Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230307 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Ding dong, the clone is dead [Turn 26]
« Reply #585 on: June 27, 2010, 03:35:04 pm »

Your past three actions were identical, and the fourth one very similar. Your main purpose might be healing, but they are other things you could do... you could fix your golem for example, or cast one of your enhancing spells on your allies or golem, or use your staff which you have decent skill with and does decent damage. You could try studying the other players and learn their magic if you want something else to do. Heck, even if you want to continue healing, you could notice that nobody is severely wounded but several people are lightly wounded, and try healing multiple people at once or something. I mean, look at Nirur in AOI, he was a healer buy found plenty of things to do. Anything would be better than copy-paste healbotting, really.

I can remove it I guess, but try to do something differently in the future. Or if you want to do the same copy + paste actions, do that, and the one-track mind thing will have absolutely no negative effect.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 27, 2010, 03:46:51 pm »

Remove metal from hand. Dump broken dagger on floor.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 27, 2010, 03:56:10 pm »

Nirur did tend to create other problems he had to deal with... like zombies of his former friends.

I search the town for something resembling a library.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 27, 2010, 04:38:51 pm »

Nirur did tend to create other problems he had to deal with... like zombies of his former friends.

That's actually a brilliant idea. Start carrying out bad ideas, and you'll either get awesome results or extra stuff to fix normally!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 27, 2010, 04:50:38 pm »

examine the mirror, if it is movable and inactive, take it, if it is broken collect a shard of glass.  If it is active, and dangerous looking, smash it.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 27, 2010, 05:13:28 pm »

That's actually a brilliant idea. Start carrying out bad ideas, and you'll either get awesome results or extra stuff to fix normally!
For a skilled healer a resurrect spell is not a bad idea ..... unless the dice dislike you.

I try to teach summoning magic to anybody who is interested. Summoning + Alchemy = Fun! (I don't think I can learn how to summon herb x without having studied it, but you should be able to summon one with a basic understanding of summoning and knowledge of the herb.)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 27, 2010, 07:22:27 pm »

Before, you said that I needed living flesh to attach to my golem, so I couldn't try that.
I assumed my staff wasn't that great, because it's a staff, and I'm a healer, and healers are usually portrayed at being awful at attacking - I thought I'd be more useful healing people who had moderate wounds and could die soon.
As for my buffs, again, I thought healing was more prudent than, say, hastening teammates who were perfectly healthy, or protecting teammates and just delaying their deaths instead of preventing them.
I had no idea I could just learn other people's magics; I also did not think of inventing a group heal. So generally, I probably could have done something else... but I did not know it, or I held healing the wounded/critical as a higher priority.

That being said, there are some good ideas and the fighting is over anyways.
I order my golem to maul some hobos or something and heal and/or augment itself.
I attempt to heal both Nirur and Aarchan at once, and perhaps Kin as well.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #592 on: June 27, 2010, 07:31:08 pm »

I study summoning from Nirur Torir (hopefully learning Summon Wildlife) while Stone Spirit scout around this and adjacent rooms.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 27, 2010, 09:09:27 pm »

Maybe he did create more problems than he solved, but it was Fun! After all, that's what RTDs are supposed to be.

Before, you said that I needed living flesh to attach to my golem, so I couldn't try that.
I assumed my staff wasn't that great, because it's a staff, and I'm a healer, and healers are usually portrayed at being awful at attacking - I thought I'd be more useful healing people who had moderate wounds and could die soon.
As for my buffs, again, I thought healing was more prudent than, say, hastening teammates who were perfectly healthy, or protecting teammates and just delaying their deaths instead of preventing them.
I had no idea I could just learn other people's magics; I also did not think of inventing a group heal. So generally, I probably could have done something else... but I did not know it, or I held healing the wounded/critical as a higher priority.

