Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230196 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Failed Experimentation [Turn 79]
« Reply #1725 on: January 08, 2011, 05:43:36 pm »

On the one hand, I had a feeling now was not the right time to try the binding. Haste makes waste.

On the other hand, my initial reaction upon seeing the thread title was "DOH!" so I'm pleased there were no side effects.

Anyway, the two bosses are Torillerb, Lord of Balors and Hastur, the Eldritch King. Torillerb fights in a frenzy and uses fire magic, Hastur crushes your mind. The archmage suggested we protect ourselves from fire magic to go after Torillerb, though personally I'd like to see at least our tanks better armored as well. He's the one guarding the portal in Schlade.

Personally though, I'd rather hit more outlying demon strongholds, and perhaps visit some of the surviving human cities. The Burning Lock is where prisoners are supposedly taken to be turned into demons themselves (and located in a burning wasteland, so good practice for excessive fire). Imperten is on the map but we know nothing about it. The more local map had Sanguisine or whatever, apparently some sort of tree, as well as several unmarked boxes.

What does everyone else think?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 08, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »

Yeah, let's hit outlying demon strongholds. It's always a good idea to piss off the bad guys before you take the fight to them... Right?

Also, I don't think going into a city is a good idea considering I'm undead and I may freak out everyone that sees me.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 08, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »

Oh. Uh... maybe we could get you a mask, or something.

Besides, the walking but not ravenous dead probably aren't welcome, but they're far from the worst possibility.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 08, 2011, 05:59:25 pm »

I say we hit one of the unmarked boxs (could you link me the page the local map is on?) In the direction of the prison complex, and any demon strongholds/hide-outs on the way to the prison.  Since going after the lord of fire in our state may be a bad idea, and I'd like to have some practice fighting more before we go after the mind guy.  I mean he breaks one of our AOE mages, we are all dead.
Either way, we need to get some things to actually sell in town before heading back there, and maybe some type of full body armor/cloak for tarran...
Nom nom nom

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1729 on: January 08, 2011, 06:00:06 pm »

I'd like to visit some demon strongholds for their essence and perhaps for some nice armor. After all, saving the world is something that I can do after a nice shopping spree. Heh.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 08, 2011, 06:06:59 pm »

Found it: Map

The tree is Sanguisuge, and closer to Schlade than I'd prefer.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 08, 2011, 06:13:40 pm »

Oh right. Since Marcus is comatose now (Acanthus hasn't been on in two months), my preferred course of action at the moment would be to take him to Almar's Keep for safekeeping, and maybe get updated on the situation there, do some shopping if there's any to be done, and so on. Ideally we could swing by the refugee camp to bring more down, and perhaps Duplicity to ensure it's still empty or clear it out again.

At the very least, we should probably dump him at the refugee camp (and recruit his replacement) before exploring boxes.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 08, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »

Ok how about this, we swing south-west to the refuges, then head east to that unexplored box.  Head North-east from that to what appears to be a keep/castle/large city.  Then make our way into the wastes.  Hopefully we shall be able to stock up on food at that castle T shaped thing, and head through the wastes to Impertan or the burning wastes.  I'm a little worried about our food supply for the journey though, since after we leave here we shall be in strictly demon territory, and god knows what eating demonic food could do to us.
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 08, 2011, 10:13:10 pm »

Okay, I'm a bit lost, where are we on the map? Schlade?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 08, 2011, 10:27:15 pm »

Juggernaught's Lair.

We've never been to Schlade, though it was the starting town in Arcanum Octet I.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 09, 2011, 11:39:26 am »

I'm a little worried about our food supply for the journey though
I'm a skilled summoner. The basic summoning spell is conjure food/water.

Also, anyone plan on repairing(?) me sometime soon?
Yes. I intend to revive you fully. I could probably do more then just a human if I take extra time. Any preferences?

I'd like to hit an enemy stronghold, then the prison, then we'll reassess our ability to hit the next boss.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 09, 2011, 01:46:40 pm »

And if you die, not saying you will, we will probably all starve.... but anyways.
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 09, 2011, 03:35:22 pm »

Also, anyone plan on repairing(?) me sometime soon?
Yes. I intend to revive you fully. I could probably do more then just a human if I take extra time. Any preferences?
Personally, I wouldn't mind being a half-demon or something like that, but we all know how well that will end up *Looks at Dragnar*. So that's off the list.

Well, I guess anything that's fast and durable and can still wield my sword would fit my taste.

Anyway, I think kilakan's route is decent.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 09, 2011, 04:06:47 pm »

So I guess we've got at least two votes for at least "head back to refugee camp, then explore boxes?"

By the way, as long as we're getting a bit of direction, what's everyone's opinions on group projects? Would anyone be interested in pooling our abilities to accomplish a larger task, like forging a golem or some insane magical experiment?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1739 on: January 09, 2011, 04:17:50 pm »

Heading back to refugee camp and explore "boxes" are ok by me. Add a bit of daemon raiding maybe?

As for large project, sure why not. An automated golem type with a Color Crystal as a magic amplifier and the alchemy stone device as a booster equipped with Di'ako is what I thought of just now. Don't know how to power this thing though, maybe runes would help. Of course, this won't ever happen, just throwing out some ideas.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 120