Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230972 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Crotety old men are very generous, if rude. [Turn 55]
« Reply #1155 on: September 16, 2010, 03:43:37 pm »

tank we so desperately need.

*cough*golem*cough*

Granted, Cheddarius' one wasn't perfect, but he made that one on accident out of wounded archers. Imagine what you could fashion on purpose out of your healthy friends!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 17, 2010, 09:34:23 am »

*cough*golem*cough*

Granted, Cheddarius' one wasn't perfect, but he made that one on accident out of wounded archers. Imagine what you could fashion on purpose out of your healthy friends!
ya but notice how the enemies tend to ALWAYS ignore the creatures we control?
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 17, 2010, 11:37:01 am »

*cough*golem*cough*

ya but notice how the enemies tend to ALWAYS ignore the creatures we control?
That's because nobody's ever given them order to guard themselves.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 18, 2010, 03:15:24 am »

and now the next turn almost entirely consists out of "Minions, guard me!"
also: edited the waitinglist entry:
(...)
Name: Harisha
Major Skill: Smithing (if it is in the game)
Minor Skills: Elemental:Fire, Elemental:Earth
Spell: Draw Veins (Earth magic - draws metal from the surrounding stone)
Spell: Lava Lance(Earth/Fire)
Spell: Produce Flame(Fire Normal Flame that lasts several turns - used for smithing)

Background:  Harisha is from the island of Vahlia. She arrived in Port Shalot only to witness a demon attack. Since the demons dismembered the captain of the ship she was on - right in front of her eyes -  she decided it was time to show those pesky creeps the business side of her hammer. Equipped with her smithing tool and self crafted shield and light armor she stood next to the townguards for the last few battles and struck down demon after demon. Her skills in smithing aided in repairing the broken equipment of the guards, but as more and more guards requested her to repair their equipment she had to travel a significant distance away from the port to find more metal containing stone to use as resources...
Equipment:
Crude steel armor (worn)
crude Steel greaves (worn)
Copper smithing hammer (equipped)
Shield crafted from a huge iron pyrite.
Iron anvil with (rune of feather)*
other smithing tools

*or anything else that makes it lighter, your choice RNG.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:04:08 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Rest, Relaxation and Recruiting [Turn 56]
« Reply #1159 on: September 26, 2010, 02:39:53 pm »

I ask for a book on demonology, so that I may learn to either purify them, exorcise them, or just banish them. I'll then thank him for his help, agreeing to never bother him again, and leave the tower.

The old man looks you over. (Luck 4) "Hmm... Curious. Okay, fine. Here."

Ohh! Ohhh! Ohhhh! The dagger, I must have that dagger!

Ask for the dagger and a way to limit the power temporary so that I can wield it until I need to unleash all its energy. Politely.

Also, could it be that this is the rumored dagger of Arcanum Octet I?

You pose your question to the old mage, (Luck 6) who promptly bursts out laughing "Something to control it? HA! Haha! Oh, you are clueless aren't you? Hehehe... okay, okay, yeah, you can have it."

Moar ice knowledge, I guess.
You ask for a book of ice magic. (Luck 5) "Hmm... Typical scholar, are you? How boring. Here, you can have this old tome."

Awww.

Then I'll just ask for a Tome of Scholarly Magic (the kind I'm skilled at).
You ask for a tome of theoretical magic. (5) The wizard thinks for a moment before handing you an old tome. "Yeah, this has some interesting things in it. It's where I got the idea for- erm, nevermind. Anyway, take it."

I shall ask for a suit of armor that can slowly administer potions to the wearer, amplifying their effects and prolonging the usage, while also being armor.

If any of you can tame the dagger's power, I'll use the hadeshorn brew on it, it may be the only way we can defeat moloch.
You ask the old man if he has any MP-47/A Prototype Medic Power Armor (Luck 6) He stares at you, and when you explain what you want he seems genuinely baffled. "That... I've never even heard of such a thing. Are you addled? Ehh...  maybe... here. This apparatus can manipulate the essence of various compounds and spells. Maybe you can figure out something to do with it."

True to your word, the group leaves the heads back the the refugee camp. When they arrive they are welcomed into the camp and given a chance to rest and relax. Three of the refugees, having heard of the group, want to fight the demons as well and ask if they can join up with them. Unfortunately I have no idea who these people are(except Tarran) because I was an idiot and forgot to save Dwarmin and Derm's characters when they posted them(Z. Chris has quit).

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 26, 2010, 02:47:54 pm »

Dunib Hellbinder, Brother To Derek Hellbinder
Major Armor skill
Minor Axeman skill
Minor Fel magic (Because I don't think anybody has used it before and I'm going for a 'Death Knight' feel here.)
Bismuth-Bronze Two handed axe, Full bronze (Or copper) plate over every part of the body. Small tome of Fel knowledge.
Ask my new teammates to carve a rune of warding on my armor. Also practice with my Axe.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 02:58:11 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 26, 2010, 02:49:13 pm »

Yay, finally.

Attempt to bind some life magic healing to my shield, so it continually heals the wearer.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 26, 2010, 03:41:49 pm »

Dunib Hellbinder, Brother To Derek Hellbinder
Major Armor skill
Minor Axeman skill
Minor Fel magic (Because I don't think anybody has used it before and I'm going for a 'Death Knight' feel here.)
Bismuth-Bronze Two handed axe, Full bronze (Or copper) plate over every part of the body. Small tome of Fel knowledge.
Ask my new teammates to carve a rune of warding on my armor. Also practice with my Axe.
Fell = Demonology, so Nirur knows a little of that. I've been somewhat inconsistent with my naming conventions.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 26, 2010, 07:20:29 pm »

Just reminding (because i dont see a waitlist) I had posted a desire to join (i know i wont be in yet just covering my bases)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 26, 2010, 07:35:10 pm »

Look around and attempt to find some type of metal armor.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 26, 2010, 07:43:41 pm »

I vote we hang around here for this turn, then head out to face the tank-like boss.

I read my new book on a way to, in order of preference, purify, exorcise, or banish our foes.

No! I don't wanna take hints that they can't be purified! They deserve purity! ... Or a cleansing of their corrupted nature, to make them non-evil. It doesn't do much good to turn them pure evil, if they aren't already. I have no interest in a spell that turns anything pure evil, and will not be wasting my book searching for such a useless thing.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 26, 2010, 07:46:37 pm »

I read my book for a way to unleash a storm of small, but very sharp force bullets.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:02:19 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 26, 2010, 08:59:03 pm »

Read book. Get phat skeelz and leet spells. And experience.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 27, 2010, 03:14:32 am »

One of you blow yourselves up before you leave camp so I can join. :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 27, 2010, 03:59:45 am »

One of you blow yourselves up before you leave camp so I can join. :D
I'll be sure to remember not to help anyone if they get in trouble. :P

Anyway, RNG, you forgot to update the waiting list spoiler.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 120