That being said, there are some good ideas and the fighting is over anyways.
I order my golem to maul some hobos or something and heal and/or augment itself.
Yeah... maybe it was partly a misunderstanding, because my living flesh I meant you needed humans, not demons(who aren't alive). Recently deceased humans could work too, but not already decaying flesh. I wasn't trying to restrict your actions too much, I just didn't want you to add all 100 dead demons to your golem, which would have been really weird(and taken like 50 turns). Maybe I did overreacted a bit to your actions as well. As I said I had a rough week and seeing that same action again annoyed me quite a bit.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2010, 02:09:22 am »

I try to practice wielding a dagger and a sword in both hands.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: New Discoveries [Turn 27]
« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:43 am »

Remove metal from hand. Dump broken dagger on floor.
You scrutinize your hand (5) and carefully remove the shards of dagger from your skin, (Luck 5) removing any trace of ever having a broken blade in your hand.

+4 to Medicine.

I search the town for something resembling a library.

You wander around the halls looking for some sort of room housing volumes of books. (Luck 6) You don't manage to find any sort of public library, but you do find a small study with several books that seem to pertain mostly to history. At the center of the room there is a beautiful mahogany desk that draws your eye. Ontop the desk there are several papers (Luck 5) but what really draws your interest is a aura of great power - and great evil - radiating from it.

examine the mirror, if it is movable and inactive, take it, if it is broken collect a shard of glass.  If it is active, and dangerous looking, smash it.

You look at the mirror. It is quite large, spanning the whole room, and thus quite immobile. You see no reflection of yourself when you look at it, but a feeling of unease overcomes you, and you know the mirror is very much still active. (Luck 6) You decide to break the mirror and smash it, but lacking any blunt weapons punch it instead, cutting open your hand and sending shards of glass everywhere. (Luck 4) A swirling mist covers the room for several minutes after this, and when it fades away you see the remains of many humans and animals lying scattered on the ground. Most are long dead and skeletal, but one seems to have been absorbed by the mirror recently enough that he is still alive, though he seems to currently be sleeping.

I try to teach summoning magic to anybody who is interested. Summoning + Alchemy = Fun! (I don't think I can learn how to summon herb x without having studied it, but you should be able to summon one with a basic understanding of summoning and knowledge of the herb.)

You yell loudly "Class starts in 5 minutes" and proceed to the corner of the room. (1+2) you begin thinking of how to teach summoning to your students, (Luck 3) but have some difficulty putting the concepts into words.

+1 to Summoning

Your golem attempts to fix it's arm.

You focus on creating a mass of positiver energy in your hand, (3+3) but instead of channeling it into someone you disperse it through the room, (Luck 5) which heals everyone it touches.

+4 to Healing
New Spell: Curative Aura

I study summoning from Nirur Torir (hopefully learning Summon Wildlife) while Stone Spirit scout around this and adjacent rooms.

You wander over to Nirur and begin talking about summoning magic, (3) but have difficulty understanding what he is trying to say. (Luck 5) at some point you have a minor breakthrough however, and learn how to conjure food.

+2 to Summoning
New Spell: Conjure Food & Water

I try to practice wielding a dagger and a sword in both hands.
You begin trying to wield a dagger and a sword in both hands, (5) and your skill with the sword makes it somewhat easier than it would be for most people. (Luck 5) you actually get the hang of it pretty quick, and learn how to dual-wield with only minor penalties.

New Ability: Dual-Wield

A human lies upon the skeletal or decaying remains of other people. He has a rugged appearance and is dressed in worn leather armor, and has an axe strapped on his back. Nothing else seems remarkable aside from the fact that he is still breathing, unlike the others that surround him.

Cheddarius' golem tries to bring it's bones back into place, (1) but lacks sufficient medical knowledge and is rather clumsy. In the end, he only makes it worse.

-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2010, 12:17:11 pm »

I'll meditate on my knowledge of Necromancy and try to figure out a more effective spell for damaging demons.

I summon containers of distilled water.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:00:04 pm by Nirur Torir »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2010, 12:18:01 pm »

sir diesalot is still on the waiting list.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 28, 2010, 12:18:15 pm »

I try to get some holy water from Aarchan and pour it around the papers.(not on them. I don't want to destroy the stuff.) If he won't give me any I'll read the book anyway before promptly being slain by curiosity.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:21:50 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 28, 2010, 12:46:59 pm »

I'm going to Wake up and thank Aarchan for breaking me out of there, then test if I can remember how to use runecrafting by carving something useful into my axe.
NOT THE BEES!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 120