Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230090 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Is the salve for eating, or spreading on wounds?
Anyway, guys, I think one of you should put the salve on me to make me conscious, and another should put the salve on dragnar, and I will try to heal Kilakan. If I don't succeed, we'll put the salve on him next turn.

Could someone help me acquire more alchemy ingredients when possible? I'm running out here, and I don't have the manpower to collect ingredients myself for healing salves for the entire team. Also good would be maybe a book of healing spells or special armor or something like that, since I'm the only healer and basically if I go down we're all screwed.
Salves are typically used to spread on wounds. For these particular healing salves, think of a potent mix between a disinfectant and liquid bandages.

Also: RNG, you ever going to add me to the waiting list?
Watching, put me at the bottom of the waiting list, which is not going to empty any time soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry, I missed that post. Let me add you now.

Sir Diesalot, your character should be popping up in a couple of turns.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Spoilers inside spoilers don't work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Might want to fix the front page.

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Character Creation:
Name:
Profession/Skills(Chose 1 major and 2 minor):
Requested Equipment(If it's reasonable, you will start with it):
Background Information(Optional):
[/spoiler]
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Nirur, we don't have a Summon Alchemical Ingredient spell or anything.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wll since I'm also an alchemist, I'll help you collect.
Nom nom nom

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Thanks.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Spoilers inside spoilers don't work

Ah... so I see.

Thanks for that. It's fixed.

Nirur, we don't have a Summon Alchemical Ingredient spell or anything.

No, you don't have a Summon Alchemical Ingredient spell... but you can make one!

"Invention is driven by necessity" and all that.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Wait, dangit, you can make spells? Okay, I'm going to make a cure serious wounds spell then.

Telepathically order my golem to attack the weakest enemy, or just tell it to if I am healed.
If I am healed, cast a spell called Cure Serious Wounds (it will heal more strongly, healing all wounds even if they are fairly serious) on the worst-damaged comrade.
Telepathically order my golem to attack the weakest enemy, or just tell it to if I am healed.
If I am healed, cast a spell called Cure Serious Wounds (it will heal more strongly, healing all wounds even if they are fairly serious, or on a mediocre luck roll) on the worst-damaged comrade.

If I am healed, try to cast a stronger healing spell on the worst-damaged comrade.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:07:22 am by Cheddarius »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I am healed, cast a spell called Cure Serious Wounds (it will heal more strongly, healing all wounds even if they are fairly serious) on the worst-damaged comrade.
The only problem with that is you're trying to create a tall magma storage tower, complete with a plumbing system powered by perpetual motion machines, when you barely know how to build a shack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Sir Diesalot, your character should be popping up in a couple of turns.

Well that's ominous. About time, but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

The only problem with that is you're trying to create a tall magma storage tower, complete with a plumbing system powered by perpetual motion machines, when you barely know how to build a shack.
Huh? I already have Cure Minor Wounds. I'm just saying I want a spell that is Cure Minor Wounds, except it cures... twice as much, maybe. Because I already heal a lot, but I want to heal fully. It's annoying to heal someone but have him or her still have a scratch or be lightly wounded or something. So I'm trying to build two shacks, when I already know how to build a shack. In fact, I know how to build it so well, that more often than not, I build it too well. (I have +3, so my possible rolls are: 4, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

That's probably poor luck rolls more than not having a big enough spell, from what I've seen. Though you do seem to be at +3 to healing, so getting one of those advanced spells might be wise.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Well, this is what I'm hoping: if I roll a 3 on a Cure Minor Wounds, I barely heal anything, right? But a 3 on a Cure Serious Wounds should potentially heal a bunch, because even if you partially fail, the part that's left is big.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Earthen Grave [Turn 20]
« Reply #537 on: June 13, 2010, 10:44:28 pm »

That could work, but as you pointed out it's no longer possible to roll a 3 on Cure Minor Wounds, unless you're injured or try to do it upside down or something. Plus, if you're rolling a 3 on Cure Minor, you'd be rolling a 1 or 2 on Cure Serious, which will do nothing at all or maybe hurt.

Having a superheal might not be a bad idea, but your roll set would go from [4,5,6,6,6,6] to [2,3,4,5,6,6], so it'd have to be pretty damn good to make it worth trading a 4 for a 2 or a 5 for a 3.

Your high-rollin' heals would be stellar, of course, but I'm not sure if that's an issue currently. I suppose if you use the extra turn option you'd have a fairly surefire out of combat heal, however.

Also took me a bit to find it so here's the rules for advanced spells, should anyone else have similar trouble:
Spoiler: Advanced Tier spells (click to show/hide)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

A 3 for luck, I mean. Right now, I always succeed, but succeed in luck rolls normally. With that, I would only succeed 2/3 of the time, but I would succeed in luck rolls a lot more.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:02:05 pm by Cheddarius »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

You can't exactly make spells as in "I want this spell that does this and this", but you can try to accomplish something you do not have the spell for. If you get good rolls, you will succeed and get a new spell; bad rolls you will not accomplish what you were trying... additional negative effects may be present depending on the roll and what you were trying to do.

So trying to develop a more powerful healing spell is perfectly fine. 
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 120