Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230305 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: New Discoveries [Turn 27]
« Reply #600 on: June 28, 2010, 01:07:55 pm »

sir diesalot is still on the waiting list.

Fixed. Thanks for that.

I try to get some holy water from Aarchan and pour it around the book.(not on it. I don't want to destroy the thing.) If he won't give me any I'll read the book anyway before promptly being slain by curiosity.

What book?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 28, 2010, 01:22:43 pm »

I meant the papers on the desk. I got a bit mixed up there.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 28, 2010, 01:29:48 pm »

*Re-Reads waiting list*
*Frowns*
*Reads thread again*
Didn't I ask for another go back on page 22 and 23? Or can I not have another go?
Edit: No i didn't mean resurrecting my char. Making a new one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 28, 2010, 02:08:01 pm »

*Re-Reads waiting list*
*Frowns*
*Reads thread again*
Didn't I ask for another go back on page 22 and 23? Or can I not have another go?
Edit: No i didn't mean resurrecting my char. Making a new one.
Huh. I thought I put you in there. Must have gotten it mixed up somehow...

Anyway, you're there now.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 28, 2010, 02:33:32 pm »

Can someone procure some alchemy ingredients for me? For healing salves? Namely, the people I saved from certain death (pretty much everyone)?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 28, 2010, 02:37:11 pm »

Sure, as soon as I'm done reading these papers... I might need a remove curse at that point though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 28, 2010, 02:59:36 pm »

Can someone procure some alchemy ingredients for me? For healing salves? Namely, the people I saved from certain death (pretty much everyone)?
I'll change my action, but I can't help with herbs without a good roll.

I summon containers of distilled water.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 28, 2010, 05:19:05 pm »

Continue practicing dual wielding, focusing on defending with two weapons in hand.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 28, 2010, 06:38:49 pm »

Give dragnar a vial of holy water, then collect bones from the pile of corpses, a skull, and a few other bones.
Nom nom nom

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:38 pm »

Cure Moderate Wounds on my golem.
Order my golem to, after being healed, attempt to find some Myou's Grace.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 28, 2010, 09:45:21 pm »

Practice elementalism Make pretty frost patterns in the air to impress my teammates.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #611 on: June 29, 2010, 05:07:25 am »

Figure out a spell allowing me to look, hear and ultimately talk through the Stone Spirit, making it a great party trick but also for scouting purposes. The Stone Spirit will help me with all its knowledge to make this succeed.

If this work, I'm going to build up the spell step by step until I my self end up as an earthen elemental.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Looting and Learning [Turn 28]
« Reply #612 on: July 04, 2010, 10:50:59 am »

I'll meditate on my knowledge of Necromancy and try to figure out a more effective spell for damaging demons.

I summon containers of distilled water.

You try to summon some water for use in potion-making, (4+2) summoning a large quantity (Luck 5) that is just about pure H2O. Drinking a lot this stuff is not recommended.

+3 to Summoning
I try to get some holy water from Aarchan and pour it around the papers.(not on them. I don't want to destroy the stuff.) If he won't give me any I'll read the papers anyway before promptly being slain by curiosity.

Aarchan offers you some water, wich you take back to the study. (6) Before you pour it around the papers, you catch a glimpse of one. In fact, they seem rather mundane; tax reports, construction projects, diplomatic drafts... you decide not to waste the holy water on them.  On the bottom of the papers, there is one missive that seems to be concerning some book however. Reading it further, it seems to reference a tome of unholy power, and some sort of ritual. (Luck 6) On a whim you look in the bottom desk drawer, and see the source of the evil aura; it is a book, about 6 inches thick, that appears to have a binding of some sort of odd leather... no, not leather... human skin! There is also an odd sigil painted on the front in what appears to be blood.

I'm going to Wake up and thank Aarchan for breaking me out of there, then test if I can remember how to use runecrafting by carving something useful into my axe.

You give your sincerest thanks to the man who shattered the mirror, explaining to him that you had been trapped in there for months, slowly being absorbed into the mirror after you lost to your clone. You then grab your axe and look at it, then try to carve a rune onto it. (2+1) You try to carve a rune you have a faint recollection of, (Luck 2) but only scratch the surface of your axe.

(You remember the rune anyway though, because I just realized I forgot to give you one).

Continue practicing dual wielding, focusing on defending with two weapons in hand.
You run around the room waving your two blades around, looking quite silly. (4) you do seem to learn more about how to incorporate the balance and weight of these weapons into your attack, (Luck 5) and further develop your skill when dual-wielding weapons.

Give dragnar a vial of holy water, then collect bones from the pile of corpses, a skull, and a few other bones.

You scour the skeletons looking for bones, (3) and collect a fair amount. (Luck 4) One of the skeletons is also wearing a piece of ordinary jewelery, which you decide to pocket. 

Cure Moderate Wounds on my golem.
Order my golem to, after being healed, attempt to find some Myou's Grace.
You go to work on healing your golem, (2) but your spells don't seem to have any effect on it. (Luck 5) You have some idea of the huma- err, golem anatomy however, and end up fixing him manually.

+3 to Automaton Repair

Practice elementalism Make pretty frost patterns in the air to impress my teammates.

You tinker with your frost spell, looking to make pretty shapes. (4+2) The ice crystals fly everywhere, (Luck 4) which you realize could be weaponized before you try and duck. (RTD 6)(RTD 1)(RTD 1)(RTD 4)(RTD 6) Almost everybody dives as the ice scatters, but Kin and Marcus remain oblivious and get pierced by the ice.

+2 to Elementalism
New Spell: Frozen Burst

Figure out a spell allowing me to look, hear and ultimately talk through the Stone Spirit, making it a great party trick but also for scouting purposes. The Stone Spirit will help me with all its knowledge to make this succeed.
You focus on strengthening the bond with your spirit, (1) but can't find any way to see or hear using it's senses. In fact, you can't figure out how it senses things at all. (Luck 5) You end up glancing at it quizzically before deciding you need more skill with earth magic before attempting something like that.

Cheddarius' golem attempts to locate some Myou's Grace. (5) The golem seems to turn it's cogs for a minute as it thinks (Luck 1) before responding "Current Biome: Broken Lands. Myou's Grace Native Biome: Grassland. Probability of Myou's Grace growing in current biome: Impossible. Mission to gather Myou's Grace rejected."

-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:31:15 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 04, 2010, 11:07:42 am »

First, I announce that anyone who wants to use the water for potions is welcome to it.
Next, I'll meditate on my knowledge of Necromancy and try to figure out a more effective spell for damaging demons.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Looting and Learning [Turn 28]
« Reply #614 on: July 04, 2010, 11:10:01 am »

Now for another very bad idea: I order my minions to pick up the book while I copy the odd sigil onto my zombie's forehead. If nothing happens I start reading the evil book of evil.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 120