this turn. RNG likes sending stuff at players who dawdle for too long. I'd do something useful, but I have Greater Plans.

They do not yet at this time involve creating a spell that inflicts massive damage at the cost of my own life. Such a thing would be useless until we meet an overly powerful enemy.

Using my knowledge of Lifetap and Joint Enmity, I attempt to create a spell that is a combination reverse-Lifetap and Joint Enmity. That is, I want to drain their essence and send it somewhere else (A skeleton or other minion [bad idea], a random animal [Fun bad idea], a piece of jewelry [handy yet boring], or perhaps a greatly esteemed colleague [just kidding. Mostly.]).

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 10, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »

or perhaps a greatly esteemed colleague [just kidding. Mostly.]).[/b]
Make sure it's a totally random colleague.

I try to fix the rune link on my amulet. If this is impossible I'll... read more of the evil book of evil.(I'm surprised the guards haven't started questioning me yet...)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 11, 2010, 01:03:04 am »

Check refuge for loose items that people don't need, and we can take freely. Hopefully, said items will be somewhat useful.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2010, 02:21:09 am »

Attempt to learn Lifetap and Joint Enmity while watching Nirur Torir experiments.
Stone Spirit will heal Aarchan.

Also, seeing as there is almost nothing here I vote for us to continue walking. Unless someone stumble upon a fine treasure in the form of loot or enemies. Or both.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 11, 2010, 03:35:56 am »

Go around the camp, searching for a dude who's good at fighting. If I find one, ask that person if he/she/it can help me with dem fightans.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 11, 2010, 06:32:50 am »

I realize my turn is a long way off, if I ever get in at all ( :(), but could I make some small changes to my character?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On a related note, while I'd like you to all die horrible deaths so I can play, I like the current characters, and will probably be sad if/when the waiting list gets smaller.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 11, 2010, 08:06:36 am »

I think we should move on after this turn. RNG likes sending stuff at players who dawdle for too long.
This is true. Where were you thinking of going?

I realize my turn is a long way off, if I ever get in at all ( :(), but could I make some small changes to my character?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On a related note, while I'd like you to all die horrible deaths so I can play, I like the current characters, and will probably be sad if/when the waiting list gets smaller.

That is fine. You can make any changes you want before your character joins the status page. As far as death/dying go, I usually try to make it challenging without senselessly killing off my players, though stupidity and/or back luck can result in their deaths.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 11, 2010, 08:12:12 am »

I think we should move on after this turn. RNG likes sending stuff at players who dawdle for too long.
This is true. Where were you thinking of going?

I hadn't thought about it. So long as we keep going, we'll probably find something worth looting.
I'll try to ask about the tower north of us as a free action.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 11, 2010, 09:50:58 am »

I'll unequip my current armour (Which could be useful in some devious situations, trap armour) and search for some new armour.
NOT THE BEES!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 11, 2010, 01:34:26 pm »

Kilakan, you want a heal, or can it wait?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 120