Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230407 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

"A Myriad of Magical Mishaps... and some Minor/Major Miracles" could be close enough?

Cast Spire in a secluded area and then engrave a Rune of Ice on it. Put the result in my inventory.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 02:25:09 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II:A Myrad of Magical Mishaps and Minor Miracles [Turn 10]
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2010, 12:11:22 pm »

"A Myriad of Magical Mishaps... and some Minor/Major Miracles" could be close enough?

Ohh, that works. Thank you.

I think we should stop by in Duplicity on the way, but apart from that suggestion I'll go with the group.

I'll study my summoning book again as we travel. There isn't likely to be a better time to read than now for quite some time.

You do realize that Duplicity is a demon city? So, you can't exactly walk in and stock up on supplies. Not saying that you shouldn't go, since you can always find loot and stuff, but then again I'm not saying you should, because it's a city... filled with demons that want to kill you. It's up to you(and the rest of the group) if you want to go or not, but I just thought I would clarify.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:15:54 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Order golem to help out Nirur Torir
Try to find/ask for/etc. Myou's Grace and Distilled Water

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Yes, I know it's a demon city. But the other plan at the moment is to visit "The Spires of Hell" which sounds even more dangerous to me.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

*Ahem* I appear to have 12/10 Elementalism. Isn't that supposed to be 2/20?

Give sandals then Accept sandals graciously.

Cast gale on the rampaging boar.

Okay, next turn, we move out of the gates.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Two of the best the world had to offer were offed by a group of 3 demons. So watch out.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do not know what you are talking about.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Well I was pretty damn good, I don't know about that other bloke.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grab the stuff to make healing potions from the military stockpile, then head out to the SPIRES! Or duplicity, whichever :D
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Well I was pretty damn good, I don't know about that other bloke.
Ya shoulda gone out with a bang: WORLDBREAK!!! Might have made this setting quite interesting... or just dead.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Imbue force on one of the spears, then give to whoever wants one.

I'll be going with the doodz.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Random Encounter [Turn 11]
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2010, 08:47:36 pm »

New spell, can't complain too much. Yes, I'll be traveling with the party.

I lifetap the boar, then yell for help.
You try to recover your health from the attack. (1+2) You fumble with your Lifetap spell, and it goes awry. (Luck 5) Luckily, you don't seem to suffer any ill effects.

+1 to Necromancy

Obtain der's sandals. Carve a picture of a pretty flower rune of warding on sandals. Return sandals.

You grab Derek's sandals and get to work on them. (6+2) You carve the rune on the bottom, then embellish it with floral print. (Luck 2) Unfortunately the print seems to nullify the rune's effects.

+2 to Runecrafting

I think we should stop by in Duplicity on the way, but apart from that suggestion I'll go with the group.

I'll study my summoning book again as we travel. There isn't likely to be a better time to read than now for quite some time.

As you walk out of town, you stick your nose in your book. (5) You page through it thoroughly. (Luck 1) Unfortunately, you don't manage to learn anything new.

Cast Spire in a secluded area and then engrave a Rune of Ice on it. Put the result in my inventory.
An idea suddenly crosses your mind, and you try to make a new weapon. (6+2) You bring a massive spike out of the ground, then work on carving a rune of ice into it. (Luck 6+1) The spire suddenly takes on a blue glow and the surrounding area becomes very cold. You attempt to place this spike into your inventory before realizing this giant obelisk is far to large and heavy for anyone to carry.

+3 to Elementalism
+2 to Runecrafting

Order golem to help out Nirur Torir
Try to find/ask for/etc. Myou's Grace and Distilled Water

Command 3: You dispatch your golem to kill the boar. It doesn't seem very interested, but wanders over anyway.
(6) The golem steps in front of the charging boar and tries to grapple it. (RTD 4) The boar had impressive momentum, but the large bulk of the golem stops it and throws it down on the ground.

You then seek out some distilled water and Myou's Grace. (Luck 5) The quartermaster gives you some water, and you find ample supplies of the flower outside the city gates.

*Ahem* I appear to have 12/10 Elementalism. Isn't that supposed to be 2/20?

Give sandals then Accept sandals graciously.

Cast gale on the rampaging boar.

Okay, next turn, we move out of the gates.
You summon up your wind energy to help your colleagues. (1+3) You create a gale... ontop of yourself. (Luck 5) By some miracle you aren't hurt by it, however.

+1 to Elementalism

Grab the stuff to make healing potions from the military stockpile, then head out to the SPIRES! Or duplicity, whichever :D

You seek out the quartermaster to get more supplies. (Luck 4-1) He eyes you suspiciously and asks what you did with the other supplies he gave you. (2) Unable to come up with an answer, he boots you out of the stockpile.

Imbue force on one of the spears, then give to whoever wants one.

I'll be going with the doodz.

You now shift your attention to one of the spears. (3+1) You begin to imbue the spear with the same force the dagger had. (Luck 4) You imbue the spear successfully.

Quote from: Golem
The flesh golem kills the boar.
-----
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

------

As the group passes by the city of Duplicity, your group runs across a pack of hellhounds. 12 of them, to be exact. They snarl viciously.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:59:48 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Hit the a hellhound with a force spear!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 15, 2010, 08:51:03 pm »

Cast Conjure fire elemental.

Ask result to fire upon the hellhounds. Add my torch to its attack.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2010, 08:52:22 pm »

(hey, anyone want the force spear? I'll enchant my sword, and if it works, I'll use it)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 120