Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230226 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Victory [Turn 14]
« Reply #360 on: May 05, 2010, 12:31:55 pm »

The cursed mountain range sounds boring. Let's go to demon city.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 05, 2010, 02:31:44 pm »

Demon city. BURNPILLAGEBURN! That's right. I'm going to burn stuff with my ice spells.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #362 on: May 05, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

As someone said in another RTD: ...PILLAGE... then BURN...BURN! That way we get our loot and not useless ash and charcoal.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 05, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »

IDK I think training with a mountain range would be better, plus there's rare plants up there, no so much in a city.  I mean think about it, we are a group of 8, who lost one to a pack of hell hounds, yet we are gonna charge a city?  I'd prefer to search the mountain range.  Maybe we should split into two groups, those who want to go to the mountain, and those who want to raid the city..... I also have just a blessed knife and no shirt, and burnt tattered shorts, with only a few potions....
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Turning the Tables; Invasion of Duplicity [Turn 15]
« Reply #364 on: May 05, 2010, 05:16:56 pm »

IDK I think training with a mountain range would be better, plus there's rare plants up there, no so much in a city.  I mean think about it, we are a group of 8, who lost one to a pack of hell hounds, yet we are gonna charge a city?  I'd prefer to search the mountain range.  Maybe we should split into two groups, those who want to go to the mountain, and those who want to raid the city..... I also have just a blessed knife and no shirt, and burnt tattered shorts, with only a few potions....
Ugh... of course you have to object after I've already written the turn. We'll wait for the others I guess. If several others want to go to the mountains instead, I can split the groups.

Actually, I just realized it doesn't matter, because where you go/what you do only effects next turn, not this one. So I can still post the rolls.

Arcanum Octet II: Turning the Tables; Invasion of Duplicity [Turn 15]

Extract Blood from the hell hounds, and collect the ash from the skeleton.  Then read the book of alchemy for any mixtures to create living slimes, which shall serve their master's wills.
You use your knife to puncture a hole in the hellhounds (5) and try to drain the demonic ichor from them. (Luck 1) You suddenly realize you don't have any vials to put the ichor in, and it spills to the ground.

+1 to Butchering

I try to cast a summon skeleton spell.

Contemplating the summoned skeleton, you try to get your own. (2+1) You call an undead presence to your side. (Luck 5) A skeleton appears beside you. Unlike the other one, this one seems to follow your orders.

+3 to Summoning

Order Golem to add corpses to itself
Heal Aarchan

Control 2: The golem doesn't seem to care about augmenting itself.

Sighing at the golem, you instead go to work on healing Aarchan. (6+3) The power comes easily to you. (Luck 3) The power surges forward, which startles you and causes magical basklash. Aarchan's wounds are partially healed.

+2 to Healing
Stunned

I carve a rune of energy on my zombie.
You work on carving a rune of energy on your zombie. (5+2) You take off parts of the rotting flesh to form the rune. (Luck 4) You finish the rune, leaving a large hole in the zombie's chest.

+3 to Runecrafting

Alright, Attempt to dispel the curse.
You work on removing the curse from your weapon. (6+1) You pull the magic from the weapon. (Luck 6) You lose control of the magic, which explodes.

+2 to Metamagic
New Spell: Disenchant

Oops. Failed to read that your golem killed the last one.

Don't stand anywhere near Cheddarius golem and attempt to summon an earthen golem/elemental. Laugh maniacally.
Despite having no former knowledge of summoning, you try to use your attunement to the earth sphere to summon a elemental. (5-1) You gather your energy and try to materialize a slave nest to you. (Luck 5) A small earthen creature appears next to you.

+5 to Summoning

Carve rune of warding on my un-runed dagger.

You grab your other dagger and work on carving a rune into it. (4+2) You carve the rune into the dagger (Luck 1) but make the grooves too deep and break it instead.

+2 to Runecrafting

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:00:33 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 05, 2010, 05:18:25 pm »

Alright, so don't post another action. Once we figure out where we're going, then I'll post what happens, and then you can post actions. If you post an action now, I will use that one, even if you change it later, despite any new developments. So if you post you're going to dance around, then I post that a giant demons shows up, you will still be dancing around.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 05, 2010, 05:48:09 pm »

Unursed force spear?

Also, attempt to enchant the spear with torch.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 05, 2010, 05:56:36 pm »

I say Duplicity. I originally supported the Spires, but now I realize that it has a colossus that is far too difficult for us - mere civilian demons are better, though there are more.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 05, 2010, 06:02:15 pm »

Unursed force spear?

Also, attempt to enchant the spear with torch.
Oh, woops. Supposed to be Uncursed. I just realized I forgot to remove the Force enchantment as well... I'll let you keep it I guess, since it was my mistake.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 05, 2010, 06:39:11 pm »

My vote for the city remains.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 05, 2010, 06:40:41 pm »

going to the demonic city would be suicidal. TO THE CITY!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 05, 2010, 06:54:11 pm »

That's 5 for the city, 1 for the mountains... Sorry Kilakan, I think you're outnumbered.

-----

The group approaches the demon city of Duplicity. The city is surrounded by walls, but there is no gate. Instead, a large arch marks the entrance to the city. As you walk inside the arch, you notice that the entire city is perfectly symmetrical; you feel your mere presence disrupts this symmetry. Someone - or something else must have noticed this disruption too, as six shadows approach your group. Each shadow seems to have a twin, and their movements mirror each other, keeping the symmetry in line.

-----

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 05, 2010, 06:57:25 pm »

We must all move to the same die of the city. That way only half can reach us.

Carve random runes into one side of the arch, not necessarily ones I actually know how to use either. Yes, I am intentionally making the demons mad.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 05, 2010, 07:01:13 pm »

Alright, as soon as they show any signs of hostilities, SHOOT FIREBAWLS at them.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 05, 2010, 07:06:19 pm »

We must all move to the same die of the city. That way only half can reach us.

Carve random runes into one side of the arch, not necessarily ones I actually know how to use either. Yes, I am intentionally making the demons mad.
Is making them mad while we have guests now wise?

Good idea with the same side, let's keep to the side closest to the human lands. Note that the shadows' movements are perfectly symmetrical with their twins. I don't think they're good at dodging, but I don't want to touch them. Somebody send a minion to attack my skeleton's target's twin.

My skeleton attacks a shadow. I attempt a Destroy Undead spell on a different shadow, but not the twin.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 120