Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230626 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The Good, The Bad, and the Insane [Turn 38]
« Reply #810 on: July 28, 2010, 02:40:12 am »

No, I mean literally fix the dagger, to make it not broken. Who cares if your dagger is cursed if it's not broken any more? You can't unequip it, but you don't want to unequip it anyway.
But you might want to use your hands you know!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 28, 2010, 03:00:12 am »

In reality, yes; in practice, in this game, hands are actually quite rarely used.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #812 on: July 28, 2010, 03:26:46 am »

Holy sweet mother of Dice. Now that was nice. Almost feels like I'm siphoning all of the groups luck and using it for myself.

Me and Stone Spirit will heal Virroken but also attempt to break him free by gently punching the ice.
Hopefully the ice won't crack and Virroken with it, right?

Also, I'm very interested in the Evil Book Dragnar, but my plans for it are so complex that I'm not sure if its worth it.
And for a side note, my 8 berries and the Arae flower is given to Kilakan if he wants them, especially the Arae flower for its magical properties, choughanimatedgelatinechough.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 28, 2010, 03:54:13 am »

Holy sweet mother of Dice. Now that was nice. Almost feels like I'm siphoning all of the groups luck and using it for myself.

Well. Now I know the first spell I'm researching if I ever get a chance.

In reality, yes; in practice, in this game, hands are actually quite rarely used.

Exactly. Don't try to throw the dagger away- that's what they're expecting. You gotta throw em a loop and graft it into your arm. I guarantee the curse won't have prepared for that one!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 28, 2010, 08:00:34 am »

*Bewildered stare*

There is, as of this moment, two people in the group that have a spell that will remove a curse in one way or another. There is also a person with 7 vials of holy water, which is typically known to remove curses and bless objects as well.

I couldn't believe all those 5's, but yeah, maybe I should have stopped rolling earlier. Either way, it's not like anyone died, so no lasting harm done.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #815 on: July 28, 2010, 09:31:40 am »

You say that now, but in a turn or three destruction will ensue, all because you didn't stop rolling.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 28, 2010, 01:27:37 pm »

You say that now, but in a turn or three destruction will ensue, all because you didn't stop rolling.
Don't you see?! That's exactly what he wants!!!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 28, 2010, 03:39:20 pm »

who needs me to blow something up fix a problem with holy water?
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 28, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »

Acanthus117 with his cursed daggers. If, of course, he still wants them uncursed.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 28, 2010, 04:41:06 pm »

It plus that flower someone just found could destroy the evil book of evil, but I just thought of something better to do with it... though if I get a bad luck roll it's just as likely to create a boss monster of some sort.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 28, 2010, 04:58:03 pm »

It plus that flower someone just found could destroy the evil book of evil, but I just thought of something better to do with it... though if I get a bad luck roll it's just as likely to create a boss monster of some sort.

So it's a perfect plan?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 28, 2010, 05:02:01 pm »

So it's a perfect plan?
Exactly!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 28, 2010, 05:31:30 pm »

Read principals of justice, while holding the holy symbol of the god of Justice, attempt to glean any potential spells/prayers and or energies and memorize them, hopefully some type of offensive banish evil type spell.

Encourage the gelatin to attempt to gain some mass, but avoid eating the locals and me or my stuff.

I engrave linked runes of warding and subversion on the bracers.
I find the commander of the guard and ask for information regarding where the attacks likely originate, and which areas should be stopped to slow our foes down. I'll also mention our success at Duplicity.

I'm still not sure exactly what we accomplished at Duplicity, aside from looting. Let's leave between this turn and the next.
All right.
Cast Curative Aura.
Command Golem to go around town and ask for alchemy reagents or useful equipment.
Seeing as the golem is done with the voulge, can I have it back?

I'll try to help Virroken out of the ice block by using a spring (Torrent might end up hurting you) of warm water (even if it's room temperature it should be fine... ish).
Thank you, diesalot. Will ward you afterwards.

More thawing. More willpower. More luck.

Since I've frozen myself twice in a row, I should be able to do it on command now. NEW MOVE TIEM. Not that I'd ever use it. Maybe I'll find an offensive use for it. Sit on target and cast on self for epic lawls.

I guess I'll look for a priest to uncurse my daggers.

Me and Stone Spirit will heal Virroken but also attempt to break him free by gently punching the ice.
Hopefully the ice won't crack and Virroken with it, right?

Checking to make sure these are the current actions, since there have been so many posts it has gotten confusing.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 28, 2010, 05:49:30 pm »

Yes for me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 28, 2010, 05:52:20 pm »

Looks all right to me.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 120