Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230142 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

I have +3 to healing, bro. It'll be fine.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, but this:

Augh! Bad bad bad! I try to heal myself by casting a rune of energy on some summoned food then eating it. I'll have my minions try to deflect any attacks coming toward me.

Sounds excessively dangerous, and so perfectly dwarfy.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Ohhh. I thought you meant me healing him, not him healing himself.
By the way, if feeding a potion is a free action, can you feed my one of my salves?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, although eating salve is usually a bad idea.

I feed Cheddarius a healing salve if it is a free action.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

And there goes my streak of luck.

Smash the prone image of Virroken in the head with my Iron Hammer. Make the Stone spirit attack the aggresive imp.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

I... I thought it was like a potion? To eat?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

A slave is more like rubbing alcohol. You rub it in the wound to clean it out, or in this magical case, instantly heal it!

And yes, my action might go horribly wrong. Especially since it's combining two types of magic.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

I would be horribly entertained if the thing Dragnar summoned turned out to be a distorted Slender Man.
I didn't even know what that was, but having looked it up I can safely say it isn't.

A better description of the creature would be that it stands ~3 feet high in a bent over posture, with rough brown skin. It is very thin, and it's limbs rather long. Small, short spines cover parts of it's body, and it has sharp teeth. Its eyes are a bright red, just like the Imp.

The Imp, in comparison, is around ~3.5 feet, has dark red skin but no spines, and has wings. It flies about quickly. It's limbs are shorter than the other creature, and it isn't as thin.

Yes, although eating salve is usually a bad idea.

I feed Cheddarius a healing salve if it is a free action.

Using items is more of a minor action. You can use one per turn for free, but to use more than one it needs to be your main action. I think...

It shouldn't be a problem if two different people use two items. I'm just doing this so we don't have horrible abuse with one person using 10 salves to go from almost-dead to perfect health without using any actions later on in the game.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really need to be healed too....
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

I really need to be healed too....

Yeah, you do. Without help, you'll probably bleed to death in 2 turns. Dragnar's more wounded, but losing less blood... so he would probably last 2 turns as well.

Luckily for you guys, your allies seem to want to keep you alive.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Revised action:

If none of my lazy companions help, I'll use my action to healing salve first Dragnar, before his possibly suicidal action, and then Aarchan.
My skeleton will shield Dragnar.

If one my my companions helps, I'll use a healing salve on Dragnar and then shield him.
My skeleton will attack the imp.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Is the salve for eating, or spreading on wounds?
Anyway, guys, I think one of you should put the salve on me to make me conscious, and another should put the salve on dragnar, and I will try to heal Kilakan. If I don't succeed, we'll put the salve on him next turn.

Could someone help me acquire more alchemy ingredients when possible? I'm running out here, and I don't have the manpower to collect ingredients myself for healing salves for the entire team. Also good would be maybe a book of healing spells or special armor or something like that, since I'm the only healer and basically if I go down we're all screwed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Also: RNG, you ever going to add me to the waiting list?
Watching, put me at the bottom of the waiting list, which is not going to empty any time soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could someone help me acquire more alchemy ingredients when possible? I'm running out here, and I don't have the manpower to collect ingredients myself for healing salves for the entire team. Also good would be maybe a book of healing spells or special armor or something like that, since I'm the only healer and basically if I go down we're all screwed.
When we're safe, teach the summoners about alchemy. Problem solved, assuming we don't summon nightshade that looks like Myou's Grace.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

When we're safe, teach the summoners about alchemy. Problem solved, assuming we don't summon nightshade that looks like Myou's Grace.
You of all people should never underestimate the power of epic failures.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 120