Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230223 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Okay, changed.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Attempt to enchant longsword with force bolt!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

This is either going to succeed epically, or fail horribly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Indeed.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

You don't have a longsword...

I also think it's kind of weird you're trying to enchant something in the middle of the battle, but I guess you can do whatever you want.

Still need KineseN's action.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

And there goes my streak of luck.

Smash the prone image of Virroken in the head with my Iron Hammer. Make the Stone spirit attack the aggresive imp.

::)

There, in plain sight.  :P

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Woops, missed that.

Turn up shortly, then.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Janitorial Duty [Turn 23]
« Reply #547 on: June 14, 2010, 02:22:32 pm »

HEAL ME! and kill me image!
Dodge, and try to slow bleeding!
While spending extra effort to avoid your twin's attacks, you rip some of your clothes to use as improvised bandages. (4) You bind your wounds (Luck 1) but don't get them tight enough, and they do little to slow the bleeding.

Revised action:

If none of my lazy companions help, I'll use my action to healing salve first Dragnar, before his possibly suicidal action, and then Aarchan.
My skeleton will shield Dragnar.

If one my my companions helps, I'll use a healing salve on Dragnar and then shield him.
My skeleton will attack the imp.

Command 3+1: Your skeleton distracts the imp and begins fighting it.

You lift a healing salve from the unconscious Cheddarius and help spread it over Dragnar's wounds. He is already looking better. Since none of your lazy companions are helping, you lift another salve and use it on Aarchan, which does what the bandages couldn't and slows the bleeding.

Augh! Bad bad bad! I try to heal myself by casting a rune of energy on some summoned food then eating it. I'll have my minions try to deflect any attacks coming toward me.
Command 3: You order your minions to protect you. They sort of stand between you and the imp, but don't really look like they care.

Feeling somewhat better, you try to conjure some food (5+1) You summon a delicious-looking roast duck and begin playing with your food. (Luck 3) The designs you carved into the duck don't really seem to have an effect, but the food helps you feel better.

+2 to Summoning

Smash the prone image of Virroken in the head with my Iron Hammer. Make the Stone spirit attack the aggresive imp.
Command 5+3: Your spirit rushes off to fight the imp.

You charge Virroken's twin and aim for his head (4+1) throwing a brutal strike at him. (RTD 3-2) He can't properly evade due to being prone and frozen in place, and you shatter his skull.

+3 to Hammers

Frost-freeze image so it sticks to the floor, and everyone can beat up on it again.
You try to freeze your image to the floor (2+2) and send a wave of frost towards him, (Luck 5) which condenses into an icy prison.

+3 to Elementalism

Telepathically order my golem to attack the weakest enemy, or just tell it to if I am healed.
If I am healed, try to cast a stronger healing spell on the worst-damaged comrade.
Command 6+3: You can't telepathically order anyone to do anything, but your golem noticed that you have been attacked and decides to protect it's master. Instead of attacking the weakest enemy, it rushes to your defense to fight your own twin.

Nobody bothered to try and heal you, so you're still unconscious.

You look around and see half your companions bleeding to death. Deciding this is the perfect time to indulge your own curiosity, you search for a longsword to enchant. (Luck 4-1) The only sword you see is your own shortsword, and you try to make do with that. (3+2) You focus on imbuing the sword with raw force (Luck 5) and succeed, creating turning your mundane sword into a magical one.

+4 to Metamagic

Nirur's skeleton attacks the fleeting imp, (5) throwing a wicked slash at it. (RTD 1+1) Caught off-guard, the attack cleaves through the imp, dealing heavy damage and wounding it's wing. It falls to the ground.

Dragnar's minions loiter around.

Kin's spirit attacks the imp with a Stone spell. (4+1) The stone flies straight towards the imp, (RTD 3) who is unable to dodge and gets pounded by the rock.

Cheddarius' golem attacks his twin, (6) throwing all it's force at him. (RTD 2) Distracted by Cheddarius, the twin doesn't notice the golem and gets thrown to the ground.

Aarchan's image attacks him with his dagger, (1+1) but falls short. (RTD 4) Aarchan easily dodges the attack, even in his weakened state.
Panicking, the imp tries to flee (1+2) casting a quick spell. (Luck 4) Even with the imp's hasty actions, it casts the spell and vanishes.
Cheddarius' image attacks the golem, (4+1) attacking with a quick strike from his staff. (RTD 2) The golem fails to dodge and suffers a broken bone in his arm. 

-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mirror Images (click to show/hide)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 14, 2010, 02:25:07 pm »

Recouver blessed knife, and stab my twin.
I gotta hit him FINNALLY! I mean he dodges non-stop...
Nom nom nom

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #549 on: June 14, 2010, 02:53:32 pm »

Just some questions before I decide what to do.

Earth heal is a spell only for earthen entities or can I use it on anyone?
Are I still prone or am I standing now? It says I'm prone in the status.

• If Earthen Heal can be used on anyone I prioritize Cheddarius and then Dragnar.
    Since I learned Earthen heal from the Stone Spirit it will heal Dragnar first.
-
  • If I can't use Earthen Heal on them I attack Cheddarius' image with a well placed Spire.
    Stone Spirit will protect Dragnar or Cheddarius if either of them get attacked.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 14, 2010, 02:59:26 pm »

Dangit, nobody healed me? The healing salves were right there, dudes. It's a free action.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 14, 2010, 03:06:27 pm »

I ask what the unknown creature is while absent-mindedly sketching runes on the ground. This might end poorly...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2010, 03:11:01 pm »

Just some questions before I decide what to do.

Earth heal is a spell only for earthen entities or can I use it on anyone?
Are I still prone or am I standing now? It says I'm prone in the status.

Anyone, though it stands to reason it would have more of an effect on earthen entities.

I ask what the unknown creature is while absent-mindedly sketching runes on the ground. This might end poorly...

Ask who?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 14, 2010, 03:19:55 pm »

My minion? The thing I summoned a couple turns back?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 14, 2010, 04:59:44 pm »

AWESOME

Beat up Aarchan's image with my sword!

Anyone want a force dagger?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 120