Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230414 times)

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Was that supposed to happen? [Turn 29]
« Reply #645 on: July 08, 2010, 11:08:21 am »

I'll try to develop a/some earth element spells.
NOT THE BEES!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: You're going the wrong way! [Turn 30]
« Reply #646 on: July 08, 2010, 12:51:02 pm »

I loot, alongside my skeletons. They will look for armor/weaponry to improve themselves with. I'd really rather I get something then they get something though. They are replaceable, after-all.
You and your skeletons comb through the corpses, (Luck 2) but you can't seem to find much of use. You do manage to grab a thin dagger and a healing salve.

I loot for some armor/new clothes, alchemical ingredients/potions, and if there's time, try and remove the glass from my hand.  I'll tell my cube to try and move around a bit and ask it if it has any intelligence(largely to find how fast it can move, and maybe any others abilities it has.)
Hey guys, try to not step on my cube.... anyone got a good name for it?  (also that was vaguely what I wanted, I was trying to make one of the classic RPG cubes/slimes.... and apparently it worked, yay!)
You search the bodies (Luck 4) and come across an iron knife, an iron calcinator, flint and tinder, as well as several vials of alchemical substances. You then focus on removing the glass from your hand (5) and remove all the glass (Luck 6) but cut your hand and it bleeds slightly.

You notice that your animated gelatin can slide across the floor rather slowly, but doesn't seem to have any other noticeable abilities. It has a very weak mind limited to receiving and carrying out simple commands. 

I'll have my minions loot the corpses for any thing that so much as looks magical. After everybody is done looting I try to use necromancy to morph the bones into a single larger skeleton.

I suggest going to the spot marked "Refugees" to stock up before taking on anything else.
You pocket the book and the papers and return to the main room. Seeing your companions engaged in looting, you join in on the fun. (Luck 2) Unfortunately it seems you arrived rather late, and only find a mundane brass amulet.

Switch to using one scimitar and one force dagger, and put the skullcap on.
You equip your scimitar and put your skullcap on.

I vote refugees. Also, when did I get medic skill?

Teach elementalism to people, since I'm EXPERT now.
You attempt to teach elementalism to others in the vicinity. Scintoth seems to be the only person interested in learning anything. (5+3) You don't know any earth magic, so you try to teach him ice magic (Luck 1) but unfortunately the concepts seem completely foreign to him.

+2 to Elementalism

I loot the bodies primary for some sturdier armor or a stronger hammer, but I'm not that picky. Stone Spirit can help me with this.
You look over the skeletons, (Luck 1) but don't manage to find anything. It seems they have already been picked clean.

I'll try to develop a/some earth element spells.
You try to learn some earth spells by studying Kin's spirit, (2) but don't learn anything by just watching a pile of rocks float around. (Luck 1) You try to lift a rock from the ground but only hurt your wrist.

------

The group finishes looting the manor and departs, heading deeper into the lands of Hell. The map helps then navigate, and Kin pulls a magnetic rock from the ground to act as a compass. Heading towards the encampment marked refugees, they notice a large dead tree about twice the size of a normal one off to the left, which must be Sanguisuge. The tree is horrible to look at, but strangely compelling at the same time, drawing the adventurers towards it. They end up looking away from the tree and proceeding along their path.

After a full day's march, they spot a outcropping of rocks ahead. As they approach, a sentry materializes from the rocks, approaching the group and catching them all by surprise.
"What the- What is going on here? Were did you guys come from? Don't you know Almar's Keep is the other way? You're only heading deeper into demon territory!"

-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 08, 2010, 12:52:08 pm »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 08, 2010, 12:58:02 pm »

I would argue that I didn't want to loot the place, just have my my minions do it while I worked magic, but seeing as I got a 2 it really doesn't make any difference.

I carve a rune of warding and a rune of energy on my amulet.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 08, 2010, 01:11:55 pm »

hum so do we go to Schlade (isn;t that where we started off?) or do we turn back and go back to the refuges or the tower, lair or tree, or do we head into Lost shoals?
Use herbalism to search the local area for herbs which could be used to make a healing slave/potion.  Then head into the camp, looking for stores or a church.  Get my gelatin cube to follow me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:00:07 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 08, 2010, 01:42:50 pm »

hum so do we go to Schlade (isn;t that where we started off?) or do we turn back and go back to the refuges or the tower, lair or tree, or do we head into Lost shoals?
Schlade is were the first Arcanum Octet started off. Now Schlade is the demon's stronghold (the orange thing is the gate to hell). This game started off in Almar's Keep, to the south. Right now the group is at the refugee camp, with one of the sentries wondering who you are and what on earth you are doing.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 08, 2010, 01:50:51 pm »

