Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230388 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Waiting for death. [Turn 9]
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2010, 06:23:18 pm »

Finally.

I try to conjure up a meal, which I do not eat. Baked boar's head with mostly clean water should work.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2010, 06:25:23 pm »

I am under the assumption that we are to get a 'quest' after the next demon attack?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »

Shh, I need more time to learn how to conjure up skeletal armies.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2010, 06:56:42 pm »

Heal golem again

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2010, 07:21:58 pm »

switch out force dagger for non-magicky dagger on belt. Then, go to town, see what I can fetch with my demon daggers/spears. I would like some rations/etc...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:47:39 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2010, 11:36:48 pm »

I am under the assumption that we are to get a 'quest' after the next demon attack?

Not directly, no... I had hoped it would be obvious from reading the Legends in the OP(If anyone did; I guess I should realize after hosting several RTDs that relatively few actually read the lore). You may reread them and try and figure it out for yourself, or...

Spoiler: metagamey stuff (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2010, 02:40:23 am »

I say we leave for the Spires.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2010, 02:53:50 am »

I agree. I just want to get some travelling supplies before we go.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2010, 03:35:09 am »

Look around for some better protection and then look around for someone to help.

___
The bonus to spellcasting, how does it work?

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 12, 2010, 10:09:55 am »

The bonus to spellcasting, how does it work?

You have a 2/3 chance to get a +1 modifier to your luck.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2010, 02:43:01 pm »

I also agree the spires sound interesting. 
Mix some ash and holy water together, to make a holy-paste, which hopefully can be put on weapons to 'poison' demons wth the holy water.  Make as many as possible.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

A Myrad of Magical Mishaps and Minor Miracles [Turn 10]

Someone wanna save me? D:
Use my hot, 20 charisma body to melt the ice.
Cast the opposite of chill by saying the incantation backwards. Magic works that way.

Despite the fact that you are encased in ice and can't talk, and that magic most certainly does not work that way, you attempt to free yourself. (6+1) You run over the incantation in your mind, then run it over again backwards while visualizing the ice around you melting. (Luck 5) To your surprise, the ice begins to thaw and does so at a rate that you take no damage from frostbite or cold.

+4 to Elementalism
New Ability: Great Willpower
New Spell: Thaw

Rush over to Virroken and cast torch on him.
I ask Virroken (If he is free) To make a rune of warding on my sandals. This should theoretically protect me somewhat from attacks.

Edit: Changed robes to sandals. Can't carve on robes.
You run over to the now-freed Virroken (5+1) You start to summon a giant flame before realizing that scorching the unthawed Virroken would not be productive. (Luck 5) Instead, you use your magic to warm him up.

+3 to Elementalism
New Spell: Warmth

Oh well, I leave the church and carve a rune of energy into my staff. I'll also have my wight go out and search the battlefield for anything valuable.(assuming it's smart enough to do so)

You wander out of the church and decide to make the best of what you already have. (3+2) You carve a perfect rune of energy into your staff. (Luck 2) Unfortunately, it seems to have no effect. Maybe because it's already enchanted?

+2 to Runecrafting

Finally.

I try to conjure up a meal, which I do not eat. Baked boar's head with mostly clean water should work.

Eager to put your newly-remembered abilities to the test, you begin to summon a simple dinner. (6) You focus the energy and release it in front of you. (Luck 1) To your surprise, rather than summoning a boar's head you've summoned an entire boar... and it's alive. And angry, by the looks of it.

+2 to Summoning
New Spell: Summon Wildlife

Heal golem again

You turn your healing magic on the golem again. (6+2) You pour all of your magical energy into the golem, trying to heal it's wounds. (Luck 4) The flesh begins to recover, but you are now completely drained of magical abilities.

+3 to Healing

switch out force dagger for non-magicky dagger on belt. Then, go to town, see what I can fetch with my demon daggers/spears. I would like some rations/etc...
You swap the daggers quickly, then head to the shops to see what you can get for your loot. (Luck 3) You find that none of the shopkeepers want anything to do with those demonic weapons. Besides, it seems like there are enough normal ones for now... the shortage is in soldiers.

Look around for some better protection and then look around for someone to help.
You scour the town and battlefield both, looking for armor to use. (Luck 2) You find nothing of use.

I also agree the spires sound interesting. 
Mix some ash and holy water together, to make a holy-paste, which hopefully can be put on weapons to 'poison' demons wth the holy water.  Make as many as possible.
You mix your ash and holy water together. (3+5) The ash and holy water combines into a sort of sludgy mix. (Luck 5) Suddenly the black color vanishes, leaving a clear, jelly-like substance. 

+5 to Alchemy

Quote from: Angry Boar
*SQUEEEEE*
The boar charges at Nirur. (4) It heads directly for him! (RTD 3) Nirur throws himself away from the boar, but it's charge still catches him on his side. The boar's tusk gores Nirur's flesh open.
-----
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Unless someone states otherwise, I'm going to assume everyone is leaving for the Spires at the end of this turn. Make your preparations carefully.

Oh, and a revision on the magical books: Rather than essentially being useless, but still sticking to the "I don't want people spending 10 turns studying them while the world goes to hell" thing, I have decided to allow you all to read them again; Mostly this will result in minor skill gains, but a good roll can indeed grant a new spell or two. However, you can only read them once, at which point they disappear.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:25:25 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New spell, can't complain too much. Yes, I'll be traveling with the party.

I lifetap the boar, then yell for help.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obtain der's sandals. Carve a picture of a pretty flower rune of warding on sandals. Return sandals.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

I think we should stop by in Duplicity on the way, but apart from that suggestion I'll go with the group.

I'll study my summoning book again as we travel. There isn't likely to be a better time to read than now for quite some time.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 120