Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230631 times)

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The Good, The Bad, and the Insane [Turn 38]
« Reply #795 on: July 27, 2010, 09:16:03 pm »

Thank you, diesalot. Will ward you afterwards.

More thawing. More willpower. More luck.

Since I've frozen myself twice in a row, I should be able to do it on command now. NEW MOVE TIEM. Not that I'd ever use it. Maybe I'll find an offensive use for it. Sit on target and cast on self for epic lawls.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 27, 2010, 09:35:05 pm »

What if someone tries to attack you with a fireball? Freeze yourself instantly and you'll be protected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 27, 2010, 09:39:28 pm »

I think that trying to counter the spell would be more likely to work, and have less of a crippling downside.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 27, 2010, 11:14:17 pm »

Thank you, diesalot. Will ward you afterwards.

More thawing. More willpower. More luck.

Since I've frozen myself twice in a row, I should be able to do it on command now. NEW MOVE TIEM. Not that I'd ever use it. Maybe I'll find an offensive use for it. Sit on target and cast on self for epic lawls.
New Spell: Frozen Popsicle
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 28, 2010, 12:17:49 am »

Discard both daggers, and wield my scimitar and short sword.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 28, 2010, 12:18:45 am »

Discard both daggers, and wield my scimitar and short sword.
Rule one of cursed weapons: You can never remove them while they're still cursed.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 28, 2010, 12:23:25 am »

What should I do, then?!

YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 28, 2010, 12:27:58 am »

What should I do, then?!
Find a scroll of remove curse, a spell, or a vial of holy water, if curses work like nethack curses.

Generally, look for either something that removes curses, or is holy. Though I'm not sure holy stuff will remove curses, since I've never really played Arcanum before, and I'm not sure RNG has it working the same way. But surely there has to be something.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 28, 2010, 12:30:07 am »

Okay, I change my action to praying really really hard to a god to help me.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 28, 2010, 01:50:48 am »

Or get someone to fix the dagger.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 28, 2010, 02:01:17 am »

I change it AGAIN to search for someone to uncurse mah daggers.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 28, 2010, 02:24:42 am »

No, I mean there are several ways to fix this problem.
The probably most difficult/improbable method is praying for a god to uncurse them.
An intermediate method is to ask a priest to uncurse them.
A bit easier is to maybe ask someone in the group who has holy abilities or something to uncurse them (or draw an uncursing rune or something - I had a scroll of bless but Virroken used it)
What I think would be almost certain of success, and very easy to do, is just to pay some blacksmith to fix the dagger.
The absolute easiest method, though not very effective, is to say "screw it" and fight with only one dagger, or perhaps practice magic or something.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 28, 2010, 02:26:45 am »

I guess I'll look for a priest to uncurse my daggers.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 28, 2010, 02:31:27 am »

What I think would be almost certain of success, and very easy to do, is just to pay some blacksmith to fix the dagger.
Depends on what you mean by "Fix". If by fix you mean repair then the curse will very likely still be in the dagger. If you mean uncurseing then the blacksmith is the LAST place I would look for uncurseing.

Blacksmiths aren't mages or priests, I highly doubt they would have a way to remove the curse.

Of course, as I've said, I've never played Arcanum before. And for all I know the blacksmith could have ways to "Fix" the dagger.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 28, 2010, 02:37:49 am »

No, I mean literally fix the dagger, to make it not broken. Who cares if your dagger is cursed if it's not broken any more? You can't unequip it, but you don't want to unequip it anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 120