Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230364 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Was that supposed to happen? [Turn 29]
« Reply #630 on: July 07, 2010, 06:08:53 pm »

One last turn before everyone should (ideally) set out for some other destination, given you guys now have a map.

People who looted last turn can't loot again this turn, though they did get a +1 bonus to their luck roll when I was rolling for loot(since they were the first to loot the corpses). If you haven't looted and want to, do so, or else you can't. If you haven't noticed, this is supposed to be your reward for clearing the city.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 07, 2010, 06:31:17 pm »

I loot, alongside my skeletons. They will look for armor/weaponry to improve themselves with. I'd really rather I get something then they get something though. They are replaceable, after-all.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 07, 2010, 07:13:05 pm »

I loot for some armor/new clothes, alchemical ingredients/potions, and if there's time, try and remove the glass from my hand.  I'll tell my cube to try and move around a bit and ask it if it has any intelligence(largely to find how fast it can move, and maybe any others abilities it has.)
Hey guys, try to not step on my cube.... anyone got a good name for it?  (also that was vaguely what I wanted, I was trying to make one of the classic RPG cubes/slimes.... and apparently it worked, yay!)
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 07, 2010, 07:34:23 pm »

I'll have my minions loot the corpses for any thing that so much as looks magical. After everybody is done looting I try to use necromancy to morph the bones into a single larger skeleton.

I suggest going to the spot marked "Refugees" to stock up before taking on anything else.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 07, 2010, 07:59:03 pm »

I'll have my minions loot the corpses for any thing that so much as looks magical. After everybody is done looting I try to use necromancy to morph the bones into a single larger skeleton.

I suggest going to the spot marked "Refugees" to stock up before taking on anything else.

I was expecting a more adverse reaction to your feet suddenly turning into hooves.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 07, 2010, 08:01:45 pm »

I was expecting a more adverse reaction to your feet suddenly turning into hooves.
Uh... yeah... this comic describes my reaction to that:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 07, 2010, 08:27:29 pm »

Switch to using one scimitar and one force dagger, and put the skullcap on. If i can, LOOT MOAR
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 07, 2010, 08:35:37 pm »

I agree with refuges, then i suggest moving on to the dead tree, or lair of Juggernaut, as the only non-magical member of the group, I don't want to tangle with the fell arch-mage..... wait is that the guy who killed my last character?
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:01 pm »

Probably. I wonder if that dagger is still around...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 07, 2010, 08:43:47 pm »

What I want to know is the artifact sword Ragnorok still around, I liked that sword....  Of course a hundred year old talking dagger would be fun... though I have a feeling that it may kill this character.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 07, 2010, 09:27:45 pm »

I agree with refuges, then i suggest moving on to the dead tree, or lair of Juggernaut, as the only non-magical member of the group, I don't want to tangle with the fell arch-mage..... wait is that the guy who killed my last character?
No. The archmage is the leader of the cult that killed your last character. Your character was physically killed by four cultists due to a series of really bad rolls.

It is. I won't tell you where though :P

That Phoenix Stone is also around somewhere... as are a bunch of other artifacts (you guys already found one).

What I want to know is the artifact sword Ragnorok still around, I liked that sword....  Of course a hundred year old talking dagger would be fun... though I have a feeling that it may kill this character.

It was called Brazenfielder, not Ragnorok. And yeah, it's stats would be different (given I've revamped the combat system) but as an artifact it would still be one of the strongest weapons in the game.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:31:50 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2010, 10:47:07 pm »

I vote refugees. Also, when did I get medic skill?

Teach elementalism to people, since I'm EXPERT now.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #642 on: July 08, 2010, 01:29:14 am »

I loot the bodies primary for some sturdier armor or a stronger hammer, but I'm not that picky. Stone Spirit can help me with this.

Any way for us to get an update with the map or will you just put them in the front page for us to find it easier?

At first I wanted to go Juggernaught's Lair, but then I saw the "a dead tree labeled 'Sanguisuge'" and immediately thought "Zombie elves!". Don't know if there actually are any zombie elves but damn funny if there was.

I vote for Sanguisuge.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 08, 2010, 03:06:25 am »

let's pillage save them refugees!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 08, 2010, 08:38:11 am »

Also, when did I get medic skill?

Right here:

Remove metal from hand. Dump broken dagger on floor.
You scrutinize your hand (5) and carefully remove the shards of dagger from your skin, (Luck 5) removing any trace of ever having a broken blade in your hand.
+4 to Medicine.

Also, by my count that is 4 votes Refugees to 1 vote Sanguisuge.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 120