Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230622 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II:The March begins. [Turn 2]
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2010, 06:36:01 pm »

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 07:15:24 pm »

Sorry!

I go to the battlements, and prepare to hail down fire on the accursed Demons.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The demons are here! [Turn 3]
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2010, 12:25:30 pm »

The demons are here! [Turn 3]

Cast Cure Minor Wounds my arm

Wow.

You try and heal the damage you inflicted on yourself. (1+1=2) Your feeble attempts to repair the damage only end up making it worse. (Luck 2) Your arm is now infected, and in critical condition.

I go on top of a wall or tower, and watch the advancing enemies, trying to identify commanders to target once they get closer.
You dutily head to the keep's walls, prepared to help fend off the demon army (6) You get to the top and begin scanning the enemy ranks for their leaders. (Luck 2) You fail to determine who is the leader, when all of the demons have sharp spikes, and fangs, and blood-caked talons... and... blood... Uhhhh... *HURG* You throw up over the side of the wall.

I thank the wind elemental for helping me in my time of need. I head up to the battlements, whilst trying to levitate small rocks around my form with wind magic.
You head up to the walls and prepare to face down the demons. (6) You pick up several small rocks and throw them into the air. (Luck 5) Despite controlling rocks traditionally being earth magic, your wind magic manages to keep them aloft as they whirl around you.

+3 to Elementalism

Kinseen, I've got a rune of Ice, which is kinda a elemental spell in rune form. Wanna try swapping rune spells or forming a new rune?

If Kin agrees, practice rune-stuff with him, teaching him Ice and Warding runes.
If Kin doesn't, practice with daggers.

You begin to talk about the runes you know. (4+2=6) You blow through the material quite quickly, a little too quickly perhaps. (Luck 4) Kin barely manages to keep up with you, but he does learn how to use the Rune of Ice.

+3 to Runecrafting

I'll read my summoning book, trying to find/summon a magical creature that is knowledgeable about runes.

I'll swap spells with anyone who had knowledge of the same schools as me and agrees. More spells for all!
You page through your book, looking for information on magical creatures. (2+2=4) You don't find much information, as your book only seems to cover basic knowledge. (Luck 5) You do learn more about summoning, however.

+2 to Summoning

I glady accept Virrokens offer and teach him Rune of Power and Rune of Durability. I also search the book for useable runes against demons, such as a Rune of Combustion.
You train with Virroken, learning what little he knows about runes. (4+2) You begin teaching him yourself, and like Virroken, blow through the material pretty fast. (Luck 1) He doesn't pick up what you're saying though; In fact, you've only managed to confuse him.

+2 to Runecrafting

Barge through to the demons, and stand in a ready position, sword drawn. "En garde!"

You prepare to fight against the demonic menace. (?) You rush out of the front gates and brandish your sword, ready to fight the demons.

>Mix up some healing salves, saving 1 pouch of ash, 1 vial of water, 1 vail of oil, and head to a church.

You begin working on making a 'healing' potion, and work on mixing the ingredients together. (1+2=3) You accidentally drop the solution, which shatters. (Luck 1) The solution explodes, engulfing you in flame and damaging your equipment.

Sorry!

I go to the battlements, and prepare to hail down fire on the accursed Demons.
You walk up to the battlements, preparing to fight the demons. (1) Hmm... that's odd. Where are they? You lean over the bastion to try and see them, but lose your balance. (Luck 6) You barely prevent yourself from falling off the wall, though you tumble backwards into a supply crate and know everything to the ground.
-----

The demons have reached the city! They attack next turn!

-----
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexander(ExKirby) (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2010, 01:09:31 pm »

I cast Lifetap, preferably at an enemy that is threatening ExKirby.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2010, 01:16:39 pm »

Etch rune of warding on ground where the demons will be when they break in. These things only affect enemies, right?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2010, 01:22:07 pm »

I RUDDY HOPE SO.

Swordplay!

Do I get both a parry AND a dodge roll per attack?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2010, 03:36:48 pm »

I Tell my wind elemental to shoot a concentrated stream of oxygen at the Demons. I cast torch into the stream. This should create an intense blazing flamethrower that i shall henceforth refer to as 'Hellfire'
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2010, 04:34:32 pm »

I'll place a rune of warding on the main gates, hoping to slow their attack.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2010, 06:10:55 pm »

Go to a church, then fill 5 of my vials with holy water.  Wash off clothes and burns, if non-scared water is present.
Nom nom nom

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2010, 06:43:23 pm »

I knew it.
Cure Minor Wounds on my arm, inevitably killing myself. Cry out, shouting "I'm too young to die!" as I fall to the ground.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2010, 06:48:41 pm »

ZE PAIN!!!! lol.... wait didn't I blow myself up on turn two of the first arcanum octet?
Nom nom nom

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 pm »

Since I have no time to do some more experiments I get to the keeps northen wall and starts throwing Stone at any demon that is too close to the walls. If the spell require stones from the vincity I will only use what I can find down the ground and not from the walls, otherwise keep using Stone until I feel tired.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2010, 07:05:37 pm »

need archanthus's post now...
Nom nom nom

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2010, 02:37:38 pm »

HURRY IT UP.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2010, 04:12:46 pm »

I'll give Acanthus until tomorrow to post. If he doesn't post by then, I guess I'll just drop him.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 120