Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TSALT: LLIII Edition  (Read 1542 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TSALT: LLIII Edition
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 10:20:46 pm »

In as ¥ with 3 Dynamite. Can you explain what "fill 20 squares" means? Also, does Dynamite have range?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 10:22:41 pm »

um, how will this work?
Will we get pmed versions of the maps and an area where we can see around us?
And are traps visable? and can you step on a trap you made yourself?
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 10:30:48 pm »

I think it's just sort of a board game, where everyone can see everyone and everything else.

As for turn order, he said he'd process them "in order", which I guess means whoever posts first wins initiative.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 10:38:37 pm »

Also, if there are no locked doors, why would I want to destroy them? Does Dynamite work on vines/dirt?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 11:05:12 pm »

Dynamite destroys vines just like it destroys doors, and it injures players. It has no effect on anything else.

A detonating Dynamite fills the square it's on, then adjacent squares, then squares adjacent to those, and so on. The explosion generally travels in all directions equally.

Since you pass through doors as if they weren't there, you can escape a dynamite blast better by running through several. Also, since the blast squares get soaked up faster in large spaces than hallways, if you set the Dynamite in a room you have a better chance of escaping the blast.

Whether you want to destroy a door or not isn't the point. The dynamite destroys them.

Yes, there is a single shared map. Everyone sees everyone else. Traps are visible. But just because you can see it doesn't mean you can walk on it - anyone walking on any trap sets it off. The only way to disarm them is to use a Wrench to turn the trap back into an inventory item. Thus traps are best placed to prevent people from ganging up on you in an imminent combat, to block a hallway so people don't want to get through, to prevent people from getting to a treasure chest you can't open right now, or perhaps to grief people who spawn by placing it right outside the spawn. Although you might end up trapped there yourself, respawn location is random.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 01:26:24 am »

This still happening? If we're just waiting on an 8th, I might be able to find someone.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2]