Er, I didn't realize the turn had passed... can I do the turn now, or am I skipped?
If I can still submit a turn, it is:
Read as much as I can from the tomes the golem looted.
Command my golem to integrate some corpses into itself, or if that's not allowed, to borrow a weapon from someone else (Scintoth's Heavy Voulge (since presumably he's using the crossbow), or Marcus's force shortsword (if he's using the daggers), or his scimitar, or his force spear or dagger, from highest priority to lowest. And then practice with it.
Give my improved staff to either Virroken or Kin, whoever wants it more.
Give my alchemy ingredients to Aarchan.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 08, 2010, 01:53:48 pm »

Er, I didn't realize the turn had passed... can I do the turn now, or am I skipped?
Command my golem to integrate some corpses into itself, or if that's not allowed, to borrow a weapon from someone else (Scintoth's Heavy Voulge (since presumably he's using the crossbow), or Marcus's force shortsword (if he's using the daggers), or his scimitar, or his force spear or dagger, from highest priority to lowest. And then practice with it.
Oh. Erm, yes. Certainly. I can't believe I skipped you... Sorry. It just evaded me for some reason.

I have an appointment soon so I can't do it now, but I'll update the turn when I get back.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 08, 2010, 02:17:16 pm »

I'll try engraving some of my armour with some useful rune, and let Ched have a little practice with my axe (Only for a bit, a hand crossbow isn't very powerful).
NOT THE BEES!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 08, 2010, 02:21:40 pm »

Hrmmmm... well, there aren't that many axe weapons. So I'd rather have my golem get practice with something it'll be able to use a lot, like force daggers... if Acanthus agrees to give me something (he does have seven weapons after all), I'd rather use that. Thanks, though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 08, 2010, 02:32:13 pm »

"We are going to put a stop to this, and return the land to human control. We've managed to pacify the city of Duplicity."

I use my book of necromancy to try to find information on necromantic spells that work against demons.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 08, 2010, 04:07:50 pm »

Hrmmmm... well, there aren't that many axe weapons. So I'd rather have my golem get practice with something it'll be able to use a lot, like force daggers... if Acanthus agrees to give me something (he does have seven weapons after all), I'd rather use that. Thanks, though.

So we're waiting for Acanthus to reply then? Or should I just use the volgue? To be fair, there are plenty of axes, just nobody really uses them so I haven't added them to the loot tables yet.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #657 on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:45 pm »

Search around the camp for anyone that seems to be in charge. Ask them if there is something we can help them with. Conjure Food & Water if I pass anyone that need provisions, keep them for myself otherwise.
Stone Spirit can Earthen Heal whoever might be in need.

OOC: At first I thought the orange dot were was we ended up in and I was gonna say something similar to "It wasn't me, I swear!". Too bad it wasn't like that.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 08, 2010, 08:53:42 pm »

Okay, he can use the voulge. It fits his strong-but-not-dextrous golem idea more anyway.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Where did you get that... [Turn 30.5]
« Reply #659 on: July 08, 2010, 09:46:55 pm »

You begin paging through the book. (4) You understand most of the concepts, (Luck 4) and learn two new spells, one effecting the mind and one effecting the body.

+3 to Healing
New Spell: Dance of Blades
New Spell: Ardor

Dance of Blades gives +1 Melee Accuracy to everyone in range for 1 turn. Ardor gives +1 Magic Damage and +1 Magic Resistance to one person for 3 turns. And in case I forgot to explain Protect and Haste, Protect is a single-target that gives +1 Physical Resistance for 3 turns and Haste gives +1 Accuracy and +1 RTD to one person for three turns.

Cheddarius' Golem determines that it is a Flesh Golem, not a Bone Golem, and that skeletons would be of no use to it. Instead, it practices with with the volgue, (5) performing exceptionally well. (Luck 3) Unfortunately, it's simple golem mind can not completely comprehend what it just did, and it only learns a minute amount of skill.

+2 to Axes
-----
"We are going to put a stop to this, and return the land to human control. We've managed to pacify the city of Duplicity."

"Stop the demons? You're mad! How did you find this place anyway? It's supposed to be-"

Suddenly the sentry spots Marcus' map.

"Where did you get that..."

-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 120