Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230830 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Anyone else feel like we're fighting a building? [Turn 63]
« Reply #1335 on: October 18, 2010, 06:52:27 pm »

let me guess, you're gonna drop the roof on him.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Anyone else feel like we're fighting a building? [Turn 63]
« Reply #1336 on: October 18, 2010, 07:08:06 pm »

Not those pillars, the ones with glowing tips.

This is quite accurate. It is a giant chunk of obsidian, as is everything else in the room, except for the onyx gems and the... wait, I forgot to mention that part, didn't I?

Okay, yeah. There are 12 small spikes surrounding the platform, each one roughly 8 feet tall, with the last foot or so being made of solid crystal that glows with a faint light that shifts through several colors.

I'm not convinced destroying them is the best idea, but that action came to mind and I wanted to try it out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 18, 2010, 07:11:56 pm »

Force Slash one of the pillars!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 18, 2010, 08:03:12 pm »

I really don't like this position. The platform should be in range of translocate, though. I hope.

I cast Translocate to get to the platform.

As Irony pointed out, you are around 50 feet up(His neck+head is about 10 feet). You could translocate 30 feet down and fall the other 20 feet(falling two stories shouldn't hurt too bad... right?) or try to climb down partway and translocate or something. Too bad he had to stand up, eh?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 18, 2010, 08:09:11 pm »

How tall is the platform, and how far away from it am I?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 18, 2010, 09:22:52 pm »

Platform is about 5 feet high, with stairs leading up to it.

Moloch is currently standing on top of the platform.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 18, 2010, 10:33:45 pm »

Oh.

Well then.

I cast Translocate to get myself as close to the ground over a skeleton as possible.
I empower my Translocate spell with 20% of my lifeforce, attempting to extend the range of the spell.
Skeleton 1 guards Dunib.
Skeleton 2 attempts to break my fall.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 18, 2010, 11:49:41 pm »

Are you positive near his head is a bad place to be? He might not be flexible enough to reach you.

Of course, if he is, that'd probably be the end of that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1343 on: October 19, 2010, 01:59:40 am »

Decipher the runes on the pillars and try to get the meaning behind them and Purge my black metal shard.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 19, 2010, 09:44:48 am »

Are you positive near his head is a bad place to be? He might not be flexible enough to reach you.
I'm not concerned with him reaching me up here, I'm concerned with me dodging a 60 foot fall whenever he makes a sudden movement. Plus, removing the helmet is no longer particularly useful, while removing his boots would allow us to hack away at his ankles, immobilizing him.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 19, 2010, 12:57:59 pm »

Am I the only one who remembered this after reading turn title?
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 20, 2010, 01:02:44 am »

Oh god not the GAZEBO of DOOM!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Bonemeal [Turn 64]
« Reply #1347 on: October 21, 2010, 08:06:36 pm »

Attempt to keep his attention, and try to 'kite' him over to one of the "Crystal spike things".
Noticing that the hulking figure has turned towards you, you try to keep it's attention. (6) You hit it once more with your axe to get it to pay more attention to you and then move away, (Luck 5) keeping a safe distance from the demon lord.

Randomly pick a pillar and cut it in half with my sword.
You look around and see one of the pillars just behind you. (1+1) You strike the pillar with your sword, but your attack wasn't powerful enough to break through. (Luck 1) The pillar starts reverberating and changes to a sickly green color, and you feel rather weak.

Quickly run up to moloch, attempting to avoid his attacks, and attack with Di'ako what looks like weak spots on his legs, attempting to break the plating and allow further attacks in.

You charge up to Moloch (3+1) and stab part of his lower leg. (RTD 1-4) Moloch was too preoccupied to notice with Dunib to notice you, and actually walks into your attack.  Your blade flares with a burning white light as it cuts through the heavy armor as if it were air, easily penetrating it and slicing into his leg. (Luck 2) You have some difficulty pulling your dagger free however, and can't get away from him as quickly as you had hoped.

+2 to Daggers

Stasis on Moloch's feet to freeze him to the ground. Preferably not when Kilakan is standing within damage radius.

You attempt to freeze Moloch to the ground, (6+1) encasing the surrounding area in ice. (RTD 4-4)(RTD 2) Both Moloch and Aarchan are covered in the ice.

+2 to Elementalism

Force Slash one of the pillars!

You charge up a blast of force energy, (4+3) unleashing it at one of the pillars. (Luck 3) The pillar snaps cleanly in half and the light in the crystal goes out.

Attempt to generate a slashing force boomerang and hurl it in an arc, ideally cutting several pillars in half.

You try to mimic Marcus and create an attack out of pure force, (2+1) blasting one of the pillars. (Luck 1) Not only does the pillar remain intact, but the color shifts to a blue hue and the force rebounds on you. (RTD 4) You jump out of the way of your own attack.

Oh.

Well then.

I cast Translocate to get myself as close to the ground over a skeleton as possible.
I empower my Translocate spell with 20% of my lifeforce, attempting to extend the range of the spell.
Skeleton 1 guards Dunib.
Skeleton 2 attempts to break my fall.

Empowering you magic with some of your own life energy, you try to get down from your precarious perch. (2+2) You reappear 8 feet above the ground, with your skeleton right below you. You fall a total of 3 feet before landing on your skeleton, (Luck 6)(Luck 4) and neither of you are injured by the fall.

Your other skeleton rushes over to protect (4) Aarchan, noticing that Dunib is safely away.

+2 to Summoning

Decipher the runes on the pillars and try to get the meaning behind them and Purge my black metal shard.
You study the runes on the cavern walls, (4+1) trying to decipher their meaning. (Luck 3+1) You determine that they are some sort of channeling device, probably related to the crystal pillars.

+3 to Runecrafting
New Spell: Rune of Channeling

Moloch swings one of his fists towards Aarchan, (2-2) but is very slow. (RTD 1-1) Despite this, Aarchan can't quite evade  due to being stuck in the ice. Nirur's skeleton flings itself in the path of the attack, taking the hit for Aarchan. The attack completely pulverizes the hapless undead creature. (6) Moloch then smashes the ice surrounding it, (Resist 2) breaking both himself and Aarchan free from the icy hold.

Moloch heals part of the wound that Aarchan inflicted on him.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 21, 2010, 08:14:53 pm »

AFDFGHDFGFGJFJGGFJ

Uhhh... Crap. Can someone remove my degeneration before it gets serious? Please?

Read my healing spellbook for any spells that could help my degeneration.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:40:23 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 21, 2010, 08:47:45 pm »

Strike at his helm, kite toward an unbroken pillar again.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 120