Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230508 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Demons aren't known for mercy. [Turn 4]
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2010, 04:17:17 pm »

Well, also distraction tactics-while I was keeping them busy, someone could've sent, say, a fireball at them!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2010, 05:07:04 pm »

Well, also distraction tactics-while I was keeping them busy, someone could've sent, say, a fireball at them!

There isn't much point trying to distract an army, when everyone else is safely behind a wall. The others are right; you're dead.

Turn hopefully up tomorrow, though I can't promise anything. Been cleaning the house like mad, and the last thing I want to do when I finally get a break is try and think of creative results for overshots and failures. Sorry guys, I had bad timing for starting a new RTD.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2010, 08:55:20 pm »

Don't be a pain in the rear you're dead.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2010, 10:35:13 pm »

Congratulations on delaying the demons by less than one turn, sir.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2010, 10:46:58 pm »

The crux of the matter is that you're dead, and no amount of complaint will ever bring you back to life. It is utterly inconceivable. There is no way that you will be revived, no matter how unrealistic the game is. So why annoy people and stir up discontent?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2010, 10:49:20 pm »

Well, I suppose someone might actually get a resurrection spell right(IE: no zombification) but it will be so long before anyone is capable of that that that I doubt anyone would be able to find the body.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2010, 10:59:27 pm »

Well, yeah. Resurrection is possible. He might get revived that way. But not through complaining.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2010, 11:53:57 pm »

You must resurrect the dead champion.  My former character.  Even though it's been a while.  Just for lulz.  I won't play as him.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2010, 12:29:15 am »

Yeah, he should be an NPC. Or be drafted into the demon army. It'd be cool.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2010, 01:07:55 am »

Yeah, he should be an NPC. Or be drafted into the demon army. It'd be cool.
NO I MUST KILL THE DEMONS.
No John, you are the demons.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Victory at hand [Turn 5]
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2010, 11:18:04 am »

There's been so many posts, I can't see everyone's actions in the topic summary x.x Gonna have to quote manually then... dang.

Victory at hand [Turn 5]

I'll cast animate remains on the demon corpses behind their main line.
You come up with an ingenious plan to flank the demon army with their own soldiers (3+1) You try to animate the dead demons. (Luck 6) Nothing seems to happen, however. You come to the conclusion that demons aren't Alive, and can't be reanimated. Huh.

+2 to Necromancy

I cast frost at the enemy archers.
Determined to stop the demons, you try to cast frost upon the horse. (1+1) You can't bring yourself to successfully cast the spell. (Luck 4) Your energy is drained.

Tell the elemental to stop firing upon the demons for the time being. Ask Cheddarius to heal my injuries.

THIS WILL MOST DEFINITELY WORK OUT AND HAS NO POSSIBLE WAY OF HORRIBLY BACKFIRING!
Control (2+2) The elemental slows down and stops slinging people at the demons. That tornado it made seems to have drained your magical ability, and you can no longer control the elemental. It decides to leave.

You then seek out Cheddarius in hopes of finding healing. (6) You find him in the square.

I amplify Nirur's frost by casting chill. Magic totally works that way. Cold+colder = OH MANG!

You decide to help Nirur's spell along. (3+1) Despite his spell failing, you resume yours. (Luck 2) You chill the demon army. They seem to be mildly uncomfortable.

+1 to Elementalism.

Awesome! Derm, are you sure you want healing? It'd be better if I train up on some redshirts who I won't mind dead. On the other hand, whatever time you spent hurt is time you don't kill demons...
Heal dermonster's injuries (I assume moving from place to place is a free action)

You see Derek stumble into the square. Yes! Another victim test subject patient! (2+2) You prepare the magical spell while Derek settles into place. (Luck 6) Your spell actually goes off without a hitch, and you heal Derek's wounds.

+3 to Healing.

<.< ^.^ >.>

Whoops.

I use the stones on me and hurl them against the demons. Any demon close enough will taste my iron hammer.
Determined to make up for your mistake (3+1) you gather up most of the rock and hurl it at the demons. (Luck 5) The rubble impressively takes out a large chuck of the army, compressed into such a small space.

+3 to Elementalism

Okey, I try to be useful and go to the battlements.
You try to head up to the battlements. (Luck 2) You get lost.

that would mean there would be two of me!

also since you arn't updating the last turn I'll roll on with this one!

Throw the remaining holywater on the demons and ground where they broke through the wall, to burn their feet if they step on it and to kill the ones who broke through. (don't throw the vials too!  just spray holy water out.)
(5) You grab the vials of holy water and mark the ground by the breach to weaken. (Luck 3) The water should weaken the demons a little.

Quote from: Battlement Archers
Aim... Fire!
Another rain of arrows is unleashed on the demon army. {21}{17} They completely destroy the demon archers.

Quote from: Guards
Victory is at hand, boys! Get them!
The guardsmen rush the breach and engage in combat with the demons. {21-2}{15-2} Their heroism barely gives them the advantage against these monstrosities, as they strike down round half the horde.

Quote from: Demons
Destroy them!
The demons are not ones to run away, and resume fighting the guards. {13}{12} Their ferocity is unmatched, and they slay a large amount of guards.

-----
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexander(Deceased) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Allied Army (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Demon Army (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2010, 11:33:57 am »

DAMNIT, I WILL HAVE MY REVIVAL ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2010, 11:47:32 am »

...ya know what? Fine. I cast animate remains on Kirby's body.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2010, 12:14:47 pm »

Well, it's a start.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2010, 12:33:51 pm »

I meditate to restore my energies.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120